+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Costume] Necgrowmancer <Chloromancer Costume>

[Costume] Necgrowmancer <Chloromancer Costume>

Plant life was too boring for the Chloromancer... so it got into more sinister stuff!
    BEHOLD
    The Necgrowmancer

Yes, that is a tombstone on its back (Refer to edit section)

Gatling Plants (Class gem plant is modded )

Healing Bulb

And then the Spinner Lasher~

Download link can be found here below:https://trovesaurus.com/mod=5808/necgrowmancer

Link to the rest of my (current) mods for the contest can be found here: http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...Dragons!/page2

2-15-2018 Edit: The following changes were made;
    -Modifications to several parts of the costume such as;
    >Tomb Stone collar (Grass and dirt removed)
    >Both skull wings slightly tweaked
    >Right shoulder pad adjusted to be less bulky
    >Front torso slightly retextured
    >Both sides of the lower robes were slightly retextured and modified
    >Both ribbons were modified to be more unique
    -All plants now have exact same skull sizes in addition to glowing eyes
    -Screen shots featuring the Healing Bulb and Gatling Plant were updated to match the costume changes
    -Leafy Lasher arms were changed to look more like bones
    -Fixed a glass issue on left hand
    -The bottom section of the costume robes were adjusted in addition to a few design modifications.

Looks nice! I like the idea behind it, I can appreciate the irony of it being related to death when Chloromancer is the opposite with its lively plant theme. However, I think you could benefit from a bit of simplification, thereís a lot going on in terms of color placement. I mean that in the sense that I just now realized that you recolored a lot of this from Crystal Cultivator. Donít feel restricted to the shape of the original costume, we would much rather see your unique work from you. You have a really nice color scheme going on, but thatís, for the most part, all you have going for it in terms of originality on the actual costume. So, all I can really comment on is everything above the neck. I like the idea of putting skulls on the wings, but that extra voxel on top of them is rather odd. Additionally, the tombstone on the back is nice, but I personally feel off about the grass, the green doesnít match the rest of the scheme, so perhaps you could just use dirt only on the bottom instead.

As for the plants, Iím glad you went with an original design for them. However, I feel there should be some consistency with the head shapes, Iím not sure why the Lasher and Pollinator have square heads, but the Gatling has a round one. Iíd suggest you keep them all square, since youíre going for a more Tomb Raiser look, seemingly. The Lasherís arms are a bit odd as well, they have a sort of chain-like shape. You should have a look at Grave Goliathís arm for that, as itís a little more accurate in replicating an actual arm (image below). Lastly, the black underneath the skulls throws me off, it gives them a sense of unrealistic shading. You might want to reference Tomb Raiser again for that, the minions only have a slightly darker shade of the bones in the mouth rather than pure black, as it comes off as if theyíre clenched teeth (image below).

Again, I really hope you take into consideration that we want to see you for your work, so I highly recommend you try and vary the body shape from Cultivatorís. If you plan on doing so, Iíd also add on that you should even out the light grey armor on the front more, itís rather odd when you make a large line of the same color down the focal point of the costume. Either way, this is a nice idea, which is why I really would like to see more originality and creativity with the shape of the actual costume. I hope you try to define yourself as an individual modder with your own unique style in the future. You have a lot of potential, use it to the best of your ability!

Good job overall, I hope to see more updates on this!

@TechoShyft,

I appreciatethe criticism! Now tbat you mention it, i didnt notice thst i recolored as much you pointed it out. I be working and changing this later today. As for skull and bones issues, i once again look into same size skulls for less inconsistency. The black parts on the skulls were used to simulate holes in the head, to indicate past trauna (work with me on that lol). As for the lasher arms, i will definitely be trying a more goliath like feel to them to help give off the impression his arms are actually bone.

Thank you for the criticism, hopefully version 2 will look more unique.

Any more criticism will help!

Mod update.

-Modifications to several parts of the costume such as;
    >Tomb Stone collar (Grass and dirt removed)
    >Both skull wings slightly tweaked
    >Right shoulder pad adjusted to be less bulky
    >Front torso slightly retextured
    >Both sides of the lower robes were slightly retextured and modified
    >Both ribbons were modified to be more unique
    -All plants now have exact same skull sizes in addition to glowing eyes
    -Screen shots featuring the Healing Bulb and Gatling Plant were updated to match the costume changes
    -Leafy Lasher arms were changed to look more like bones
    -Fixed a glass issue on left hand
    -The bottom section of the costume robes were adjusted in addition to a few design modifications.

This looks awesome WhyFI. The only thing I suggest you change the small blue eyes at the bottom, to match everything else. They look off being a different color.
    IGN : DrNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by Twixler View Post
    Hey guys!! I did a map pull today and will be testing/looking at them over the next week or so. If I accept your map you will hear from me by the end of January(the latest).
    If I do not contact you by then and you are curious about your map, please DM me here on the forums and I can give some feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNinja View Post
    This looks awesome WhyFI. The only thing I suggest you change the small blue eyes at the bottom, to match everything else. They look off being a different color.
    Yea, I've been thinking so too. Will be updated later today.

Edit: Updated the mod

-Healing bulb base eyes are now red.
    -Slight re-texture and shading done to skulls (@SkyRider3217 Thank you for pointing that out <3)

Looks good but my only concern about this is the plants. The way you shaded the bones looks very noisy, especially on the head from what I can see. You might want to simplify the shading a bit.
    My Refer-A-Friend Code: 23N6-7PZL-K992-LPH7-HHX9

+ Reply to Thread