+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Valentines Pinata Feedback

Valentines Pinata Feedback

Hey all,

Making a quick thread to bring attention to these pinatas and how bad their implementation is.

Currently they're only obtainable from the store, for way too many credits, or alternatively, half the rewards were made by modders, given how few people are going to be buying the store pinatas, the creators of the items have full reign over the supply of them, aswell as every opportunity to make hundreds of millions of flux from selling the codes for those items.

Unlike every other pinata which has seen plenty of exposure in either chaos chests, contests or from a tome, these ones will only stay around for a few fleeting weeks, pressuring everyone going for these sought after items to either terrorize the modders for codes, or fork over their wallets in the hopes of getting the loot in the store pinatas.

If this thread happens to get a response, i'd like to preemptively reply to the most obvious answer: No, these items are NOT optional, the moment you decided to put mastery on them, you made them mandatory. This feels absolutely soul crushing coming from a player that wants to collect everything.

Solutions? I can come up with a couple:
    1. Make Luxion carry every single valentine item in one of his february or march visits, any later and you'll have missed your opportunity.
    2. Put a certain amount of valentine pinatas as an uncommon in the skittering boxes, giving players a new reason to grind for them.

If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to post them.

I urge Trion to push some kind of change that will allow more players to get these items, please don't make it a modder and whale monopoly.

Everything in this thread is also going to apply to the Saint Qubeslick pinatas coming later this year, don't make the same catastrophe happen twice.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Mastery: 84,850 | Total Power Rank: 338,783 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 689 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687 | Gem Rerolling Issue | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Adding them to the skittering boxes sounds great
    With the upcoming daily login bonus why don’t we get val pins instead of party pins
    Why wernt a few of them in the questline? (To late now but soemthing for them to consider for saint pats)

Great post, this games pay wall is frustrating when your trying to get everything and so much is exclusive

Yeah, 6500 credits for 50 pinatas seems to be a rip off.

Since the new meta of the forums is asking people to come and ***** about stuff, no i don't hate the "new p2w pinatas" because i simply dont play the game OMEGALUL

Major Cuck Mc Cuckolson with a slight tone of crippling depression

(ง ͠ ͟ل͜ ͡)ง wanna fite bruh? I'll rek yer face i swear on me mum

Quote Originally Posted by themafian View Post
    since the new meta of the forums is asking people to come and ***** about stuff, no i don't hate the "new p2w pinatas" because i simply dont play the game omegalul
    loool exactly!!

Trion likes making things a pain to get. Personally I gave up the race, it's better than being forced to pay $1k, buy every single pack that doesn't have a for credits option and grinding for absurd amounts of time to keep up with mastery, all for poor server performance, lack of updates and treated 2nd class. On the plus side, as mastery goes up, the impact of a new item goes down. Personally I felt regular pinatas were already a rip off, not once have I felt that they were rewarding.

Though to be fair, they didn't add as much $$$ stuff when they were working on making the console ports in sync with the PC.

Pinatas were always a rip-off, they cost way too many credits for what they give.

And as Chrono said when you add something that has mastery in it, it's not optional anymore it's mandatory to have it, you made Mastery have no lvl cap so everything is mandatory if it has mastery in it.

You add something that is only obtainable from store and it's behind a RNG wall as well the mastery stuff in it.

Yeah let's pay about 40 dollars or euros(in my case) for 50 pinatas that I'm not even guaranteed to get everything that is in them, not only that but everything new that is in them doesn't even reach 200 mastery points. 40 dollars for not even 200 mastery points plus not even 100% guarantee that I would get them. I guess we just have to leech from the rich irl players and be able to be in their pinata parties.

Around 40 for 50 loot box pinata on valentine day! So much for valentine love...

Lots of MMO with flexible micro transaction, yet trove beg the differ. How long can this business model last...

It doesnt change the fact it is behind a pay wall and how many can obtain all items before romance pin vanish from the store.

As critical as I sometimes can be for certain actions committed, this is by far not the worst thing they've done.

Every single item in the loot table is tradable and will be available for quite a while. Pinatas have always been considered as a 'freemium' item, nothing is different here except time availability. Previous pinatas have also done exactly the same thing when they were first released, including most seasonal and shadow pinatas.

The pinata items will saturate pretty quickly and while pinatas are only for credits, credit pouches do help alleviate that, in addition to the fact that the loot is shared with 7 people, everything available is tradable and they can sell any duplicate items they have for items they don't.

Currently they're only obtainable from the store, for way too many credits, or alternatively, half the rewards were made by modders, given how few people are going to be buying the store pinatas, the creators of the items have full reign over the supply of them, aswell as every opportunity to make hundreds of millions of flux from selling the codes for those items.
    They will not be making that amount of flux in the slightest, if they even choose to sell the codes to begin with. Just because a large majority of players will likely not be buying the pinatas outright, they can still do everything I said above.

EDIT: To add on to this, any rare item in the table comes in the quantity of two, not just one. This is just some of the loot (not going to post multiple screenshots) I got from x200 pinatas, after giving a lot away already:

I think this is solely opinion based.

I think that if someone has the money to buy pinatas, then they can have at it. That's a sole choice that that person chooses to do.

This is all time based as well. Everyone just wants the items right away, because it's a new item. That's how the economy, and most things in life work. If you see something you like, or want something, you want it instantly. Everything obtainable from these pinatas is currently as we speak, and will continue to drop in price. Of course in the long run things might go back up in price, however that's just how the market and time works together.

I've thrown 210 pinatas, and gotten much more then I needed from them. I've obtained every style, got the ally, wings, and mount. I have also gotten extra's and multiple spare of each. I sold my first pair of wings for 8.9M flux on the market, then about an hour later I sold a pair for 1M flux. Big jump. Now they are sitting around 1.5M flux. When I sold my first pair of wings I essentially made back everything that I spent based off of credit pouch prices.

Point being, I assume, and am pretty sure I was the first person to throw pinatas, and/or sell what was given to me from pinatas on the market. Putting my own money into the game, and using that how I wanted, I got outcome out of that. But, that was all a choice. I didn't have to buy pinatas. I bought them because I wanted them. As stated above, when I made the analogy with when you see something you like, you want it instantly. I wanted the pins instantly, so I bought them.

If you wait one or two days, the prices will drop substantially for everything, and you'll be able to obtain items from the pinatas without having to put real money into the game.

It's all a time factor.

Now of course you can argue saying that not everyone has the money to pay for pinatas, and I agree. However, everyone has time.

IGN: Quaxko | Total Power Rank: 321,536 | Mastery: 80,934 (540) | Total Days: 251
    Patron: : )

+ Reply to Thread