+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can we talk for a minute about lustrous gem boxes?

Here is my experience so far as a Patron Subscription player.

1st week. Farmed about 2 hours and got 4 Lustrous gem boxes.
    2nd week. Farmed for 3 hours and got 6 boxes.
    3rd week. Farmed for 2 hours and got 4 boxes.

So my experience has been that I am getting one box per 30 minutes of farming. Sorry, I didn't count the number of gem boxes, but It seems to me that it is time based and not the number of boxes that matter.

0 boxes - This is nonsense

Please change the system of obtaining these boxes. We do have quests. Make a quest.

Oh, that's interesting.. 5hrs? after server reset.

maybe if you use maps created before reset it'll continue working.

If they're going to tell us to goto a new map to open our cc's for a new cc in rotation (to avoid racing raptor in the past), then it should be a reasonable guess that might be the case here.

Took a little over 3 hours of grinding to get my 6 boxes, assuming that's average it seems pretty fair.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Mastery: 86,523 | Total Power Rank: 340,401 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 695 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687 | Gem Rerolling Issue | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Yesterday was really wierd for me, farmed 100 gem boxes and got 1 drop, then servers went down and after it came back up i farmed 900boxes more and got 0! drops.

Not sure if maintenance messed anything up, but it's not fair to make patrons able to get 6 drops, when an average person dosen't have time to farm more than 1 (If they are as unlucky as me)

My experience Wednesday night was similar to the last few weeks, I was getting one box for about every 30 minutes of farming. the last box that I got was around 40-45 minutes from box #5.

Note: I also had a report from another club member that they got 8 Lust boxes yesterday. They had already gotten their 6 before I got home and started farming, and they reported during the time that I farmed that they got a 7th and 8th box.

Last week for me it was every 30 minutes I was getting a Lust box, yesterday it was every 25 minutes. I am not sure if this helps anybody out (and this was with patron)

Yesterday I got 3 boxes in about 3 hours of farming overall time was closer to 5 hours with the last hour being a bust. No box despite my spending that extra hour trying to farm it. I did the Rampages and challenges that came up, so that interrupted the gem box farming time.

I talked to some other club mates and they reported it taking 6 hours to get 6 boxes.

If I can get 6 boxes in 3 hours of farming as a patron, I think that is not that unreasonable of an amount of time. I would be interested to see some non patron numbers related to this. If it is taking them the same time to farm 3 boxes as it takes a patron to farm 3 boxes, then its broken IMO. A patron should be able to farm those 6 boxes in the same time that a non patron should be able to get 3.
    Once more we have the RNG tossed into the mix that really messes this up.

This week I got 6 boxes in 1 hour and 40 minutes.

I think they drop more if you are farming with people, can anyone test this out next week?

Last week I farmed over 1000 dungeons, over 6 hours+ in various different worlds, I re-logged multiple times and got none drop at all, I posted a bug report about it (http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...-Box-drop-rate) which was largely ignored and think it might have something to do with activating a 1-day patron pass on wednesday.

This week, I made sure I had patron to cover the full day prior to the reset and it took me no more than 2 and a half hours to get all 6 boxes (aprox 350 dungeons), in the first two weeks I got them all in 3.5(aprox 500 dungeons) hours and 3(aprox 400 dungeons) hours respectively.

There's definitely something funky going on with these boxes though.

+ Reply to Thread