+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Your thoughts on Dracolyte

Your thoughts on Dracolyte

I seeing so many people hate on this class saying it's too weak, can't dps, can't tank, can't do anything but look good on a dance pad. I main dracolyte and don't intend on changing that. What are your thoughts? How's the 25k PR life for it?

It's not amazing and you're not going to get into any speedruns with it, but it's certainly usable at the very least. It's not great, but it's not terrible.

...and yes, it does look good on a dance pad.
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It was supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rare
    ~~ Main class: Dracolyte | Power Rank: 23,088 | Mastery: 425 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: Trove Wikia | | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 22/40 | 3/3 ~~

It's okay, the damage output is bad, but not unplayably bad.
    As with every other class that needs to throw stuff for dps, it suffers from slow build up and thus is also a slow farmer.

The class does not belong in shadow pinnacles, for the reason that draco's main dps comes from bomb stacking, though the problem here is that the bosses that are easy enough to not require stacking for successful kills are the ones you could kill easily anyways, and the ones that do require bomb stacking are the ones where the bombs would only do a small insignificant amount of damage.

This combined with draco's requirement to be close to enemies, and potentially take aggro from the main tank is a major problem and a huge reason why draco is not included in team play, kinda the same reason why Ninja and Lancer are unwelcome in towers.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Mastery: 84,850 | Total Power Rank: 338,783 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 689 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687 | Gem Rerolling Issue | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

As with every other class that needs to throw stuff for dps, it suffers from slow build up and thus is also a slow farmer.
    Its build-up can be slow, but not that slow, as long as you stack up energy regen. For farming it's true it's not great since you usually have to set up your bombs every time you go to fight a boss, but shadow towers take a long time to clear each room - once you're set up at the start there's little need for anything more than that. In Pinnacles you can also usually set up your full load while the team is chatting and getting ready, which usually means you have most-all of your minions up when the boss starts.

Once you have your first bundle of bombs at the start, it's usually easy to uphold a full minion count (again, as long as you have full energy regen).

This combined with draco's requirement to be close to enemies, and potentially take aggro from the main tank is a major problem and a huge reason why draco is not included in team play
    This is usually only an issue if the tank is a candy barb. (Which is why I really, really hate when CBs try to tank.) CBs have no aggro skills beyond proximity - they're optimal in high-level runs where everyone is using Gunslinger (or some other generic ranged DPS class). In "casual" runs, though, Revenants seem to be a much more common tank to avoid aggro loss to the other melee classes, so Draco practically never takes aggro from them (except maybe in DD runs; DD loves to aggro swap, but that still usually can be avoided and doesn't cause notable problems unless it happens consistently).

-----

Basically, it's usable in 'casual' runs, but you have 0 chance of getting into speedruns and most end-game organized clears.
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It was supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rare
    ~~ Main class: Dracolyte | Power Rank: 23,088 | Mastery: 425 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: Trove Wikia | | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 22/40 | 3/3 ~~

Speed runs are not something I care about, but since not many use draco, I don't reduce their damage bonus in ST.

My thoughts, in no particular order

* Insufficient familiar charge indication. This has bugged me for years: there is a easily missable audio cue for the familiar, and the visual cue is obstructed completely when in dragon form. It would be huge QoL if the skill icon lit up when the familiar was fully charged

* Slow build up. The few seconds it takes before being able to unload full damage makes transitioning to higher difficulty areas more difficult as those few extra seconds could be the difference between a clean victory and a messy defeat

* Lack of meta relevance - self explanatory

* Burnt offering's small-ish hitbox and AoE - vary tedious to work with on uneven ground, it might not be uncommon in such lairs for two or three unused burnt offerings to remain after the fight because there was never a good opportunity to activate them.

* Autoattack is horizontal only - RIP gunslinger subclass

* Why can pirate captain excel while this class is stuck in mediocrity? Numbers aside, my main answer is pretend pirate. The aggro on it allows the pirate to more effectively solo, if burnt offerings took dracoltye's aggro the class would instantly become far more viable as solo

* forgettable subclass ability

Until pirate captain was released, Dracolyte was my hands down favorite for solo-ing and shadow arenas, nevermind the blaring flaws. However... Pirate Captain is pretty much a flat upgrade over Dracolyte. Familiar is automated, bombs draw aggro, energy regeneration is not needed, and pretty much all flaws in the pirate captain are also in dracolyte. The lack of dragon dancing is a sad loss, but the dragon's damage reduction is not really needed thanks to pretend pirate. So... yeah. I dearly hope that Dracolyte will get some dev love.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    it suffers from slow build up and thus is also a slow farmer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirare View Post
    For farming it's true it's not great
    Not extremely fast but not that slow.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiPh0o_ View Post
    So that's a correct statement.
    It's not extremely fast, and it's not slow.

Average Dungeons per Hour for a Neon Ninja that is actually going for Dungeons per Hour depending on the world is above 200.

IGN: Quaxko | Total Power Rank: 321,536 | Mastery: 80,934 (540) | Total Days: 251
    Patron: : )

- - - - - - - - - -

IGN: Quaxko | Total Power Rank: 321,536 | Mastery: 80,934 (540) | Total Days: 251

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiPh0o_ View Post
    Also, you also only took a screenshot of 28/171.

Usually when people take screenshots of Dungeons per hour it will say 200/200 or for your case,171/171.

+ Reply to Thread