+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Livestream Notes 09/03/2018

Quote Originally Posted by LippyLapras View Post
    1. No, they're not. There's also no forcing you to buy credits, where did you ever get that idea?

2. That doesn't make any sense at all, what about the Knight vs. Neon Ninja? How does that make the revamp bad? Post a coherent response.

3. The Dracolyte was one of the worst classes in the game, now it's one of the best. Who cares if there's a meta? We've seen nothing but Gunslinger the past year now.

4. What do you mean "class types"? There's nothing wrong with playing the class you want to. It's only top end end game content where people care about what class you are, and that's to be expected of ANY game.
    -1. Of course they are not forcing you, just like fifty eight costumes in 'Chaos Core Crafter' for mastery points ( each 50,000 flux ). I assume, they have to please special individuals just because IT wants toxic green neon ninja costume, to fit his Neon Nightsky (wings). NO HONEST VOTE SYSTEM! level 30 costume
    -2. I bet, you are not play enough noobish battlegrounds. Short explain: "(new) Knight" does triple the amount of damage, squashing every slow/puny damage dealer. (rock, paper, scissors)
    -3. 'Now it's one of the best' and forward other classes be worse (endless circle for keeping your job).
    -4. Every class provide different type of element abilities, some are similar (Boomeranger/Pirate Captain) but different techniques.
    Wrong to be expected, that just group of people on their comfort zone and like every game, rushing is success for them.

Someone people are very confident, to bash the Gunslinger, but they don't check the level six battlegrounds!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokiri View Post
    What happened to Yabaki...?
    I've been a little out of the loop on this, but did they announce the winners at all? Were winners ever pulled?
    Mastery: 468
    Platform: PC
    Code for a free class coin for those under mastery lvl 20: M3MHWTGDR6FE667K9WJ2

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
    I've been a little out of the loop on this, but did they announce the winners at all? Were winners ever pulled?
    Winners were pulled but because of the legal parts of the sweepstakes the way they did it. They have to have responses from all the winners, and I would guess that after a specific period of time, if it was at all stated in the agreement, the one who hasnt responded could be re-rolled.

Til then, sadly its a waiting game.
    IGN: Shirokiri | Discord: Shirokiri#4720 | Community Superstar | Trove Livestream Recapper
    Mastery: 540+

Great. Now all my friends are gonna be maining dracolyte while i'm sitting here with Neon Ninja, Gunslinger, and Shadow hunter. Now they are gonna keep whispering me about how cool Dracolyte has become and I'm just sitting here like "/dnd"
    Proud member of.......Legalize Sunlight bulbs Mastery: 150+ PR: 30k+ Total from all classes that I have unlocked. Total friends: 400+

Type in /joinworld Legalize Sunlight bulbs in chatpod to come to the fantastic world and maybe Nina or Dirsa or Awwtism might give you a invite!

Under mastery rank 20? Be a pal and Refer-A-Friend me https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...experience=aaf

People are complaining about the devs actually doing their job and making classes useful like Draco?

The draco buff is really great for the game/community. Hopefully it'll break this trash GS meta.
    1 class balance every update sounds great, there are still so many classes that are legit almost completely useless in this game.

If your favorite class won't be used anymore, too bad, move on.

I'm still waiting for a release date, 20 or 27, but I tend to believe it's 27th.
    Also we don't know the prices for those dragon packs yet.

IGN : Arion4K | Leader of Laezaria

Quote Originally Posted by Arion4K View Post
    I'm still waiting for a release date, 20 or 27, but I tend to believe it's 27th.
    I sure hope it's at the latest the 27th. It's been a while since I've been around for a bigger patch and don't remember them saving the release date info till last minute before. Maybe that changed with the console releases and cert process though?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    Also question for people: does game optimization qualify as quality of life? they've been branding all these vfx culls and stuff as quality of life, but i don't really think it is. Would be nice if we got some actual quality of life instead, like those extended adventures or proper hourly challenge curation.
    Well, as someone using a fairly out of date system, I can safely say that for some of us, it is. Trove is such a resource hog that with all my video settings at minimum, It still takes 90% of my memory when I'm doing nothing. Also, this will be a freaking JOY for Shadow Tower. It can be really hard to see what DOTM is doing when you have 3 Gunslingers wailing on her with their ults. Yes, you can turn off all the VFX right now, but then you miss important things like are you standing in gas, or hey, did I accidentally get too close to that darn gun?

Also: I know someone who gets auras (that after-image you get from looking at bright light, but it doesn't go away for a much longer time and can take over your vision) from sudden bright flashes and such, so I KNOW they will be using this.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    I have no problem with level 30 costumes, it will help with MR. However I personally wouldn't expect much from a PvP revamp. It's been horribly unbalanced since day 1, facing issues with projectiles or falling to your death through the map and with terrible ping. The client still has crashes and memory leaks.
    I can understand being hesitant and I get that. Sometimes the devs make choices that are really weird. Like, putting in super rare fragments in a game that seems to lean heavily on grinding and seemingly not expect people to try to grind for it.
    Though, in all fairness, they did say those had been planned to be obtained randomly through regular play.

That said...
    (I'm combining two posts into this quote and using the - to indicate the second one. They otherwise have been unaltered)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotastic View Post
    1. They are just poor recycled costumes, form already exited better one - Regal Rebel (Gunslinger), Nightshade (Neon Ninja), Dark/White Boomeranger... and so on, forcing you to buy Credit Pouches from store or market.
    -1. Of course they are not forcing you, just like fifty eight costumes in 'Chaos Core Crafter' for mastery points ( each 50,000 flux ). I assume, they have to please special individuals just because IT wants toxic green neon ninja costume, to fit his Neon Nightsky (wings). NO HONEST VOTE SYSTEM! level 30 costume

2. Example "Knight" vs Neon Ninja (or Boomeranger, Lunar Lancer, Tomb Raiser, Gunslinger, Chloromancer, even Shadow Hunter).
    -2. I bet, you are not play enough noobish battlegrounds. Short explain: "(new) Knight" does triple the amount of damage, squashing every slow/puny damage dealer. (rock, paper, scissors)

3. It feel more of a meta, rather than balance (now go re-gemerator all your good gem for the recommended class).
    -3. 'Now it's one of the best' and forward other classes be worse (endless circle for keeping your job).

4. Bring the class types, not just the pro players (because playing your favorite class give motivation).
    -4. Every class provide different type of element abilities, some are similar (Boomeranger/Pirate Captain) but different techniques.
    -Wrong to be expected, that just group of people on their comfort zone and like every game, rushing is success for them.

Advising someone to earn money, not my interest!

-Someone people are very confident, to bash the Gunslinger, but they don't check the level six battlegrounds!
    1. I will admit I haven't seen the costumes, but honestly, those usually boil mostly down to taste. But when exactly have you been required to buy Credit pouches for those?
    -1. I'm about 99% sure you are wrong. Wait, you do realize almost 95% of the costumes and mounts in their game is player made, right? You seem to based on the "vote system" comment, but it's so disjointed I can't be sure.

2. & -2. Seriously, you and I both know the map and the skill of the player are a much larger factor here than you are making it out to be.

3. & -3 Okay, they made a change based on the meta. But, fun fact: Balancing classes is actualy really freaking HARD. Not because making perfectly even classes is hard, but that perfectly even classes are BORING. Especially in a game where you can change classes pretty much whenever you want. So let the classes be different and a bit off balance. I'm willing to bet that people are already figuring out a strategy around Knight as-is.

4. & -4 I think you just said there were not enough class types, then said there were.
    -You know they have to keep putting out content to keep people interested in the game, right? That game development isn't easy?

No comment.

-Probably because PvP is only 1/4 of this game at most and the Gunslinger over-shadows the rest of the classes in PvE for the most part?

Aren't gonna dive in to that argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion4K View Post
    People are complaining about the devs actually doing their job and making classes useful like Draco?

The draco buff is really great for the game/community. Hopefully it'll break this trash GS meta.
    1 class balance every update sounds great, there are still so many classes that are legit almost completely useless in this game.

If your favorite class won't be used anymore, too bad, move on.

Out with one "trash meta" and in with the next "trash meta". Personally, I prefer to just ignore this "meta" bs and play how I like. Glad to see Draco get some love, but I'll keep playing what I have since day one.

10.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #20
    As a way of making sure the full answers to questions asked each week are posted somewhere for review, I'm going to be posting the full responses in Shiro's thread each week. This way you'll have his awesome recap but also know where to look for everything that was on the papers used by the devs to answer questions.

If a question was in the thread for a given week but isn't addressed in this recap it means the dev team wasn't able to answer it. Sometimes we're just holding off on answering until we make an announcement, sometimes it'll be because the question has been recently answered, or sometimes we don't have an answer yet and want to consider it for a while.

To save time on formatting I'm posting the questions below with the answers as indented bullet points.

Unknown_Y
    Devs thought on current purple name and dark chaos vault reward system?
    • Both of these could use a revisit but are lower priorities in our current plans. Huge things are coming and we want to find a balance of updating older systems and adding all new ones. A ton of new stuff is coming in 2018 and the whole dev team is very focused on getting that out for you.

Good to have new pack for credit, but lack of gift option. Can non-steam client have a in game gift option for pack?
    • We don’t offer gifting currently due to the risk of fraud and the history of tradeable items in some packs.

Will Devs add more stash exclusive head style? Would like to see Mobs head style like Dragon Ogre, Sharken, Pirrot Lord etc.
    • Not in our plans, but we’re getting ready to support more user created content so maybe you’ll want to submit those

Will ST gets a rework? Like, change the layout by remove portal in between for a smoother and seamless run.
    • The portals exist due to the way our adventure worlds spin-up, and limitations around that. Shadow Towers will probably stick with the current technical setup.

