+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Valentines Pinata Feedback

Why does people tend to look at present and not the impact it will does to the future.
    If such pattern does continue for several times, can everyone still overlook it?

Lets compare.
    Valentine pack ( 1 wing + 1 mount +1 ally + 6 style + 5 HAP + 5 Romancing pin ) at 19.9
    vs
    Romancing pinatas 5 for 750 credits and 50 for 6500 credits.

Now the question is, which will profit more in long run.

My experience with the pinatas... So I'm not rich but I under stand the point of adding things in the game to make money because as stated in many previous posts "that's how we(trion) pay the bills.

It is understandable that you will have to pay for thing but this is a seasonal event which means things will only be around for the reason. Its kinda annoying when you realize that the trove devs understand this and hike up the prices on something they know people would want. When there is no other ways to get the romance pinatas except for spending actual currency then that kinda kills the spirit. " Everything interesting about the holidays is behind a pay wall".

Now I get the whole "well they are tradeable and you can have up to 7 people get them". I am a free to play player and I spend money occasionally for things I want. But I literally can't afford things because my RNG is horrible and I am unable to profit in the market most of the time because I don't get any thing that is good to sell due to RNG. So I grind other things like mats which make good flux sometes but then that sinks into gems which is fine no complaints here. But the market itself for these " event items" is to steep in flux for the average player who has school and work and it makes the game kinda frustrating for those looking for an escape.

To the point.. I spent 20 dollars on 20 pinatas and I opened them with friends and literally I was the only one who got anything from the event and it was styles and they were dupes. I got 4 total items from 20 pinatas and 3 of them were dupes. No one else got anything and I verified this for two out of 4 other people because I live with them. So that is the part that's frustrating because RNG IS RNG so its random. Anyway pretty expensive LONG POST sorry. Solution definitely put some in the lovebug chests or luxion so there is a chance.

I talked to someone who actually got the wings and he said it took him 200 pinatas, oh the loyalty. But yikes thats a 160$ for the item everyone wants... Yeesh

Had a similar experience to what Herbalmancer had, and my biggest issue is that its expensive rng that only a few can afford to hurdle over and get to the finish line. If I am being asked to spend that much to participate, then I expect something better than the same awful rng in return. I spent a modest amount and got nothing from a club pin party, as did most at the party. Our club leader later said he was involved in at least 200 pins thrown and only had 2 gun styles to show for it. I have no idea how many he personally threw or how many pin parties he was involved in later, but i am reasonably sure someone did or would eventually take care of him and get him some items. For me though that was it, event over. I drank fizzy lifting drink and get nothing!

I somewhat enjoyed the rest of the event for what it was, but after getting over 20 bashful Lovebugs and having no styles or wings in the loot pool for the skittering heart boxes...it just felt like something was missing (the block dragon eggs were a nice addition for new players, but for most of us thats a dragon we have crafted long ago). The actual event didn't match the dev stream hype, and I expect that only a small percentage of players actually experienced what was hyped due to the items only being in the pinatas. I guess when new pinatas were mentioned I expected it to be like the Celebratory event, where everyone gets to participate.

I'm not really looking forward to the St Quebsly event at all.

This ties directly into the whole loot box controversy (potentially being debated/voted into law in several states). Pinatas are cute loot boxes, but still loot boxes all the same; the chance to win isn't being disclosed.

Trion should have given these out as daily freebies and also put the rewards into a store pack for those of us who are RNG lacking.
    Woo, husband of AJo | Mastery: 500+ | President of Garden of Wool | Alpha - Knight Supporter

I would be fine with these pins if they were obtainable in any other way, even if it was 1 pinata as a rare drop from skittering boxes.

I pay for patron as my way of supporting the game, but I can't support this type of over-priced paid random loot boxes.

As for those of you who say they have bought 200 and got everything, well good for you, but most of us can't afford to spend that kind of money on a game, but even if we could, we might just get unlucky and not get everything and have to spend even more, this randomness is unfair by design to try to entice people to keep purchasing and it's just wrong.

Buying these pinatas was a pretty expensive way to get 2 mounts and 2 pin heads. 100% would not recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by kanamit View Post
    I'm not really looking forward to the St Quebsly event at all.
    Yeah I'm dreading it. I don't care for mastery outside of how it affects the class contest. Forced to keep up for now, but at some point I'm going to be over the whole thing.

My experience and thoughts on the V-day pinatas.
    I spent $50 because heck why not, I play Trove enough that I feel justified on throwing some cash towards the game in addition to the patron I spend on monthly and many other packs that have been released over time. (Actually its actually $38 worth of credits if you buy a $50 pack, as you will still have some credits left over, but you cannot spend any less to get the 6500 credits you need to spend on the 50 pack of pinatas)

$38 for 50 pinatas. For this kind of cost, players should get a lot of value, right?
    Because every time a pinata is thrown, think 76 cents had been spent.

