+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Darknik Dreadnaught's difficulty

It was stated a while back that Hydra and DD were the guards of DOTM's lair and as such should be harder than her.

It's a tough fight on UM, but it should be.

Yep.

Completely agree with this.
    Either:
    DD needs to have abilities AND/OR stats (health, damage ect) nerfed
    OR
    DOTM needs to have abilities AND/OR stats (health, damage ect) buffed

The two together aren't a great comparison because (without the nuke) DD feels about on par, maybe a little harder than DOTM. WITH the nuke... It's out of this world OP. The nuke has at the best of times a high chance to kill all the melee classes and stops all damage from the ranged classes unless the DD is in the corner.
    (also to add insult to injury the nuke seems pretty unrealistic... it destroys everything and anything- even 'immortal' players... But not itself within a radius, and OUTSIDE the radius of the nuke it does no damage at all whatsoever)

In my opinion I'd like to see DOTM get some better abilities and DD use less shields (They're a great idea, but it can get a bit boring waiting for one to turn off... Maybe make it if nobody attacks the shield it shuts down a second later?) and make DD's nuke only do a one shot KO in the very CENTRE of the arena, and outside that to the current edge just do an insanely high amount, to at least let laggy/ most melee players have a fair chance at escaping it. (It's not impossible ATM, but it feels WAY to hard.)

So this area needs some attention. The final boss should be the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by Teunknip99 View Post
    the difficulty of DD is pretty up there, considering most cleartimes for this boss are longer than for DOTM, due to its abilities and healthpool. i think DD should be nerfed as he is harder to beat than DOTM which makes no sense given that DOTM is on the top etc you get what i mean.

you know the point, DD is too strong, please nerf tyvm.

I have to disagree with OP on this one. I like that the newer boss additions are more dynamic and about more than just "DPS the hell out of it until it dies". I think the fights are more interesting and I think a higher difficult in STs would be good for late game, long time players that are bored with grinding.

Takes a longer time to kill does not necessarily equal harder to kill would be my other point.
    I almost always have a giveaway going! My Current Active Giveaway is a $25 amazon giftcard!

Trove IGN: PlagueTV (Mastery 320+)
    I stream! Twitch.tv/PlagueTV
    I love Twitter! @Plague_TV

Under Mastery 20? Click this for a free class coin .... and it helps me out too (yay referral codes!)

Nerf? No thanks.

DD need teamwork and strategy to defeat, that is challenging and entertaining.

DD and past xmas event boss Flamotron Mk II are the only 2 boss mechinic that are special and fun to defeat.

Just hope there will be more tougher bosses like that in future.

#morecoop&bossraid2018

So far long as have a tank and 1mil in damage done its possible to be done. The nuke with lag is basically a tactical nuke and shields make the fights drag out. Somewhat enjoyed the new mechanics but sometimes nuke spam can get overboard. The fire acts like the hydras acid and melts hp. Glad its kinda forced more different classes. Ice sage didnt have too much place in a st but this boss lets it shine. Before the new bosses people knew pin was hardest boss due to all the mob spam as you damage it. Basically its kinda on scale how it was previously given the added buffs and pr. Im hoping for more interactive mechanisms like the flamtron where doing certain things like the snowball weakened it. Maybe something like shoot shards to lower guards on a boss
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 20/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

its such a boring fight i tend to ignore if it at all possible and skip straight to dotm if you get ANY lag in dd you die.. end of story atleast in dotm there is really only 1 phase that can happen

Quote Originally Posted by Plague_Bearer View Post
    I have to disagree with OP on this one. I like that the newer boss additions are more dynamic and about more than just "DPS the hell out of it until it dies". I think the fights are more interesting and I think a higher difficult in STs would be good for late game, long time players that are bored with grinding.
    You are forgetting one thing. We are supposed to kill the boss each week to get the rewards. We can't even do DotM, without killing DD, unless they intent us to skip it. I'm fine with a difficult boss that requires teamwork and stuff, but only if I fight it once, not over and over.

It's painful to dedicate 50% of the full run time each week to fighting DD. You can't expect us to have a good team each time, because getting it sometimes takes longer than doing ST in the first place. Also, how are we supposed to balance MD/PD, if the game doesn't even tell us what classes have other players we play with, despite this feature being requested FOREVER? Seriously, even if you don't nerf the boss, at least make subsequent runs easier, like giving players who already defeated DD some bonuses to damage/damage reduction. Challenge is good, but grinding challenge... ugh.

Sometimes I don't see the fire.

I personally love this boss fight on Hard. Great challenge and you have to be smart. As soon as i get him to half health, I go from corner to corner. He will follow you to the corners where you can be safe from the nuke. He tries to entice you to follow him when he resets himself to the center, but he will come back to you. I can solo him in a few minutes and I love him now that I understand his mechanics now.

I get a kick out of the people who I carry that think they can fight him in the center even when I tell them that I would not suggest doing that. They take the nuke....just inside it's radius.....almost...to the corner lmao

Quote Originally Posted by SavageSergal View Post
    I personally love this boss fight on Hard. Great challenge and you have to be smart. As soon as i get him to half health, I go from corner to corner. He will follow you to the corners where you can be safe from the nuke. He tries to entice you to follow him when he resets himself to the center, but he will come back to you. I can solo him in a few minutes and I love him now that I understand his mechanics now.

I get a kick out of the people who I carry that think they can fight him in the center even when I tell them that I would not suggest doing that. They take the nuke....just inside it's radius.....almost...to the corner lmao

You don't exactly have to go to the corner, that's the safe way. If you time it correctly your dodge skill can dodge the nuke damage. A new thing for you to try

+ Reply to Thread