Closed Thread

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback on Dev Q & A/Live Stream

Feedback on Dev Q & A/Live Stream

I really feel like the time is being wasted, last stream especially. The community put forth questions and it appeared that a large number of them were answered by someone on PAPER but these answers were never relayed back to the community. I feel like this is a regular occurrence and it frustrates me. Instead time is squandered on fan art that literally any one can go see at anytime over @ trovesaurus.com. Is this the best use of time when realistically we as a community only get this brief one hour stream to communicate with the people who can answer our questions?

Quote Originally Posted by dookie View Post
    The community put forth questions and it appeared that a large number of them we answered by someone on PAPER but these answers were never relayed back to the community.
    That's the point of the Dev Q & A thread on the forums. People ask questions there so that the devs have time to think about the answers. Because not all Trove devs are present on the live stream. The ones that are present may not know the answer to a certain question, so if questions wouldn't be asked in advance, they'd have to say "I don't know" a lot of times, or they may even give out wrong information.
    Now they have time to relay the questions to the appropriate person, get a correct answer, which will then be given to us in the live stream.
    I really like this concept.

i agree, we also only get like 5 answers out of the 50 questions each week.

It would be awesome with a big Q&A Thread after next patch, where all the devs would answer the questions they could or generally a Q&A thread each month.

But we will not get that, trionworlds and communication with the community is lacking.

I agree the streams and questions are a big waste of time as they are not being used for the propose stated at all.
    It's a fake front put up that something is being done actively when really 1 in 10 good questions get a response and only 5 min of a 45 stream is on anything people care about.

Consol has a dedicated dev post asking for what clubs to visit.. Great minus the fact the stream team had never been to any of them in 6 months.
    It's a fake we care feeling when you try and use these "features"

It's presents we care..... Not a real we care...

Now I'll be banned and blocked.... Read fast

This is what I was trying to say. Thank you for clarifying! I agree more time focused on actual questions and HOT posts in the forums.

it appeared that a large number of them were answered by someone on PAPER but these answers were never relayed back to the community.
    The questions were answered via the livestream though, those applicable anyway. Not sure if you are aware but I've been doing a recap every single week of the livestream on these forums. Each thread contains the Q&A segment for a secondary way of those answers being relayed to people so it isn't a case of 'never' being relayed.
    There's 2 ways to access the answers.

Not all questions can be answered though for obvious reasons, they cant spoil everything they work on, promise what could be coming then change and anger a large amount of people later for changing. Some things they just cant answer from their developer point of view or are being told not to.

Be mindful the livestream isn't just for Q&A and that the team communicate far more than other game companies do in my opinion.
    Ive never known such an open and friendly team who you can have a chat with or send funny videos.

The stream shows off different aspects of the game, things being worked on, things upcoming, some Q&A, fanart section. Its not aimed at all types of players and you can truly never please everyone.

You could always put forward a 'Ask me anything' forum based q&a. It was done once before, but again, not everything can and will be answered.

Hope any of that helps
    IGN: Shirokiri | Discord: Shirokiri#4720 | Community Superstar | Trove Livestream Recapper
    Mastery: 540+

I've looked for your posts many times for the recap.
    2 times out of 20 I've seen a recap

Not saying you don't do it! But just like the useless streams your recaps are useless if we can't find them.

I'm not sure if you get it. Your telling us we are wrong!! We clearly all have a problem with how things are being done. Instead of listen to what we say you try and convince us things are good.

They are not good at all.

Streams should be by 1-2 people focused on getting info out not a high school format of immature content.
    It's a awesome service not being used correctly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrettyOne View Post
    I've looked for your posts many times for the recap.
    2 times out of 20 I've seen a recap

Not saying you don't do it! But just like the useless streams your recaps are useless if we can't find them.
    Type in the search bar livestream notes its uploaded every friday, after stream, youll find them all there dating back to November 2016
    IGN: Shirokiri | Discord: Shirokiri#4720 | Community Superstar | Trove Livestream Recapper
    Mastery: 540+

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokiri View Post
    The questions were answered via the livestream though, those applicable anyway. Not sure if you are aware but I've been doing a recap every single week of the livestream on these forums. Each thread contains the Q&A segment for a secondary way of those answers being relayed to people so it isn't a case of 'never' being relayed.
    While I do appreciate and often read your posts, in this case you are incorrect. During the last stream they clearly state they are reading off a sheet of previously answered questions and they also state that they didn't have time to get through all if the questions. This is what is frustrating. Will those questions ever be addressed in the future now? Who knows...

10.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #10
    I really feel like the time is being wasted, last stream especially. The community put forth questions and it appeared that a large number of them were answered by someone on PAPER but these answers were never relayed back to the community. I feel like this is a regular occurrence and it frustrates me. Instead time is squandered on fan art that literally any one can go see at anytime over @ trovesaurus.com. Is this the best use of time when realistically we as a community only get this brief one hour stream to communicate with the people who can answer our questions?
    Thanks for the feedback. I've added the full list of questions/answers to Shiro's recap. Please check it out for all the questions we answered last week. I'll be doing that going forward as well. Since Shiro's thread is a recap of the livestream if you have more feedback for us on the livestream go ahead and post it there. We'll make adjustments where we feel appropriate.

Closed Thread