For my $50 here is the value I received:
    I got (about) 15 styles (minimum one of every kind), 5 pin heads, and 4 pinata mounts. 0 wings, 0 allies (and some extra credits to toss around later).
    Other 7 players around me got 2-3 styles each and only a few players got a single pin head (sure, while the 7 other players did not spend money, it felt pretty cheap for them to get so few items for the cash I spent).

Now lets compare this to various other packs where you can spend $10, $20, or even $30 dollars and get guaranteed mounts, styles, wings, etc. You know exactly what you will get for the cash you spend, which is a heck of a lot more than what the valentines day pinata pack provided.

How is it possible that spending less money yields many more items, as compared to the huge cost of pinatas, where chances are, you WONT get the new items.

Credit pouches are around 80k each, so that $50 dollars could have been used much more effectively to purchase flux pouches to have been sold and then bought every valentines day item from the player market (and had spare flux left over). $20 = 12 cred pouches X 80k flux each = 960k. Wings = 1mil, ally = 70k, mount = 110k, styles/pin head =? So spending 40 bucks on credits would be 1.92 million - 740k left over to get the styles and pin head.
    Shame on me for spending $50 to get the pinata pack, instead of the $40 to get every item and just not throw pinatas with friends.

On top of that, I am curious to see if the trend continues, where players will get half off 'event items' just before retiring the pinatas for the year. I have been getting pretty tired of spending cash early on, only to get burned shortly after because they go on sale for 50% off.

I should just simply wait to buy anything (or just spend the flux on new collectibles). Guess it rests on my shoulders, as I notice that I should simply wait and spend less money when they go on sale. I find myself in a very tough spot to encourage players to spend money on items like this, only to have them mad at me when they go on sale not even a week after event items are released.

Anybody who says 'you don't need to collect everything in game' is relying on nothing more than a "cop out". In a game where collecting items is a major focus of the game itself, means that whenever we hear 'you don't need everything', we hear a simple dismissive tactic that is non-responsive. It is the same as stating 'because we like it this way'.

The main goal of most players (especially, you know, the core supporters of the game who I have played with for the past few years I have been playing) is to collect everything along the way while working towards power ranks, and in general having fun.

And again, using player made creations for items that are difficult to get means that those players can sell codes for millions of flux. I am not saying that all creators do this (nor bashing creators for earning tens of millions of flux easily). However, even if HALF of the codes were given away for free, what is 1 million flux (or insert the asking price) times the number of codes sold? This is a repeat for dragon fragments that 'drop'. I wonder how much flux was made on selling of creator codes. (creators, feel free to chime in).
    Perhaps it is time to put an expiration date on creator codes?

Anyhow, I hope that things like this get reviewed long and hard.
    The quests and events were a lot of fun.
    Throwing the new pinatas were fun.
    The feeling that I threw $50 worth of pinatas down and had fun with friends, awesome.

The items that dropped for me and 7 of my friends, terrible. I would definitely not do this again.
    I will let you guess how I will feel, if (when) the valentines day event pinatas go on sale.
    However, shame on me for not waiting for the sale, right?

The pinata pack did not make me feel the love that valentines day is supposed to bring.

Overall the solution really should have been to have a Valentines day pack with every new item that the pinatas can drop auto unlock for purchasers of the pack, AND including 50 untradeable valentines day pinatas to throw for others to enjoy. This would have made me feel that there was value within the cash I spent as compared to feeling like that I wasted cash.
    I would have felt love if it happened in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by High5 View Post
    My experience and thoughts on the V-day pinatas.
    Overall the solution really should have been to have a Valentines day pack with every new item that the pinatas can drop auto unlock for purchasers of the pack, AND including 50 untradeable valentines day pinatas to throw for others to enjoy. This would have made me feel that there was value within the cash I spent as compared to feeling like that I wasted cash.
    I would have felt love if it happened in this way.
    Exactly this. $39.99/6500 Credits should have been the full set plus 50 pinatas that drop single items instead of double. I hope Trion reconsiders the pricing before they do this all over again in March.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Coefficiency Simulator | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    Exactly this. $39.99/6500 Credits should have been the full set plus 50 pinatas that drop single items instead of double. I hope Trion reconsiders the pricing before they do this all over again in March.
    i doubt they will consider since by the look of all these posts people have spent tons of money on these so why would trion consider not doing this again for the same price?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLazyCanadian View Post
    i doubt they will consider since by the look of all these posts people have spent tons of money on these so why would trion consider not doing this again for the same price?
    Because this:
    “There's an old saying in Tennessee. I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again!” - George W. Bush

Way better than the original in my opinion

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Coefficiency Simulator | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

+ Reply to Thread