+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Valentines Pinata Feedback

I'm not rich in game by any means and I hardly ever spend irl cash on the game, but I like the fact that there's a free market. Of course someone did buy up all pins and relisted for higher but it still comes down to supply and demand. If people don't pay 3m for a mount, they will come down. Either from people listing for less or more being bought and thrown because the price is too high. We already see this with the mounts dropping to 800k last i checked. The price will fluctuate wild anyways within the first day because people don't know what drop rates are, they panic when they get one and sell it immediately thinking it will crash. It's panic selling and happens everywhere there's a market.

Personally I threw 5 love piñatas the first day they were released just for a bit of fun in laezaria and ended up dropping two sets of wings. I didn't realize they dropped doubles at the time but that aside, I figured the wings probably weren't that rare. That, combined with another playing ridiculing me when I asked for 1.6m on chat and telling me they would drop like a rock, I panic sold both pairs for 1.5m, well under what I could have gotten if I held out for a few days or even a few hours.

Sure, it sucks a little but it's lesson learned and ill use this knowledge to make my own trading better in the future. Instead of asking for trino to step in and pull a Venezuela, let's instead try a laissez-faire approach to the marketplace

I agree that the free market is a good thing. However some games with free markets do ban people for pulling stunts like buying out every item and relisting for insane prices. I think it's one thing to flip a couple of older mounts to make a small profit, but someone buying out dozens of the latest hot thing and then quintupling the price is not playing fair in the spirit of the game. Those sorts of actions should come with a slap on the wrist and if someone continues to be a nuisance, then harsher action should be taken.

IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Quote Originally Posted by Ibita View Post
    I love how some people is jumping the rage wagon of 126 mastery points worth of tradable skins that only effects the top 10 mastery. Wut?!?
    I have to agree with this. It's going to be a problem with serious collectors, but the only actual impact of gaining mastery is a gold name- and if 126 mastery makes or breaks you getting a gold name, you would have lost it the next week or so anyway.

Having said this, I think the pinata price is too high and I hope these items are added to luxion's rotation at some point.

It reminds me of the hat of hats style. When they first released the collection that had it, they had already released all the items *except* the hat of hats. So collectors like me were staring at a 1 mastery point item for $30. That was when I went casual collector. But about 2 years later, they make the pack available for something like 800 credits -which was worth it to have that irritant off my back- but still left a very bad taste in my mouth.

update: and then I read summer's post about it affecting PR and the club requirement and I'm rethinking this. Yeah, it's a problem. It's the hat of hats all over again, but on a much larger scale.
    Under mastery 20? Free Class coin if you apply a refer-a-friend code: 2TF6T96YRCGM3YL6DQ3L (clickable link)

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    Because this:
    “There's an old saying in Tennessee. I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again!” - George W. Bush

Way better than the original in my opinion
    "You can fool most of the people most of the time." - P. T. Barnum
    Under mastery 20? Free Class coin if you apply a refer-a-friend code: 2TF6T96YRCGM3YL6DQ3L (clickable link)

+ Reply to Thread