+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Gem Augmenting Costs Feedback

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    7

    Post Gem Augmenting Costs Feedback

    100,000 DOLLARS!!!

    Good, now that I have your attention, I would like to talk about the issue of gem augmenting that is causing players no end of grief and that you have not properly addressed at all. From what the community gathers, you guys and gals don't care about the player base at all, but what is in our pockets. I guess that's what a lot of developer teams do from other games, but you are better than this... or at least you should be. Secondly, the new gem augmenting system you implemented is awful. It's so bad. I'm never augmenting my gems again until it's fixed. First of all... it costs Lunar souls to change a stat on an item, which means that at MAX you can change the stat of two gems per week. But that's only scratching the surface because today I rolled my gem on my gunslinger from max health to... and get this... PERCENTAGE MAX HEALTH. I wanted to die. I had just wasted 3 lunar souls, 2100 eyes of Q'bthulu, and 4 binding darkness that I will never get back. Fix this problem so that you can choose what stat you want and so you don't make multiple people put holes in their computer screens.
    The other thing about gem augmenting is improving the stats on a gem. For those of you who don't know this, the bronze augment item is the best one there and it is the only one you should get. The other two may improve the stats a LITTLE more, but they cost 5-6x the price. It's not worth it at all. MAKE it so that it doesn't cost as much flux so that free to play players, yeah, you know... the ones you don't care about because they're smart enough not to spend money on this game, can actually get somewhere in the game.
    The last point I want to make is one everyone has been yelling at you for as long as I can remember... and it is... MAKE GEM DUST/BOXES/ACTUAL GEMS tradable. Do you know how long it takes to farm 10k gem dust? And do you know how much gem dust it costs to upgrade stellar gems? If you did, then you would have fixed this problem already.

    I want you know that it is not just me thinking this, but almost everyone else out there playing the game. You are turning this game into Spiral Knights. If you don't get the reference, look up the game, it's bad.

    Here's a picture for you too: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ejYGQr5oQK...0/politics.jpg

  2. #2
    Senior Member KoBeWi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Gusts View Post
    Do you know how long it takes to farm 10k gem dust?
    For end-game player? ~15 seconds, just as much as opening weekly emp boxes and loot-collecting results takes. Slightly longer if you go to Everdark to spend your excessive class gem keys. Dust stopped being an issue for me long time ago.

    This topic is unnecessary I'd say. You didn't say anything new, so it will probably get closed.
    Also, that 100 dollars XDDD If you really wanted attention, you should say 100 000 dollars at least.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    7
    @KoBeWi
    I was thinking about the new players that want to feel appreciated and who don't have empowered gem boxes or access to class gem keys. On the topic of this thread being closed by the devs, all that means is that they: a) know about the problem and don't give a d@mn, or b) know about it and are working to fix it. Either of these is helpful to the community. I HOPE they feel guilt, and I will change the price of the hook sentence.

  4. #4
    Senior Member KoBeWi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,688
    Well, I also used to struggle with getting dust. But I rarely farmed, most of it came from bad gems I got from Lunar Souls. And the amount of dust you earn increases exponentially. That was like a year ago though, so I probably don't remember how bad was it XD

    AFAIK, they are aware of augment prices problem and they are "working on it". Same with gem re-rolling. Although I'd appreciate if they'd at least once explain the process of making any change to the game, to know why sometimes trivial stuff takes ages to implement.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    7
    I agree ^^

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    274
    In my opinion, dust not being easy to get at early levels is a good thing. You really don't want to waste your time too much with starter gems. Until you get to 10k and are upgrading stellar gems everything you do is going to be wasted anyway.

    Yes, it feels hard to get to the different rungs, but it is absolutely doable and not really that bad. And yes, I have rolled a new account and leveled it to 5kpr within the last month so I'm quite aware of how the progression goes.
    Under mastery 20? Free Class coin if you apply a refer-a-friend code: 2TF6T96YRCGM3YL6DQ3L (clickable link)

  7. #7
    Senior Member fruitie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,259
    Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    For end-game player? ~15 seconds, just as much as opening weekly emp boxes and loot-collecting results takes. Slightly longer if you go to Everdark to spend your excessive class gem keys. Dust stopped being an issue for me long time ago.

    This topic is unnecessary I'd say. You didn't say anything new, so it will probably get closed.
    Also, that 100 dollars XDDD If you really wanted attention, you should say 100 000 dollars at least.
    Misleading tbh. Firstly to get empowered gem boxes, you still need to put time in. Sure the class ones come without any effort, but you only get 2500 from a stellar empowered gem. I can't remember the radiant ones, but not enough to rely on. I have 1m of each dust and refuse to spend it on a terribly balanced system. A lot of time took to get that and it can only max one character. And somehow they expect us to level multiple classes to 25k with how the subclasses are done and the badges released.

    Personally I'd rather have dust farm rates increased. Maybe from increasing shadow gem dust given. Also they should do something about gem booster boxes. 200 dust is just terrible to spend money on and is nothing compared to the ~1 million needed to augment or the amount needed to max. I've spent less time on trove recently, mostly doing weeklies or events. I can't say that I miss it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Medont's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by Gusts View Post
    100,000 DOLLARS!!!

