+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can we talk for a minute about lustrous gem boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    We're watching the feedback here and comparing it with the data we're seeing in the game world. It does seem like things are working as they are intended; Patrons and non-Patrons getting their maximum boxes for the day in roughly the same amount of time. We'll keep an eye on it though, for sure.
    I farmed for around 4hours
    U9, Fire Gem Box.
    0/3 Lustrous Gem Box dropped.

I watched @Jyreeil's stream the same day. He farmed for around 3H i think. He only got 1/6

If you say 3-4 hr is a normal amount of time then you are ONLY watching power farmers, I have NEVER gotten all 6 in 3-4 hours.
    Once (1!) I got all 6 in about 4.5 hours and this is my fastest sofar. Normal is 6 hours for me and no less.
    This is totally wrong and any dev which calmly states 3-4 hours in 1 day is the right amount of time is also very very wrong, if it has to be done in 1 day then it should be able to be done in 2 hours max not twice that.
    (and for checking if it works as expected you check worst case scenarios not best case case)

Quote Originally Posted by Tismij View Post
    If you say 3-4 hr is a normal amount of time then you are ONLY watching power farmers, I have NEVER gotten all 6 in 3-4 hours.
    Once (1!) I got all 6 in about 4.5 hours and this is my fastest sofar. Normal is 6 hours for me and no less.
    This is totally wrong and any dev which calmly states 3-4 hours in 1 day is the right amount of time is also very very wrong, if it has to be done in 1 day then it should be able to be done in 2 hours max not twice that.
    (and for checking if it works as expected you check worst case scenarios not best case case)
    Next Wednesday try leaving trove open and not playing, do something nice, and then get back after 30 mins and farm the next box. If you don't need gem boxes this is the best way to get lustrous. OFC it's a bad design. Instead of making it interesting it's time locked.

Quote Originally Posted by pFurini View Post
    Next Wednesday try leaving trove open and not playing, do something nice, and then get back after 30 mins and farm the next box. If you don't need gem boxes this is the best way to get lustrous. OFC it's a bad design. Instead of making it interesting it's time locked.
    Sorry but I cannot be online all the time, I play when I can and it is usually 1-2 hours a day not spread out over the day.

Quote Originally Posted by pFurini View Post
    We (My husband and I) can pretty much confirm this method. Whenever we farmed for hours together in the same world, clearing the exact same dungeons, we tend to get the lustrous boxes at the exact same dungeon/time. Whenever one of us entered a new fresh world after we take a break for 30minuts-1hour doing something else while still online, the first dungeon after the break will almost everytime give a lustrous box or the few dungeons after that. Still it takes a long logged in time but it is a lazy way of doing the farm.

well if only they can improve patron or some of the bonus day. like having increase amount of drop instead of the god knows how much actual % drop rate or whichever. which is also why alot times i dont use patron since it dont seem to work well at all.
    for example wed gem box day having limit up to 6 lust box for patron i would rather having it drop 2lust box when you get it.
    another one would be friday dragon day. its still funny how the bonus apply for the wild dragon boss dropping 2x and 3x straight up getting 10 and 15fragment with a good flux decon value. meanwhile you only get 1frag from the rng frag dragon set instead of giving 2x/3x the amount.

Well, this Wed was actually very consistent. Pretty much every 30 min of farming, I got a box. Much better than previous weeks, where sometimes I'd go an hour without seeing anything.
    Woo, husband of AJo | Mastery: 570+ | President of Garden of Wool | Alpha - Knight Supporter

1 word, 3 letters: RNG
    Praise the sunflower !

+ Reply to Thread