+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Crystal Gear Feedback

Post Crystal Gear Feedback

I'd like to start off with the fact that we get a pearl refund on already made stellar gear is nice, but that's not what this is about.

I'm making this thread to talk about the invalidation and potential disasters of radiant and stellar gear. given that alot of players are currently in the midst of upgrading their gear to get to U9, this would lead to massive backlash over wasted resources.

I've come up with a few ways to mitigate this:
    • When a player hit 5,000 Power Rank, trigger a golden thread quest line that tell player to buy a set of crystal gear, and teaches them how to upgrade it.
    • Make the upgrading of crystal gear tie in to current radiant and stellar gear, perhaps you would need forged radiant and stellar souls, aswell as shaper's stars to add stars to crystal gear?

I'm including radiant gear in this due to it being a fairly expensive tier to go through especially early on, and players might be sinking resources into upgrading their rediant items by the time they get access to crystal gear, though the tie-in to radiant is not mandatory.

This is my own feedback, but i'd also like to invite everybody else to leave their own feedback on crystal gear in this thread, to hopefully centralize feedback in one place.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 107,873 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

I personally say 7500 PR but that's just down to the likeliness of someone of 5k PR not having a full set of stellars yet, so Radiants and Resplendent Gems, et cetera, I personally believe that the gap between U8 and U10 shouldn't be so easily jumped over. But that's just my thoughts on the matter o/

5th stat slot unlocks when a pearl is used, just like other gear

minor health, dmg, and mf bump, the other stats seem unchanged so far (jump, as, cd).

requiring souls and flux to forge those crystal items might go super expensive and stay there, as new [5K] players can't get their hands on those souls easily. By the time you're hitting u6 you're starved for better shadow2 drops as a new player, so it's very likely people just farm materials until they can afford stellars anyway so the cost of u8 stuff isn't a big deal. There's a lv 25 item requirement so there's still a market for (no/low level) stellars.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne View Post
    Stellar gear is worthless at this point in the MF game.
    They said they'd talk more about magic find at a later date.

Well, with the latest news from Dev Stream, Crystal Gear will be bough with flux from the Merchant ?(Considering it will stay like this up to release)

This is ridiculous the way they are thinking...

I feel like they should go back to the classic way to forge Stellar Gear to Crystal Gear (You would require Stellar Soul and the new required items they are planing for to craft to Crystal Gear)

I don't what where they are going for but it look messy for the moment... like the mistake misleading about Emp. Gem box.

Looking at their plans, we will need to loot collect our stellar (Getting back 2500 Flux, 1 Stellar Soul, 8 PoW) then buy a Crystal Gear and put all pearls on? This seems not logical for me.

There will be an increase of Stellar Soul to try to sink somewhere and a lot more stellar soul on the Marketplace for few months, lowering the price of Stellar soul.

Very disappointed in the way they're going with crystal, this is an endgame item/gear an I want it to be HARD to get, I don't want to be able to buy it for 10 flux.. even 10 stellars souls could be better.

Honestly I don't see why people hate time gated stuff. it makes things way more prestigious in my opinion like the dragon for divinity. That's the ONLY mount I kept on for over a week, I felt proud to have it knowing how long it took. Should crystal gear take months? No but at least make us grind for it but put a pretty penny price tag on it /: even if crystal is time gated it makes it seem prestigious an like I did something than buy it for 10 flux

There is 0 accomplishment to get crystal gear or even level it up if its ONLY use is to use it in u8-u10 of geo surface. I was ready for the grind to get crystal but now we're stuck with the same boring gem grind we already have. Nothing is new about this update but what we get every update ): costumes, mounts, dragons.

What's the point of the new gems if what they give only work in u10 (correct me if I'm wrong) if they don't give any phy/md they're going to throw off people Pr an fluff them so much. I I know they have yet to talk about it but it seems they're going to go that route where things on geo surface will only really benefit there.

7.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #7
    Senior Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    I'd like to start off with the fact that we get a pearl refund on already made stellar gear is nice, but that's not what this is about.

I'm making this thread to talk about the invalidation and potential disasters of radiant and stellar gear. given that alot of players are currently in the midst of upgrading their gear to get to U9, this would lead to massive backlash over wasted resources.

I've come up with a few ways to mitigate this:
    • When a player hit 5,000 Power Rank, trigger a golden thread quest line that tell player to buy a set of crystal gear, and teaches them how to upgrade it.
    • Make the upgrading of crystal gear tie in to current radiant and stellar gear, perhaps you would need forged radiant and stellar souls, aswell as shaper's stars to add stars to crystal gear?

I'm including radiant gear in this due to it being a fairly expensive tier to go through especially early on, and players might be sinking resources into upgrading their rediant items by the time they get access to crystal gear, though the tie-in to radiant is not mandatory.

This is my own feedback, but i'd also like to invite everybody else to leave their own feedback on crystal gear in this thread, to hopefully centralize feedback in one place.
    There's definitely more to say on this topic coming soon. We're definitely spacing out specifics over the coming weeks. A one time info dump can be good, but there's also something to be said for giving players info, hearing their initial thoughts, then filling out the picture a bit more, and so on. We think people will like what we have on the way but look forward to hearing from everyone once the details are fully revealed.

My only concern with crystal gear right now is that players could potentially just outright skip getting stellar gear and go straight to crystal. The amount of PR that gems give vastly outweighs that of gear, so I worry that people who have enough PR from gems will just enter Geode and get crystal gear without having to grind for stellars like the rest of us. I personally feel like they should make something that ensures players have stellar gear before they can get crystal.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

Taking another look I remembered someone elses concerns about the shadow adventurine items

I have those adventurine items here above
    Notice how their stats are also out of order? Someone please reply why 2nd stat reroll doesn't work right with these items, I think besides not being able to change stat1 (and stat3 doesn't change, no other stat in the pool?) there was another issue.

The Gun and Face happen to have (3) of the same stat pool.

Double checking http://trove.summerhaas.com/chaos-forge/ I noticed the Crystal hat has (2) of the same stat pool without a pearl, and same can be said about the crystal weapon. That could potentially mean no CD/AS/MS for hats and no CH/JP for weapons.

Personally, I liked THE OPTION of having a 3-stat-pool weapon if I didn't need CH or JP but now it may not be a choice, dev's you're gonna have to either fix your item generation from the vendors one way or the other so the chaos forge works and perhaps either fix the stat pool issue by making it conform to drops or making the 10flux items have RNG stat-pools (conform/nonconform gamble)

P.S. I think I posted about it first thinking you'd get the joke and fix those items -11-28-2017
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...adow-Soul-Sink

I assume the armor/puncture stats is the one that cannot be rerolled.

also, those 10 flux stellies are non upgraded, who knows how high/efficient they can get number Wise, pretty sure it will not be the same "spend 10k to upgrade a little" road.

if each star gives a noticeable increase, then we talk ^^
    Praise the sunflower !

+ Reply to Thread