    Good, now that I have your attention, I would like to talk about the issue of gem augmenting that is causing players no end of grief and that you have not properly addressed at all. From what the community gathers, you guys and gals don't care about the player base at all, but what is in our pockets. I guess that's what a lot of developer teams do from other games, but you are better than this... or at least you should be. Secondly, the new gem augmenting system you implemented is awful. It's so bad. I'm never augmenting my gems again until it's fixed. First of all... it costs Lunar souls to change a stat on an item, which means that at MAX you can change the stat of two gems per week. But that's only scratching the surface because today I rolled my gem on my gunslinger from max health to... and get this... PERCENTAGE MAX HEALTH. I wanted to die. I had just wasted 3 lunar souls, 2100 eyes of Q'bthulu, and 4 binding darkness that I will never get back. Fix this problem so that you can choose what stat you want and so you don't make multiple people put holes in their computer screens.
    The other thing about gem augmenting is improving the stats on a gem. For those of you who don't know this, the bronze augment item is the best one there and it is the only one you should get. The other two may improve the stats a LITTLE more, but they cost 5-6x the price. It's not worth it at all. MAKE it so that it doesn't cost as much flux so that free to play players, yeah, you know... the ones you don't care about because they're smart enough not to spend money on this game, can actually get somewhere in the game.
    The last point I want to make is one everyone has been yelling at you for as long as I can remember... and it is... MAKE GEM DUST/BOXES/ACTUAL GEMS tradable. Do you know how long it takes to farm 10k gem dust? And do you know how much gem dust it costs to upgrade stellar gems? If you did, then you would have fixed this problem already.

    I want you know that it is not just me thinking this, but almost everyone else out there playing the game. You are turning this game into Spiral Knights. If you don't get the reference, look up the game, it's bad.

    Here's a picture for you too: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ejYGQr5oQK...0/politics.jpg
    My English is very bad

    You want to get everything and immediately for one day - no, it will not be like that.

    All went through this stage. So in all games. In this game, even much easier than in the major MMORPG AAA class.
    Developers listen and have done a lot.
    Those who are begging to remove from the subjects "cannot ba traded" are people who want to gain, this is a false request. I would suggest to the developers to toughen measures against violators of the license agreement.

    You can ask - to increase the number of received items, why lie and ask to do another

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    301
    I'm familiar with augmenting costs,

    my avg gem has required 45 precise augments, times 9, 405 augments to max a class
    405 precise augments requires 3,645,000 dust

    my avg for dust, so far, has been 64.96 per shadow box [patron] [1] [2]
    3.645m dust / shadow boxes, 56,112 boxes

    my avg boxes weekly were [420*7/3*1.4] 1372 boxes of each type, 4116 total
    4,116 boxes / 7 days , 588 boxes daily [420 + opulence fixture]
    56,112 / 588 daily boxes, 95.4 days to max a single class

    405*4000, 1,620,000 flux required for precise augments.

    When Rough augments are half the static increase of Precise augments..
    ..810 Rough augments..
    ..requires 4*810, 3,240 Hearts of Darkness, valued at 5,508,000 Flux [1,700f ea]
    and 810*2000, 1,620,000 Flux to craft, 7,128,000 Flux total.

    which is faster?
    I was making 103,000 pure flux grinding 420 boxes at 4.2K MF
    1.62 / .103, 15.7 days .. j/k 90+ days for dust
    7.128 / .103, 69.2 days

    If I took into account the stellar souls&robo salvage I sold on the market
    1.62 / .212, 7.6 days .. j/k 90+ days for dust
    7.128 / .212, 33.6 days

    My acquisition of Bound Brilliance..
    2 out of 7 boons drop 10, 5 from the tome. so 25 weekly.. / 7, 3.57 daily.
    405 / 3.57, 113.4 days
    810 / 3.57, 226.9 days

  10. #10
    It doesn't matter how fast I can farm dust if Bound Brilliance is impossible to grind. I'm stuck waiting for more bound brilliance every week. With the 5 the legendary tome gives me every week it's going to take nearly 2.5 years to max one class. (600 BB needed to max, 5 BB gained a week, 600/5 a week=120 weeks, 120/52 weeks in a year=2.3~ years. My only other option is to purchase gem boosters with money or use my daily tokens on boons instead of the exclusive mastery items. Spending money is out of the question and missing exclusive items is as well, so now what? This is just the problem with bound brilliance, too. Dust is even worse.

    If you don't have patron gaining gem dust is mind numbingly grindy. Like you'll need hundreds upon thousands of boxes which equates to even more dungeons. It doesn't help that the gem dust tomes are locked behind needing incredibly amounts of mastery. (530 MR to get all 3 of them??? Who thought that was a good idea!) Maxing a class using precise focii takes about 1.8 million dust of each colour. 3.6 million in total. Let that sink in. There needs to be a better way to gather gem dust beyond just running thousands of dungeons. Even if it's just "dust relics" or a small gem dust tome. Either that or they reduce the prices on augmenters.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts