+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove PvP Feedback

Hopefully never, if PvP got any attention, Trove would just turn into another toxic hodgepodge like every other PvP game, I don't want that, leaving pvp in an undesireable state is a good way to keep that from happening.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 107,873 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    Hopefully never, if PvP got any attention, Trove would just turn into another toxic hodgepodge like every other PvP game, I don't want that, leaving pvp in an undesireable state is a good way to keep that from happening.
    This,100% this
    The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    if thats the case then they shouldn't have introduced PVP to begin with and teased players with the idea of it. they did the same thing with Rift, teased people with it and when it was doing good and people liked it and wanted more or some simple constructive changes made they dialed it back and ignored it ...

4.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #14
    Developer
    The short answer is "No plans to balance classes for PvP in the near future". It was implemented as an 'As is, take it or leave it" feature, and we stated categorically that we weren't going to be investing large amounts of time or resources in supporting it. We've already gone beyond what was promised, balancing a few OP abilities, adding a new game mode, constantly adding new maps, and implementing a reward scheme for it.
    So it's already received more attention than we were willing to give it.
    That said, if you have constructive, clear feedback on what PvP needs in order to not be 'terrible', as you describe it, feel free to compile everything in one thread. Who knows, miracles can and do happen.

If this is really a "take it or leave it" feature of Trove, then please reconsider ever adding it again to the required quest chains when there is mastery at stake.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

My super secret sources confirm what Atronos said in this post earlier. Rip.

Senior Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by obskrt View Post
    Just imagine it. Kinda like another gamemode like PvP. Being able to find gear around the map and mounts/allies. Everyone could be unique in using their own class. You'd have to find rings and gear fitting your class, PD, MD, etc. Imagine.
    The team has grown a lot in the last couple months and everyone is working on some really major stuff coming throughout 2018. With that said, the focus of the game isn't on PvP. It's unlikely that we'll see many changes on that front in the coming year. It's possible, just not very likely.

Lightbulb PvP changes

So, I played some PvP games and I have a few suggestions.

First, balance the classes. I know many people asked for that in the past. Maybe it is impossible for the developers because how the game works. But if it is possible, here are my suggestions:

Perma-stuns: Either make the stuns shorter or add a cooldown to their abilities. I'm more biased towards the second option because it will make the cooldown reduction stat more useful and give the enemy a chance to dodge. It will mostly affect Fae because you don't even need to use your primary attack, just smash 1 until the enemy dies hopelessly. The same goes for the knight but to a lesser extent, because it costs much more energy and hitting the stun is harder.

Change the maps: Most of the maps are biased towards ranged and it is very hard and sometimes even impossible to close the distance as a melee class. The maps need to be a little more enclosed without hardly accessible high ground. "Just use Lunar Lancer" - you might say, but he is terrible for killing, his regular attack dials low damage and his 1 is too slow to hit anyone.

The next one is questionable: remove the double jump.
    Double jumping is almost like being invulnerable unless the enemy team has a pirate captain or fully consists of ranged classes (did I mention ranged bias already?), Chasing as a melee class is nearly impossible because even if you manage to close the distance, good luck hitting with your melee if you didn't hit the stun. This is due to being slowed down while attacking and that the enemy can get a lot of height and dodge midair to escape. It is also the reason why capture the flag was very annoying, Lancer could just pick the flag and double jump all the way to the base usually untouched.

I know this thread has near zero chance to actually make a change, but I wanted to share my suggestions anyway. I'm ready for the spoiled tomatoes .

Part of me thinks that the reason why there are "No plans to balance classes for PvP in the near future" is because if they ever get around to fixing the lag issues, they would need to be rebalanced all over again. Hit detection itself is a major issue in PvP.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Crystal Gear Stats | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Quote Originally Posted by Anywho View Post
    if thats the case then they shouldn't have introduced PVP to begin with and teased players with the idea of it. they did the same thing with Rift, teased people with it and when it was doing good and people liked it and wanted more or some simple constructive changes made they dialed it back and ignored it ...
    I beg to differ. Rift PVP was in no way similar to Trove PVP. Rift PVP was developed over the course of several years and they tuned it and made adjustments to it as Rift came out with newer expansions up thru 2014. The end game PVP raiding (Conquest if memory serves) was not a teaser. They even had 2 version of it at one point. The initial one for the level 50 area (Stillmore) and then for the new level 60 area. (I forget the zone name). Rift PVP was an important part of the initial game design, not an afterthought addon like it was in Trove. Rift had PVP servers and PVE servers. Trove has PVE with selected PVP area's. You are really overgeneralizing in your criticism of Trion to make this broad comparison.

For what it's worth, I raided in RIFT for 5 years. So I think I have some idea of the similarities in PVP. What Rift has done in the last 2 years I can't comment on as I left in the summer of 2015.

I'm not sure if you remember early 2015, but back then the Trove Devs were saying "NO PVP!", and they finally gave in to the constant pressure of the people that were wanting PVP in Trove. This just goes to prove that contrary to popular opinion, the Devs really do listen to what people are saying. They might not act on it. but they are listening. (which is why I post on the Forums)

+ Reply to Thread