+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can we talk for a minute about lustrous gem boxes?

Did you renew your patron on Wednesday (yesterday)? Come to think of it, all of the Wednesdays that I got no lust boxes, I had renewed patron on that day.

Quote Originally Posted by iAndy View Post
    Did you renew your patron on Wednesday (yesterday)? Come to think of it, all of the Wednesdays that I got no lust boxes, I had renewed patron on that day.
    Yes. I had a new Patron on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Medont View Post
    Yes. I had a new Patron on Wednesday.
    Of all the similar things that happened on each Wednesday that I got no lust boxes, this was the most stable/common thing that could have caused it. It seems like renewing Patron on Wednesday causes you to get no Lustrous boxes for that day (maybe during the week too?). Fasti, you might want to pass that onto the guy looking into that bug.

I wonder if the bug requires capping the # of boxes the previous week too (I doubt it).

The second reason is the old session (world). Need go in a new session (world), new bonuses not work in the old. I thought it was fixed.

4h 20m
    Uber 9 prime world

I don't see why some people are having so much issues.

I can farm U9 and get a lust box in about 50 shadow boxes.

I had one that took about 70 boxes but other than that it's roughly about an hour per box.

I wonder if everyone is trying to stay in one world when trying to get all of them?

I always change after I get my box.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ13 View Post
    I don't see why some people are having so much issues. I can farm U9 and get a lust box in about 50 shadow boxes. I had one that took about 70 boxes but other than that it's roughly about an hour per box.
    An hour a box is the issue. It shouldn't take nearly six hours to farm the lust boxes. :/
    Woo, husband of AJo | Mastery: 500+ | President of Garden of Wool | Alpha - Knight Supporter

Is there any command to show how many boxes you have for the week?
    I think that would be a good QoL thing.

Since I am thinking I have 5 boxes but unsure and I don't want to spend more time than what I already have on it to get my last one unless I have all of them then I don't need too.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ13 View Post
    Is there any command to show how many boxes you have for the week?
    I think that would be a good QoL thing.

Since I am thinking I have 5 boxes but unsure and I don't want to spend more time than what I already have on it to get my last one unless I have all of them then I don't need too.
    I just keep them in my inventory until I am done for the day. This allows me to easily see how many that I have in the bag. I open them all at the end of the day.

If you put the first box in the R slot, then it shows on the hotbar R slot how many boxes you have collected. This is a workaround for what your asking, but it accomplishes the same thing without any programming changes.

9.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #89
    Quote Originally Posted by iAndy View Post
    We're looking into this issue but don't have a fix in place yet. If you're planning to renew Patron after the reset on Wednesdays I'd recommend doing it the day before (Patron runs consecutively so you won't miss any time) or the day after.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    Follow me on Twitter!

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

I got quite a frustrating farming session today with zero Lustrous after 2h 40 min.

Here are the details:
    • usually I got no Patron in use, but today I activated a bounded 1-Day-Patron pass while beeing inside my club
    • I entered Hub to refresh my additional chaos chest gain (which completed a club quest) and returned to club to accept this same quest again and head off to gem farming
    • Before i actually started gem farming, I started opening gem boxes in club, shortly after starting i did head to Hub to continue. This took about 1h.
    • After using a Portal in Club, I started to farm U9-Air with a friend. Rally blade was enabled, so people can teleport to me. The time I did spend there was 1h and 5 minutes
      • Side note in case it matters: I did hit 25k PR after a few minutes via augmentation and unlocked the corresponding badge
    • Hourly Challenge appeared, so I did enter U9 Prime world to gather Permafrost dungeons. I chilled (pun intended) and took my time without a bonus class. After 15 minutes I was finished
    • I continued in another U9 Air world for around 10 minutes
    • then I switched to U9 Fire world and farmed there for another 1h and 10 minutes till I stopped to break down numbers
    • So I did throw the towel after a total farming time of 2h and 40 minutes with about 150-170 dungeons per hour and filling 15 Legendary Tomes
    Additional things that should not have any effect here, but you never know....
    • Usually I have no problem getting about 1 Lustrous gem box per hour as non-patron and Usually I get about 1 Lustrous in a half hour with patron
    • On other previous Wednesdays I used Lunar Lancar as sub class. Today I used Pirate Captain as Subclass
    • All farming happened with Fae. Today, any other day and the days between, too.
    • Usually I only used Chronomancer Qubesly as my ally. Today I used the Hungry Hydrakken Hatchling, which just bumped me with its 55 MF over the 4k MF just today. To be exact: I was farming with 4037 Magic Find today while usually beeing below the 4k.
    • I had unusually many stellars today (which is, however, to be expected with higher mf)
    • I did not loot collect flux artefacts since they would stock up anyways
    • I did not restart the game after using the patron pass. However: I activated patron inside my club and I got the updated additional chaos chests after entering a new world
    • The whole time while farming I had a Lustrous Gem Box inside my inventory. This was dropped on another day and i permanently keep it in my inventory to always have a place where it can go as soon as an additional drops. I use this tactic always and previously I got Lustrous just fine.
    • In all the farming process, I did gather 360 Fire Gem Boxes, 344 Air Gem Boxes and 29 Shadow Gem Boxes
    • Before starting to farm I claimed to steal Chuck Norris' Lustous Gem boxes (just kidding kappa)

While writing this, I start to get the feeling, that Magic Find is anyhow responsible and causing some kind of bug where a stellar drop or magic find can replace a Lustrous drop. How things are right now, I just trashed a 1 day patron pass in terms of Lustrous. The use I got from that Patron Pass was that Karma Strike each 35 Gem Boxes...

It just feels like a bug. I hope my feedback can help in this matter.

+ Reply to Thread