+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Dragon] Shadowmaw, Nightmare Incarnate

[Dragon] Shadowmaw, Nightmare Incarnate

As the Frost Fae's last legacy crumbles, the Permafrost falls to irreclaimable chaos and ruin.

What better way to start the new year than with my first dragon (and mount in general) mod?

This is based on the Shadow Maw costume, Horns of Shadowmaw hat, Shadowmaw Tendril staff, Beacon of Betrayal face and Frozen Fiend hat.

Frozen Fiend isn't explicitly related to Shadowmaw, but I've seen several people interpret Shadowmaw to be the "unspeakable horror(s) buried beneath the ice" mentioned, so I decided to depict that in the mod by coating it in shattered ice shards and making it look injured in several places.

No, it does not have eyes.

Oh, and the frame of the wings is supposed to represent (Death's) scythe:

Download via Trovesaurus
    (Replaces Galenor, Primarch of Permafrost)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V1

Old image album (with notes indicating changes)
    • Initial release.

V2

Made some changes based on feedback from PowerDj and SkyRider3217 (as well as fixing a small error).
    • Corrected the extra tooth-colored voxels underneath the jaw.
    • The tail sections have been remodeled slightly to better transition in thickness.
    • The internals are now blue instead of green to fit with the other colors featured better (affecting the inside of the mouth and injured feet). The saddle's green gem is unchanged and frozen sections may still shine a greenish tone.
    • The saddle is now gray.
    • The wings are now slightly less transparent.
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It may not make sense, but it was supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rare
    ~~ Main class: Dracolyte | Power Rank: 22,085 | Mastery: 391 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: Trove Wikia | | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 22/38 | 3/3 ~~

Wow that is great, i actually really like it

This really is an amazing mod. It uses a theme which is barely ever seen in Trove, let alone used by modders, and yet it captures that theme perfectly. The colours are spot-on, but I think the modelling really is the highlight - I've never seen wings of that shape, nor have I seen a dragon with such a craggy, rocky body, yet it works so well! My only gripe is that I wish the tail part had a thicker end so that it more smoothly transitioned into the rest of the body, but other than that, incredible work!
    Cacti are cool. Yeah.

Wow super creepy. Looks good though

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Coefficiency Simulator | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

LOOKING GOOD OVER THERE buddy

Those Wingss o look good
    IGN: ROUGE02

Thanks for the support! :3

Quote Originally Posted by PowerDj View Post
    This really is an amazing mod. It uses a theme which is barely ever seen in Trove, let alone used by modders, and yet it captures that theme perfectly. The colours are spot-on, but I think the modelling really is the highlight - I've never seen wings of that shape, nor have I seen a dragon with such a craggy, rocky body, yet it works so well! My only gripe is that I wish the tail part had a thicker end so that it more smoothly transitioned into the rest of the body, but other than that, incredible work!
    ...this guy in particular, for being both more in-depth and giving feedback.

That said...

Update - V2

Made some changes based on feedback from PowerDj and SkyRider3217 (as well as fixing a small error). Images in the OP and on Trovesaurus have been updated.
    • Corrected the extra tooth-colored voxels underneath the jaw.
    • The tail sections have been remodeled slightly to better transition in thickness.
    • The internals are now blue instead of green to fit with the other colors featured better (affecting the inside of the mouth and injured feet). The saddle's green gem is unchanged and frozen sections may still shine a greenish tone.
    • The saddle is now gray.
    • The wings are now slightly less transparent.
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It may not make sense, but it was supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rare
    ~~ Main class: Dracolyte | Power Rank: 22,085 | Mastery: 391 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: Trove Wikia | | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 22/38 | 3/3 ~~

+ Reply to Thread