+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can we talk for a minute about lustrous gem boxes?

1.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #101
    Senior Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by deldar75 View Post
    i don't know for how long the dev will keep looking in to this!!!!????? is it until everyone quit playing the game? or what is the deal here it is almost been two month and we did not see any improvement to this issue, all we get is that "We're looking into" for god sick do something.
    This is fixed in the Quality of Life patch. For now you'll want to avoid starting your Patron status on Wednesday if at all possible. If you activate Patron status on Tuesday then you shouldn't run into this issue anymore. Yup, that's a workaround but it's the best option available until the fix goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    This is fixed in the Quality of Life patch. For now you'll want to avoid starting your Patron status on Wednesday if at all possible. If you activate Patron status on Tuesday then you shouldn't run into this issue anymore. Yup, that's a workaround but it's the best option available until the fix goes live.

that is really great, but what about the dropping ration, because this what most and everyone complain about it, is that going to be fixed or changed any time soon, because people posting many solutions and ideas about it in this post.

3.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #103
    Senior Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by deldar75 View Post
    that is really great, but what about the dropping ration, because this what most and everyone complain about it, is that going to be fixed or changed any time soon, because people posting many solutions and ideas about it in this post.
    It should take Patrons basically the same amount of time to get 6 as it does non-Patrons to get 3. The amount of time it takes to get them is something the dev team is comfortable with. We want it to take some time to do. I will run it by them again to confirm we're still good with it as is.

Wait a second; what are you talking about?

The Hotfix that I was linking here
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...104#post803104
    is a thing that already happened to the live server previous this month, July.

Are you saying now that this fix did actually not work and that patron bug still exists?

How will the QoL update affect Lustrous Gem Boxes? I did not see any mentioning of Lustrous in the PTS notes. Or are you mixing things here?

Please clearify...

drop very slow and too many dust in this box
    next week after 2 hour just 1 i have ragequit farm gem ( im PP )
    with next update and contest its good for focus

I'm a little disappointed that the devs feel that three to six hours is a reasonable single-day play time to get the boxes. Many others expressed concern that this is geared toward the "power gamer" instead of the casual gamer. If I get home from work at 5pm I would then have to play until as early as 8pm or late as 11pm to get a few boxes that seem to only give the good loot 50% of the time. What about time for dinner, family, house chores, etc, etc. Yes - playing the game is voluntary be should the devs really be encouraging and forcing such an unbalanced model? We should not be expected to eat, sleep, and breath Trove in order to feel like we are successful in the game.

The Lustrous boxes should take no longer to get than a Legendary Tome takes to complete. I really like the idea another player had which is to utilize the "star bar" format for Lustrous boxes. The players would have a visual indicator of when a single box would drop and it would no longer be random and painful. If you know exactly how much work you need to put in to get something it's a little less horrible dealing with the length of time it takes to get. There are things that should be based on RNG but this IS NOT one of them.

I realize that the "Quality of Life" update is basically finalized but this needs to be changed. Add a Lustrous box drop bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercalifragilistic View Post
    I'm a little disappointed that the devs feel that three to six hours is a reasonable single-day play time to get the boxes. Many others expressed concern that this is geared toward the "power gamer" instead of the casual gamer. If I get home from work at 5pm I would then have to play until as early as 8pm or late as 11pm to get a few boxes that seem to only give the good loot 50% of the time. What about time for dinner, family, house chores, etc, etc. Yes - playing the game is voluntary be should the devs really be encouraging and forcing such an unbalanced model? We should not be expected to eat, sleep, and breath Trove in order to feel like we are successful in the game.

The Lustrous boxes should take no longer to get than a Legendary Tome takes to complete. I really like the idea another player had which is to utilize the "star bar" format for Lustrous boxes. The players would have a visual indicator of when a single box would drop and it would no longer be random and painful. If you know exactly how much work you need to put in to get something it's a little less horrible dealing with the length of time it takes to get. There are things that should be based on RNG but this IS NOT one of them.

I realize that the "Quality of Life" update is basically finalized but this needs to be changed. Add a Lustrous box drop bar!
    This is not RNG, it's artificially time gated where your drop rate increases as the time goes and goes back to zero when you drop one. It's not a fun mechanic and I just idle/run around between boxes because it sucks to farm them.

If I get home from work at 5pm I would then have to play until as early as 8pm or late as 11pm to get a few boxes that seem to only give the good loot 50% of the time.

Well, Fasti did reply previously in this topic that all boxes should usually drop in about 3-4h. This means a ratio of around 1 box per hour without patron and about 1 box per half hour with patron. So if you play Trove for around 2h on a day then you are supposed to get 2 boxes on that day. With patron, 4.

But it was mentioned before that there was (still is???) a bug that messes up with numbers.

It taking 5 hours isn't impossible, but should be very rare. The vast majority of players should get them all (Patron or not) in under 4 hours. 3 hours is the most common time investment. We're taking a look for bugs to see what is up for players who take longer than that. More than 5 hours should be impossible, but seeing the feedback here indicates something is likely amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by pFurini View Post
    This is not RNG, it's artificially time gated where your drop rate increases as the time goes and goes back to zero when you drop one. It's not a fun mechanic and I just idle/run around between boxes because it sucks to farm them.

Sorry. Wrong term used. I'd still like the process of getting the boxes to be locked into X dungeons completed or X experience gained because then the drop is specifically tied to X amount of work not a semi-random time window between 20-60 minutes per box. It may still take 3 hours, which I do think is an unreasonable time requirement, but with a drop indicator bar you'd at least see how close you are which should provide the encouragement to push through the suck. I still probably won't get all the boxes each Wednesday because I can't justify playing for so long when I have a family and other responsibilities.

If the janky time-gate system is kept then what I'd like to know is how to work with the system.

Can I grind a few dungeons then play Bomber Royale, fish, build, etc. for a hour then get back to dungeon farming and get a lustrous box within 5-10 minutes?
    Can I grind a few dungeons, log off for an hour, then login and grind a few more dungeons and get a box within 5-10 minutes?
    Can all boxes be gained in one world or does the world need to be changed after every box drop?
    Does changing worlds affect the timing on the next (or first) drop?
    Does the speed at which I grind dungeons matter?
    Does the possibility of a drop increase with the Uber level of the world?

Sorry. Wrong term used. I'd still like the process of getting the boxes to be locked into X dungeons completed or X experience gained because then the drop is specifically tied to X amount of work not a semi-random time window between 20-60 minutes per box. It may still take 3 hours, which I do think is an unreasonable time requirement, but with a drop indicator bar you'd at least see how close you are which should provide the encouragement to push through the suck. I still probably won't get all the boxes each Wednesday because I can't justify playing for so long when I have a family and other responsibilities.
    Yeah making it maybe 30 duns would be ideal, but I have no faith on them ever listening to this suggestion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast