+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loot box legislation established in the state of Hawaii

Exclamation Loot box legislation established in the state of Hawaii

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/...s-for-a-price/
    One pair of bills, House Bill 2686 and Senate Bill 3024, would prohibit the sale of any game featuring a system wherein players can purchase a randomized reward using real money to anyone younger than 21 years old.

The other two bills, House Bill 2727 and Senate Bill 3025, would require video game publishers to prominently label games containing such randomized purchase systems, as well as disclose the probability rates of receiving each loot box reward.

“Whistleblowers have revealed that psychologists are employed to create these mechanisms,” [State Rep. Chris Lee] said.
    How might we see this play out? Will we finally see the chances of getting Ganda? Chaos Coins? Hyper Pinata EX?

IGN: spar13

As far as I know Ganda doesn't come from a real money purchase box

But we do have a lot of 'loot' boxes that can be purchased with real money which are:

Chaos Chests
    Golden Chaos Chests
    Daily Token Boons
    Empowered Gem Boxes
    Gem Boosters Boxes
    Greater Dragon Caches
    Golden Ticket Chests (when available)
    Pinatas

I just wish Trove will one day follow Warframe and their official drop tables

Link : https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos...b03enrf56.html

But this game is very vague in general, most descriptions of everything are not numerical, they're in vague terms such as "you get a movement speed boost", "deals more damage".

IGN : Arion4K | Leader of Laezaria

Loot box legislation

just don't get caught...law enforcement will come down hard on you. i live in Honolulu, a few months ago my grandfather (he has Alzheimer's) managed logging on to my account and purchasing 10 chaos chest. unfortunately, he made the mistake of opening them all and 16 hours later DHS and local deputies from the sheriffs office were breaking his front door down and arresting him. His trial ended last week and was found guilty on all 10 counts of violating the loot box legislation. he was sentenced to 5 years in HI DOC state prison. My grandfather is 89 years old and suffers from Pneumoconiosi and has advanced Alzheimer's. There is a dedicated task force that seek out ppl who are in violation of this law... As i said...be careful!!

None of the loot boxes are for real money and the Credits used to buy them can be obtained for free. If these laws start getting passed I wonder how they will stop these sorts of loopholes.

IGN: SummerHaas • Discord: Summer#9392 • Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players — Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Quickest solution is just to ban hawaii from the game>,>

They would have to make the deals section all for credits, and not for $$. Currently there are some of the deals/packs and flash sales that are purchased for real money that include RNG boxes in them. You can also purchasing those same items for credits or other in game currencies elsewhere in the store. This would most likely force the deals section to be strictly for credits. I have seen other MMO's that you buy the in game currency for real money. Then what you do with that in game currency is up to you. you aren't directly buying the in game RNG items for real money. It is effectivly the same, but there is that middle grey step that could be an out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Russell View Post
    just don't get caught...law enforcement will come down hard on you. i live in Honolulu, a few months ago my grandfather (he has Alzheimer's) managed logging on to my account and purchasing 10 chaos chest. unfortunately, he made the mistake of opening them all and 16 hours later DHS and local deputies from the sheriffs office were breaking his front door down and arresting him. His trial ended last week and was found guilty on all 10 counts of violating the loot box legislation. he was sentenced to 5 years in HI DOC state prison. My grandfather is 89 years old and suffers from Pneumoconiosi and has advanced Alzheimer's. There is a dedicated task force that seek out ppl who are in violation of this law... As i said...be careful!!
    Nice try at trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Mandros View Post
    Nice try at trolling
    if I was an fbi profiler, my profile of you would include you weighing 400 lbs, 19 yrs old, insecure, goes to bed at night dreaming about the trove forum and what his next post will be, with over 1k posts on the forum to date suggests to me red flags for a personality disorder,

+ Reply to Thread