Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Extremely expensive crafting costs

Extremely expensive crafting costs

I did some calculations and discovered that the plasmium costs for the new update are absolutely ridiculous. The total plasmium cost for everything in the resistor workbench is a whopping 336575 plasmium, if I calculated it correctly. I have presumed a plasmium collecting rate of 500 per hour if you're REALLY serious about it, which would mean you need 28 days (or 673 hours) of constant grinding to get everything.

Of course, plasmium isn't the only material you need, and I can't be bothered to figure out the other material costs, but it gets ridiculous. I did, however, count up the sentience shards, which you need 610 of, so if you gained 3 sentience shards a day from bosses + 1.4 from the weekly tome you can craft, you would also need about 139 days to get all the sentience shards needed for everything. Also, to get 3 shards a day, you would need to spend even more plasmium on building lures.

This is already an absurd amount of stuff, but if you top that with the fact that it can only be obtained in a single biome, which people will inevitably flock to when the update hits, it's going to become incredibly difficult to make anything at all in the new update. Either the costs need to be adjusted and far lower, or the rate that plasmium drops at needs to be far increased.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

Yeah,it's ridiculous..

The plasmium cost for the class is 24.3k. Plasmium drops at about 1 per 4 mobs(25%) rate. That's 97,2k enemies killed JUST to get the class,I'm not even talking about leveling up the class or gearing it up yet..

The numbers need to be reduced drastically
    Proud member of Radiant Utopia and Krieger Des Lichts
    IGN: Unknown_Trovian

Yes, it's extremely daunting. I don't think they want everything to be quickly and easily obtained, which is understandable, but it's also not realistic. Trove's player base is accustomed to grinding and that's what everyone ends up doing. The same pattern tends to play out with new content: things are expensive and difficult for the first wave of motivated/rich players, then they make things easier and cheaper for everyone else a little while later.

I'm pretty sure they made it crazy grindy just so you'd give up and buy it from the store.
    Woo, husband of AJo | Mastery: 570+ | President of Garden of Wool | Alpha - Knight Supporter

It's the way trove is nowadays since porting to china and releasing the gem update unfortunately. The only reason the club update wasn't so bad is because people could cheese it.

Don't for get challenge caches and greater caches (for credits!). Then there's the fixture that increases the drop rate.

I'm a crazy grindy guy, so i will farm 97.7k enemys for the vanguardian, unlike you guys, which will Buy it instead of Grind it, well maybe some of you will grind it, but I'm the only one who will Crazy Grind the plasmium.
    Proud member of.......Legalize Sunlight bulbs Mastery: 150+ PR: 30k+ Total from all classes that I have unlocked. Total friends: 400+

Type in /joinworld Legalize Sunlight bulbs in chatpod to come to the fantastic world and maybe Nina or Dirsa or Awwtism might give you a invite!

Under mastery rank 20? Be a pal and Refer-A-Friend me https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...experience=aaf

Quote Originally Posted by Rikter101 View Post
    I'm a crazy grindy guy, so i will farm 97.7k enemys for the vanguardian, unlike you guys, which will Buy it instead of Grind it, well maybe some of you will grind it, but I'm the only one who will Crazy Grind the plasmium.
    I won't buy it, I'll just ignore it. If they don't change the crafting costs, I can't see myself really bothering with the update.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

They really need to check these values. Plasmium needed for everything is way too much. I was calculating all mats to craft the class and getting 60 Sentience Shards to craft it is going to take a LOT of time. You can craft the sentience shard tome, and get 5 of those a week, from rampage alerts, from greater neon caches (credit only) and from (throwing only?) beacons?
    I can see people complaining already when this update is released.
    IGN: Talita
    Leader of "The Trovians" and "Gamesguts Brasil"
    Trove Brasil admin

I agree, the crafting costs seem rather astronomical. However, one thing you said was incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerDj View Post
    so if you gained 3 sentience shards a day from bosses + 1.4 from the weekly tome you can craft
    I looked at the tomes on the workbench, but from what I can see, They are NOT legendary tomes, they are regular tomes. You can fill them up as much as you want. That makes the situation better, but it still seems quite extreme.
    To modify Christina Perri's Jar of Hearts, "My arteries explode from the salt inside my soul, so cut the RNG, before it ruins me."