+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trove Livestream Notes 12/01/2018

Trove Livestream Notes 12/01/2018

Trove Livestream Notes 12/01/2018

Welcome to the latest live stream notes thread!

This week we hung out with Ted and Keetsie and their special guest this week of Martin and Dorna the Doggo.
    Boat races and a nice handful of questions with a nice surprising bit of info on upcoming changes/features you can read below in one of the questions.

Reminder of Dragon Coin Rebate:
    From 12/12 to 2/1 Dragon coins spent meant you would get some back in early January. This should be next week as mentioned below.

100-299 gets you a rebate of 50 coins back
    300-599
    gets you a rebate 150 coins back
    600-999
    gets you a rebate 300 coins back
    1000+ gets you a rebate of 500 coins back

Reminder of Yabaki winner draw:

Winners of this draw which will be 3 for each platform who are eligible to win as per the sweepstakes rules and conditions will be drawn and announced next week.

Questions and Answers Session:

Any plans for additional professions?
    We do, sometime in 2018 and if you feel there is a profession missing then let us know via the forums.

Any update on the dragon coin rebate?
    Likely next week.

Can you find more uses for binding darkness?
    Additional uses and methods to acquire will be added over time with future content updates.

Apart from some tweak any plan to expand club level beyond 10?
    Probably not this year, were focusing more on ways players can earn experience and clubits for the clubs. The system was built to be expanded tohugh so likely new fixtures will be introduced.

Any possibility to change club names?
    It would be nice, it is a goal for the future but no ETA on it yet.

Would you consider adding the ability to transmute 2 types gem dust into the other, not at a 1:1 ratio though?
    If we do provide a method, it would probably be really lossy and expensive and you'd lose a lot of the other types of dust. We think its best if you need the specific gem dust, to go to that world.

Can bound brilliance be added as a periodic reward from daily challenges?
    Maybe not for the challenge but we hear your cries, can be looked at ways.

Plans to change adventurine farming?
    There will be more ways to earn it in the future.

Will the fire elemental worlds map get a rework so you can see islands?
    Map quality of life is being worked on at the moment so hopefully.

Any news on tradeable chaos chest items?
    The tradeable rares were removed. Were looking at other options but no, nothing to announce right now.

Are there going to be any high ticket items from Luxion for those who have thousands of coins to spend?
    Well we do want you to spend all your coins so maybe later.

Any plans to revamp/buff Dracolyte any time soon?
    It's the next class to get big changes.

Any plans to revamps the splash screen loading screen?
    It'd be cool, we haven't done it in the past to keep the client size small for all platforms so its fast downloading.

Why are Spinner and Starfire fragments not dropping?
    The fragments are extremely rare but they are available.

Rumors of a new tier of gear called Astral, is going round, any truth to it?
    There will be more and better gear in the future but we haven't locked in a name or specific details yet. Working on massive changes in 2018.

When will we get to know who won Yabaki?
    Well announce it next week.

Any plans to release a patch to fix some of the issues introduced from the last few updates before the next big update?
    There's 1 large hotfix to address some of the issues in adventures and to release the events for upcoming holidays tentatively for February. Next big update hopefully a month after.

Special worlds with a playstyle similar to tutorial world.
    Yes, I cant say more than that or I'd spoil our biggest plan in 2018. Excited to share more news on that but its something we want to get out to everybody in a big way.

When will the next Blocky Bonus be?
    Next month

Can we expect tough mobs designed for endgame stats outside of shadow towers similar to how radiant giants worked back in 2015?
    Were actively working on what the next layer of combat and PVE progression will look like. We mentioned a while back about not releasing Uber 10+ until we could change combat in a meaningful way. Same is true for future versions of the shadow tower It's on our roadmap of 2018 and were targeting around Summer, so likely 2 major releases away

When will fast fishing weekly event come?
    January 23rd

That ends this weeks livestream recap guys and girls, take care to all and enjoy your gaming o/

IGN: Shirokiri | Discord: Shirokiri#4720 | Community Superstar | Trove Livestream Recapper
    Mastery: 500+

I am excited about the dracolyte news more than anything else. I also had my moment too.

Changing combat in a meaningful way? Yes please!
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

Thanks Shirokiri

The rumours about a tier of gear above Stellar scares me. If they do make their be higher tiers I hope with all my hopes that it doesn't apply to gems. Lots of people have put hundreds, nearly thousands, of hours into their current stellar gems and having them all suddenly be invalidated would be awful. My feedback on avoiding this would be to add new systems of gaining PR that don't invalidate the old ones or retroproof the new system by allowing stellar gems to be upgraded into whatever the new tier is.

This might now even be a problem though and the new tier of gear would only be for your hat/weapon/face. I'd actually like that. Stellar equipment is so weak compared to Stellar gems. I'm just worried about my stellar gems becoming obsolete. I definitely won't put any money into them like others have just because of this fear.

Redeem this for a class coin if you're below mastery 20! : H9K9YYZNTXL3XEHEPJRX
    Sentinels of the Sun fighting for the cause! PM for an invite to Celestine Court, an up and coming LvL 5 Club!
    Here's our recruitment thread. You can find a discord invite here to contact me outside of Trove!

I don't think they will bother making anything better than stellar gems for now, but it makes you wonder about those really high PR symbols like 30k+ from the wiki. Majority of PR is from the gems so I can see why anyone would be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Demisedulous View Post
    Lots of people have put hundreds, nearly thousands, of hours into their current stellar gems and having them all suddenly be invalidated would be awful.
    That's how this game cycles... Every so often an update comes around that makes little of any progression thus far. Shadows, Shadow 5s, Radiants, Stellars, Mantle of Power, Augmenting, etc. If you've played for a few years, you know it's coming, and know better than to not waste time augmenting gems to max (unless you're a questionable individual who finds value in wasting 100s to 1000s of hours of playtime for bragging rights).

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokiri View Post
    Would you consider adding the ability to transmute 2 types gem dust into the other, not at a 1:1 ratio though?

If we do provide a method, it would probably be really lossy and expensive and you'd lose a lot of the other types of dust.
    I think I could live with that:

Quote Originally Posted by Panduh View Post
    That's how this game cycles... Every so often an update comes around that makes little of any progression thus far. Shadows, Shadow 5s, Radiants, Stellars, Mantle of Power, Augmenting, etc.
    The difference with changes like those is it didn't invalidate the past system. When they added radiant you could forge your old gear up, same with when they added stellars. When gems were added they didn't interfere with your gear at all either and could be worn alongside them. These are the right way of adding new pr progression into the game.

I'm fine with new tiers of power being added, it's just how they deal with the old stuff that worries me. What I'm worried about and what you're saying are completely opposite things basically. The past has shown that they care about this kind of issue so I hope it's not a real problem when new tiers of gear comes out. Ya get me?

Redeem this for a class coin if you're below mastery 20! : H9K9YYZNTXL3XEHEPJRX
    Sentinels of the Sun fighting for the cause! PM for an invite to Celestine Court, an up and coming LvL 5 Club!
    Here's our recruitment thread. You can find a discord invite here to contact me outside of Trove!

This wasn't included in the livestream notes, but I do remember them being asked about the gems we already have and if all our previous work is going to have been for nothing. They basically said not to worry about it, we won't have to just throw them away and start over. So whatever changes are coming, it seems to be an additional thing rather than a replacement of gems.

+ Reply to Thread