What happened to Yabaki? Is it a on par mount vs Ganda? or there will be a mount that can rival Ganda?
    • Ganda is an undeniably cool mount that has reigned supreme for years. While Yabaki is cool, the only way he could compete for prestige would be through a similarly difficult acquire method like Trove of Wonders. We aren’t so sure that we want to do that again just yet, if ever.

Current only Dragon grant a bonus, any chance for costume grant bonus? (Like in traditional MMO, collect rare costume set in instances for a bonus stat increase)
    • Right now we’re conservative on the bonuses we give to everything in Trove just because we need a higher level cap or uber10+ (spoiler alert) to support those increases.

Dohep
    How much will the 2 new dragon packs be, also will they be via real world currency or credits? Also names DoH not do-hep thanx guys can’t wait for update!!
    • Our new packs will be in-line with the past Inora pack we’ve released. That puts them at a ~50.00 price point and on par with a Dragon Effigy. They’re attainable within a reasonable amount of time through purely in-game systems as well and that’s something we felt was very important. All the items in any pack for the Heroes update are craftable in some way. Purchasing the packs just makes it faster to unlock the items while also supporting the game and future development.

ImGuck
    Are we going to see U10 this Heros update? If not when?
    • Not with heroes, but we’re targeting this this year for the release of U10+ (likely Fall, possibly earlier). We’ve mentioned before that we don’t just want to scale everything up, we want U10+ to be a new experience with diverse gameplay, so we’re working on that and have been for the last couple months.

ForsakenHero
    After the inevitable backslash that will happen after the Vanguard goes live will you guys will consider lowering the mats to craft it?
    • While it may have seemed daunting on PTS, that was largely without use of the spotlight fixture, related equipped tomes, etc. Given these things we feel the crafting path is pretty viable. Note that none of the Vanguardian’s required resources are time gated. Sentience Shards can be obtained by crafting and throwing beacons and not just rampage challenges. Some feedback we’ve got in the past is that our players greatly disliked time gates or progress restrictions on crafting a thing. The Vanguardian’s recipe is essentially based on a players ability to farm plasmium and that resource is fully tradable on the Marketplace. It ensures that the new resources we’ve created will retain economic value for a longer than normal time.

Big Murk
    You guys said that in the update following heroes your going to take a look at all the characters and balance accordingly. How will this be implemented? Will we see new class gems to fix the flaws that the weaker characters have or will they be more along the lines of the previous buffs where the old class gem is buffed along with quality of life tweaks to the characters.
    • We’ll have more info on it when that time gets closer. To manage expectations, there are large updates planned after heroes for the rest of 2018. The combat evaluation pass will happen in one of those, likely the one that has new combat features as a headliner (yes, this will lead to a ton of questions. No, we won’t be giving more details just yet). Hang tight, very cool things will be revealed in the months ahead.

Everscream
    When will we be able to post fist styles for review on the Trove Creations subreddit?
    • Good chance we’ll be ready to review fist styles starting this summer!

Chronozilla
    I'd like to know your thoughts on extending club adventures, as with their current lenght, players need to change world twice every minute just to pick the quests back up, which is unbelieveably disruptive. how would you feel about making every quest 10 times longer, with 10 times the reward, and making the daily cap 10 times smaller to compensate? I've asked others about this but i wanted to hear your answer.
    • Chrono, thanks for the suggestion. We agree with the general concept that it might be a good idea for adventures to last longer, and give proportionately more reward. 10x is probably not the most appropriate value given the average play length of most Trove players. It would take more time to change than you’d think but we’ll keep it in mind for future adventures as we intend to continuously add more each update.

Tortorion
    Any plans to add more classes in 2018 that will use claw / spear / bow?
    • Plans to add more classes? Absolutely (but we don’t want to lock in a specific timeframe just yet). The weapons they use will be based on their kit/concept, with an emphasis on underused weapons.
    Any plans to add a crafting queue?
    • Not at this time.

Deleted101
    When are we gonna see Stellar Banners?
    • Never say never, but probably never.
    How long untill we see new fish? new fishing rods?
    • Not for a while~
    Will we ever get any new flasks?
    • If it makes sense to do so!

Thorvik
    With the new invasion tossed into the hourly challenge time slot, will you still be able to get Dragon Coins during the new big boss invasion?
    • Rampage Alerts don’t give Dragon Coins as a reward, but they don’t spawn nearly as much as the other hourly challenges that do.

If you can't get Dragon coins from this type of hourly event, will there be some other way added to make up for this decrease in the amount of dragon coins that are possible to farm?
    • We’ll evaluate the results of these changes, and also compare against how many new dragon coins are being used on Luxion rewards. If we see a huge squeeze on the amount of dragon coins in the world, and the rate they can be earned, we’ll add a new distribution method. Boot dragon adventures!!!!! JK. Or are we?
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    Follow me on Twitter!

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

+ Reply to Thread