+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Valentines Pinata Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by PowerDj View Post
    Kinda agree with this. I feel like, at this point, people are expecting a bit too much of Trove, and I did that in the past so I'm not saying I'm not part of it. Every free game needs to have some kind of way to get money out of you, and you can't just expect everything to be free. On top of that, unless you just REALLY like the look of the items, an extra 126 mastery points really isn't much (especially now that the leaderboards are reworked!) Also, as people have stated already, you can get these items for free if you work hard enough. Trion was at least kind enough to make the items tradeable, so yes, anyone can get them.
    Yeas, you are right. as Trove is a free to play game they want to introduce methods into the game to make you spend cash on it. I'm not agaist that if it is done right. These Pintas are time limited and they will be cheapest to get them now before they skyrocket in price as they will then be unavailable. If you want these items now and you have the flux, no problem. If you don't have teh flux to buy what you want now you are forced to spend real money to get these items now before they go up to some stupid amount of flux.

The "its just 126 mastery" isn't a valid augment, as mastery points, however few it is, are a core game play element. You get more PR the more mastery ranks you have, alot of clubs have mastery level requirements, you might be going for Yellow name and those points could mean all the difference.

Trion Worlds is banking on this and that there are a lot of people who do want to collect everything, so that they can walk all the way to the bank with all the money. It is a very exploitative business practice.

If they can do something, like what has been suggest, it would help change peoples opinion on how they perform business.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibita View Post
    I love how some people is jumping the rage wagon of 126 mastery points worth of tradable skins that only effects the top 10 mastery. Wut?!?
    You are missing the bigger picture of why there are so many upset people. Not only does this effect mastery but power rank as well. It's bad enough that the same small group of people continue to monopolize the class contests and get all the Dark Chaos Chests but adding more things that cause this divide locks them in even tighter. Next it will begin to affect the speed run community because mastery is directly tied to damage now. This path of pay-to-progress is a slippery slope that is not good for the game's longevity or the community.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    You are missing the bigger picture of why there are so many upset people. Not only does this effect mastery but power rank as well. It's bad enough that the same small group of people continue to monopolize the class contests and get all the Dark Chaos Chests but adding more things that cause this divide locks them in even tighter. Next it will begin to affect the speed run community because mastery is directly tied to damage now. This path of pay-to-progress is a slippery slope that is not good for the game's longevity or the community.
    Well, that makes sense. Thanks for clarify!

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    This is more of a problem with contests, and how they continue to read the same number they read last week for every rotation, allowing the same people to win every time. Also, the benefits of getting a single mastery level are measly. 0.15% damage and 2 PR is unlikely to create a ginormous divide. On top of that, 126 mastery won't even be a full level at higher mastery ranks, so the majority of people won't even get those tiny benefits.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

Summers preety on point, it’s not only the top 10 complaint about “only 126 mr” it effects everyone who’s trying to progress, this is 126mr but it would be fun to see it in the bigger number - every exclusive pack that’s been $$ added together to see what’s impossible to reach as a free to play.

Quote Originally Posted by suggarrhighh View Post
    Summers preety on point, it’s not only the top 10 complaint about “only 126 mr” it effects everyone who’s trying to progress, this is 126mr but it would be fun to see it in the bigger number - every exclusive pack that’s been $$ added together to see what’s impossible to reach as a free to play.
    This stuff technically isn't even exclusive. Not only are the items tradeable, but you can also share any pinatas you throw, so people who didn't buy them get a chance at the reward.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

Just to correct everyone, it's not 126 it's 176.

6x styles + 10 for head, + 50 for mount + 100 for wings + 10 for ally.

And they said that they don't want people to go for 100% completionist because it won't affect them, it'll only be for them "OCD" people. (just for collectors)
    Meanwhile they unlock mastery and mastery = damage and damage = the point of the game for a lot of people? WaitWhat
    Also mastery = power rank which equals to contests which equals to rewards. Nice.

Since everything is tradable, doesn't even matter if it's p2w, the noob whales can make big flux right now from the poor end-game players which have flux, but no cash.

If the items would've been untradable, well that would've been outrageous.

IGN : Arion4K | Leader of Laezaria

I used to be in the top 10 mastery before the adventure update, but I will probably drop to rank 70 soon. Everything in the store is overpriced and appears to be marketed to the rich or the people trying to collect everything and remain at the top. I could buy a really good game for the cost of the new pack. However, store items have always been overpriced, and I was able to afford so much because of making smart decisions with the market and gameplay. If I had not been playing the game every day for so long, I would've been at a much larger disadvantage. At this point, I'm only collecting daily cubits, legendary tomes, weekly st, and doing new events.
    IGN: Architect
    Referral Code: YNCGF39PMZK2N6HZPJCQ

Quote Originally Posted by Arion4K View Post
    JJust to correct everyone, it's not 126 it's 176.

6x styles + 10 for head, + 50 for mount + 100 for wings + 10 for ally.
    And thanks for correction, Arion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion4K View Post
    J
    If the items would've been untradable, well that would've been outrageous.
    Yet I did not see any protest from "poor end game players" the last few "cash only" packs with all untradable items. But somehow they run out of cash this time, I guess Valentine drains people's wallets quite a bit.

While I totally think Chronozilla's request for those items available on Luxion reasonable, just like what they did which other exclusive/event items in previous years. Yes, the new pin's price is, of course, steeper than others. And yes, it could set a bad trend, probably.

However, I think people here are just overreacting way too much. Folks are making it like it is going to hurt all players in the game, which is not. Reality check. How many people in speed run community actually? A couple hundreds? Who are competing for top mastery? About 100?

Will everyone, who does not have those 176 mastery points, get screwed and cannot progress in game at all, no club, no u 9, no ultra mode, etc? Nope, there are so many other stuffs for majority players to collect. 176 points is way less meaningful for the majority than for the minority of elites in the game.

If these items are untradable, it would make more sense for folks to act like the end-time day. But hey, they are actually tradable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibita View Post
    And thanks for correction, Arion.

Yet I did not see any protest from "poor end game players" the last few "cash only" packs with all untradable items. But somehow they run out of cash this time, I guess Valentine drains people's wallets quite a bit.

While I totally think Chronozilla's request for those items available on Luxion reasonable, just like what they did which other exclusive/event items in previous years. Yes, the new pin's price is, of course, steeper than others. And yes, it could set a bad trend, probably.

However, I think people here are just overreacting way too much. Folks are making it like it is going to hurt all players in the game, which is not. Reality check. How many people in speed run community actually? A couple hundreds? Who are competing for top mastery? About 100?

Will everyone, who does not have those 176 mastery points, get screwed and cannot progress in game at all, no club, no u 9, no ultra mode, etc? Nope, there are so many other stuffs for majority players to collect. 176 points is way less meaningful for the majority than for the minority of elites in the game.

If these items are untradable, it would make more sense for folks to act like the end-time day. But hey, they are actually tradable.
    Just because a problem is small, doesn't make it not a problem. If people don't complain about the little problems, those problems run the risk of becoming "accepted" and will never be resolved. Please go back and do the math. It's 176 Mastery worth of items in this batch. What about the previous batches in packs? What about future things (like the immediate future of St Qubricks pinatas)?

+ Reply to Thread