+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can we talk for a minute about lustrous gem boxes?

I had to farm a little over 3 hours for all 6 boxes. Gotten all 6 every week, and cannot get them any faster than 3 hours.

What I do not understand is why patrons are not earning the lustrious boxes 2 at a time.
    I don't think I would have issue farming an hour and a half on a certain night for them, but needing to spend twice the amount of time vs non patrons is head scratching to me.
    I mean, its not like we have to run shadow towers three times to get our x3 bonus there, right?
    My two cents at least. The rates could be a little better earning them.

Experienced both patron and non patron for getting lustrous gem boxes. Both 3 boxes or 6 boxes, I get all the boxes around 3 hrs of farming.

3.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #23
    We're watching the feedback here and comparing it with the data we're seeing in the game world. It does seem like things are working as they are intended; Patrons and non-Patrons getting their maximum boxes for the day in roughly the same amount of time. We'll keep an eye on it though, for sure.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    Follow me on Twitter!

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

%100 agree patron does not get a real bonus here if your looking for the boxes.
    x2 per drop i think is a great option or even better we just get 3 in our claims each gem day...

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    We're watching the feedback here and comparing it with the data we're seeing in the game world. It does seem like things are working as they are intended; Patrons and non-Patrons getting their maximum boxes for the day in roughly the same amount of time. We'll keep an eye on it though, for sure.
    I don't think the problem is that people are getting it at the same rate. The problem is the amount of time it takes to get them. Last Wednesday I had absolutely nothing to do. It took me six, SIX hours of my day to get all of the boxes. It felt more like a job than actually enjoying the game. I and many other players will not be able to invest such a huge chunk of time just for a few boxes. Unfortunately, if we don't devote these large chunks of time, we feel punished simply because of how valuable the contents of these boxes are and that we were unable to get them simply because we were too busy or because of life.

EDIT: And to make things worse, since I am a patron, I feel even more drained simply because I have to spend twice the amount of time to get all of my boxes. Sure, I get twice as many boxes, which is nice, but it's twice the amount of boring, tedious, and grindy slog to do so.
    IGN: LippyLapras | Reddit: LippyLapras | Trove Creations Reddit

Quote Originally Posted by LippyLapras View Post
    I don't think the problem is that people are getting it at the same rate. The problem is the amount of time it takes to get them. Last Wednesday I had absolutely nothing to do. It took me six, SIX hours of my day to get all of the boxes. It felt more like a job than actually enjoying the game. I and many other players will not be able to invest such a huge chunk of time just for a few boxes. Unfortunately, if we don't devote these large chunks of time, we feel punished simply because of how valuable the contents of these boxes are and that we were unable to get them simply because we were too busy or because of life.

EDIT: And to make things worse, since I am a patron, I feel even more drained simply because I have to spend twice the amount of time to get all of my boxes. Sure, I get twice as many boxes, which is nice, but it's twice the amount of boring, tedious, and grindy slog to do so.
    Reread what Fasti said... ''Patrons and non-Patrons getting their maximum boxes for the day in roughly the same amount of time.''

Meaning patron or non-patron reach the cap in same time frame. Example if it takes 2 hours for you to get 3 boxes as non patron, it would have took 2 hours to get 6 boxes as patron. Now I guess you want it to be more visible in terms of feeling it, so you'd want to see 2 lust boxes drop as Patron but it would end up in same time frame getting to the cap.

Now the rng on them dropping that's a different thing, so far it's always around 2 hours to 3 hours for me to get all boxes. This week it took me 1h and 40 minutes to get 6 lust boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation on this Fasti. Like some of the others have said, 6 hours is too long to get all 6. IMO, It should be 3 hours or less. Those of us that work full time do not have 6 hours to devote to trove on Wednesday. I can normally get in the 3 hours of box farming time on a Wednesday night in between the rampages and challenges at the top of the hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorvik View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation on this Fasti. Like some of the others have said, 6 hours is too long to get all 6. IMO, It should be 3 hours or less. Those of us that work full time do not have 6 hours to devote to trove on Wednesday. I can normally get in the 3 hours of box farming time on a Wednesday night in between the rampages and challenges at the top of the hour.
    and even if we had that long, i wouldn't wanna spend all my free hours on only farming lustous boxes.

kerkad i want to buy stellar items i commented

i have suggestion can they make the drop for patron to be double so that it will be less time for patron so it will be 3 lustrous gem for both non patron and patron in time but the patron will get there 6 lustrous gem,

also on top of the time that it take too long to get the 6 lustrous gems they make the update on that day so we have to wait until they finish and for example for PS4 players they have more issue and they have to wait more until they can login and collect there lustrous gems, so again i see if they make the drop for patron players double will make the time less.

thanks,
    Deldar75

+ Reply to Thread