+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove PvP Feedback

Trove PvP Feedback

Just imagine it. Kinda like another gamemode like PvP. Being able to find gear around the map and mounts/allies. Everyone could be unique in using their own class. You'd have to find rings and gear fitting your class, PD, MD, etc. Imagine.

I hear you.... I don't want to be negative but I am so sick of every game doing a battle royal mode.... I do love Trove tho..... ugh.
    I almost always have a giveaway going! My Current Active Giveaway is a $25 amazon giftcard!

Trove IGN: PlagueTV (Mastery 320+)
    I stream! Twitch.tv/PlagueTV
    I love Twitter! @Plague_TV

Under Mastery 20? Click this for a free class coin .... and it helps me out too (yay referral codes!)

Quote Originally Posted by Plague_Bearer View Post
    I hear you.... I don't want to be negative but I am so sick of every game doing a battle royal mode.... I do love Trove tho..... ugh.
    would still be better than troves current pvp
    lul

Quote Originally Posted by cerkaz View Post
    would still be better than troves current pvp
    lul
    Probably true. Trove hardly has the playerbase for it. I mean it can be hard to find pvp matches as it is already.

Better off with a grand battle or other pvp modes. Given can see this with nn collecting a bunch and then the main pvp classes just staying around or its the main classes from start that can easily kill others. A mode where fighting the opponents dragon would do like gigantic or such
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 20/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

I'd rather have them fix the already incredibly unbalanced and boring PvP rather than add more of it.
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by obskrt View Post
    Just imagine it. Kinda like another gamemode like PvP. Being able to find gear around the map and mounts/allies. Everyone could be unique in using their own class. You'd have to find rings and gear fitting your class, PD, MD, etc. Imagine.
    This reminds me of the "naked" instance runs that we used to do in WoW years ago. you would start out with nothing. Leave the city heading for the instance gate and killing stuff along the way there. The winner was the person with the highest gear score after the final boss kill.

For this to work in trove, I think that you would have to have instance only gear that would go away when you zoned out. Possibly do it as a new type of hourly challenge. Give each class a starter weapon at the beginning of the event and have random courses for you to traverse possibly with random mobs to be killed in route to a central combat zone.
    Like the rest of trove, this would be heavily RNG based for how you did as it depends on some good RNG for the items picked up.

Banned

When are you planning to balance your PvP?

When are you planning to balance PvP? I stopped playing a bit after you released PvP and even back then it was terrible, so now I've come to check back in and see that that's still terrible, you literally did nothing to improve this mode in what? 2 years?

Why even implement a mode like that if you aren't gonna balance it? There are classes in there that have literally 0 counterplay, you can't even destroy turrets and yet these turrets deal more damage than any class that actually needs to aim can do and remain on the field for ages, you can literally get your spawn blocked by them and be incapable of getting out, especially if there's multiple which there usually are.

This mode is only worth (just barely) playing for the weekly stuff it gives you, if this mode didn't give me empowered gems I wouldn't even bother with it, but rather than just have it be something that you do just because it gives you some necessary stuff, why can't you make it fun and actually good?

If they do any balance they'd need to hit everything in one patch. Like if they just nerf PC or nerf Fae then those players will go to the next easiest OP class they can abuse. They either balance it all or nothing or else there'll just be a lot of upset players and an even worse off gamemode. Here's a list from the top of my head from a top 1000 player
    • Stuns need a cooldown so any class with a stun can't permastun. If they only nerf Fae then Knight's will become the new permastunner, it's an issue with the debuff not the classes.
    • Ice Sage ult needs to only slow your target like it does to Shadow Tower Titans. Having such an easy to land ability be an instant death sentence that you can't fight back against is awful.
    • Pirate Captain turrets need to be destroyable. Right now the only way to fight back is just run, or if you're on Fae use decoys. That's not a lot of counterplay to such a powerful ability.
    • Dino Tamer net needs to not deal 10 million dmg. It was designed for PvE not PvP so in PvP it's a guaranteed one shot on a 4 second cooldown. Yay...
    • The chronomatic powerup needs to not fully reduce your ult cooldown. This powerup alone ruins the entire gamemode, turning it into an rng fest of 'which pirate captain gets more chrono powers.
    • Banners need to have a higher droprate. I've only gotten 1 radiant banner in my last 50. That's 50+ hours to get 1 radiant. It wasn't even a good ability set or good stats either so I couldn't use it. We should definitely be able to forge our banners up to radiant or else it's just too much rng.

PvP in itself is incredibly fun imo. I love being able to show off my skills in a competitive gamemode. The base game really doesn't reward performing well but in PvP there's a reason to get to know your class and really excel in-game. I love that! I believe with the right kind of changes PvP can become a fun way to pass time on Trove. Ye ye ye.

Banned
    Can't really say that I agree that PvP is fun, it's no fun to play vs a classes that are clearly way too overpowered and have no counterplay, I don't think this is a competitive mode where to get good at it just means "pick whatever class has no counterplay" and just stomp with it, sorry, but I'm an oldschool quake player and back in the day I had to actually work hard to "git gud" at a competitive game, it wasn't about picking whatever was the most overpowered.

There is no skill involved in PvP, because any kill I get playing as a Shadow Hunter is diminished by the fact that someone else can just pick a pirate, fae or whatever else is OP and just do much better than me when I'm trying my hardest with absolutely 0 effort, you say some crybabies will quit PvP if they balanced it properly? Good, people like that shouldn't be in PvP anyway, they aren't true PvPers if they cry and rage quit just at the semblance of a proper challenge or the idea of them actually having to git gud, I have no love for those people.

But I actually do want PvP to be good, because I think it might have potential, but the devs will actually have to put the effort in to actually make it work, PvP needs to be balanced a lot differently from PvE.

But hey, they have plenty of time to update their cash shop and add convulated mechanics to the game to add to the grind but balancing PvP? Nah. This was like 2 years ago too, 2 years and no change to a mode so clearly flawed.

+ Reply to Thread