+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marketplace Feature REALLY NEEDED!

Lightbulb Marketplace Feature REALLY NEEDED!

There needs to be a single sell slot out of the 18 available, either through purchase or crafting, that can be converted to a multi-batch auto seller slot.

The way it would work is you would put many items into the slot, say steed feed or formicite or whatever. Then there would be the usual price and price per item entry. The difference would be that a new entry box for this special sell slot would be available for batch size. So, if you put 3000 formicite in at a price of 3 flux per unit and a batch size of 150, the slot would post 1 batch of 150 for a total of 450 flux. If that item sells, the system would automatically put the flux into your inventory and place another batch of 150 formicite into the market at a price of 450 flux. This would continue until there isn't enough formicite left to make a batch of 150 and would await the user to take the remainder out of the slot, in this case it would be an even 20 batches with no remainder though.

Just having 1 slot available to each player that does this would greatly improve price stability, availability of needed resources for new players, and money velocity, in this case flux velocity, in the game and would boost the Trove economy by allowing all newer users access to needed resources at a cheaper price in smaller batches which would probably keep them playing instead of getting frustrated and leaving unnecessarily.

The minimum total price for any batch would be 250 flux for this slot to ensure spamming is only a short-lived occurrance when it does happen because those cheap batches will be bought but not at a ridiculously low rate like 1 flux for a single glim, 3 flux for a single formicite, etc.

Also, optimal batch sizes will eventually work their way into each item. For example, take Glim. If someone puts an auto-batch order of 300 glim up for 250 flux, it will most likely be skipped for a batch of 3000 glim at 2500 flux since it is used in higher quantities than say, infinium. Now take infinium as the example. Many might just want 50 infinium as the most desired quantity. Well, if you just want 50, you have to be willing to pay 5 flux each for the convenience of not having to sell the extra because the minimum order price per batch is 250 flux for the auto-seller. In general, larger batches will still tend to be towards the lowest price because if they are too small for that particular item, people will just buy a larger batch at the same price but, each item will have a unique optimal batch size-to-price distribution curve based on how it is used in the game. There are already crude distribution curves but they are currently not fine-grained and are also subjected to wildly-swinging center-of-gravity fluctuations. If introduced, this kind of selling feature would put resistance on price fluctuations so that, while they are still able to drift, the rate of drift would be much less than the ridiculous fluctuations going on now. When it comes to mounts and other singular items, there will be price wars and, after a couple months, the prices will find a nice solid small range that they sell at. Price stability will more equal a true supply and demand free market.

This price stability will also help developers to tweak the drop rates more successfully because they can observe an already-stable price for any item or resource, slightly tweak its drop rate, observe the new price after it stabilizes at a new level, and then extrapolate the exact drop rate required to drive a price to wherever is desired to fit the current mathematical models for production and consumption parameters.

What does everyone think? Developers?

Right now during the reroll event is a prime example of why this is needed! Look at Tentacles in the marketplace. If auto-relisting of items had a 3 to 5 minute delay, the current situation wouldn't be possible.

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar
    This actually seems like a really good idea!
    My best ideas: New Lucky Chest and Personal Lobby System
    Follow me on PlayStation Network! My username is Benji_Yokai.
    Owner of I Wanna Be The BUILDERS club!
    Under Mastery Rank 20? Refer me! Use this code or click on the link!
    KWMJPWNKHTDG73WKCLHE
    https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...=ascend_invite

The value I would personally place on this feature would be $30 real money or 1.5 million flux. If it were implemented, whatever values are placed on it to unlock should be available in both real-world and in-game currency so players could choose either route.

Then trove would be a money making game if real money was a currency. But, if you make a thing to convert the money, say 10$ = 500k. that means you have to make your own packs (such as a mount pack or a tome pack or anything that you disire.) However the packs need to be worth 500k, not just a few old boots.
    Proud member of.......Legalize Sunlight bulbs Mastery: 150+ PR: 30k+ Total from all classes that I have unlocked. Total friends: 400+

Type in /joinworld Legalize Sunlight bulbs in chatpod to come to the fantastic world and maybe Nina or Dirsa or Awwtism might give you a invite!

Under mastery rank 20? Be a pal and Refer-A-Friend me https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...experience=aaf

I think you misunderstood my post. I was speaking about what I would be willing to give, as a one-time payment to the game in either currency, to unlock the feature described in the initial thread post if it were to exist. No conversion of one currency to another or making your own mount pack to sell for real money. That is completely off-topic and probably not even legal.

Quote Originally Posted by qpotential View Post
    I think you misunderstood my post. I was speaking about what I would be willing to give, as a one-time payment to the game in either currency, to unlock the feature described in the initial thread post if it were to exist. No conversion of one currency to another or making your own mount pack to sell for real money. That is completely off-topic and probably not even legal.
    I mus have misunderstood then
    Proud member of.......Legalize Sunlight bulbs Mastery: 150+ PR: 30k+ Total from all classes that I have unlocked. Total friends: 400+

Type in /joinworld Legalize Sunlight bulbs in chatpod to come to the fantastic world and maybe Nina or Dirsa or Awwtism might give you a invite!

Under mastery rank 20? Be a pal and Refer-A-Friend me https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...experience=aaf

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qpotential View Post
    Bump.........
    Bruh... Isnít this against Forum Rules?
    My best ideas: New Lucky Chest and Personal Lobby System
    Follow me on PlayStation Network! My username is Benji_Yokai.
    Owner of I Wanna Be The BUILDERS club!
    Under Mastery Rank 20? Refer me! Use this code or click on the link!
    KWMJPWNKHTDG73WKCLHE
    https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...=ascend_invite

Edited it. Yep. #12. I didn't remember since I read it so long ago. Good catch.

+ Reply to Thread