+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Your thoughts on Dracolyte

1.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #11
    We're pretty regularly going over classes and adjusting where needed. I think the Dracolyte may be getting a bit of love early this year. I'll follow up and get more info on if that's still in the cards.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    Follow me on Twitter!

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Quick ideas:

- [M2] Spit Fire skill is now Dracolyte's passive (active everytime when Dracolyte takes damage + 3-6sec cooldown)

- [1] Burn Offering skill have increased damage by like 10-20% and decreased energy cost.
    (extra: [1] can be now charged, the longer you charge it, the more eggs you will throw away ~ pretty bad idea cuz [1] don't have cooldown)

- [Class Gem] The spawned Avatar of Flame minions explode after death and deal medium damage with small AoE.

- New [M2] skill detonates all the placed eggs. Simple: [1] place eggs, [M2] detonates them.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaxko View Post
    Also, you also only took a screenshot of 28/171.

Usually when people take screenshots of Dungeons per hour it will say 200/200 or for your case,171/171.
    It says 171/171 or 200/200 if you've been farming for exactly an hour. And I never farm more than 20 minutes, I get bored after that x)
    I think I could reach 180 dph if I tried hard but... meh, lazy.
    And yeah, not the fastest farmer (NN, LL and SH are definitely farming faster), but not "slow".

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    We're pretty regularly going over classes and adjusting where needed. I think the Dracolyte may be getting a bit of love early this year. I'll follow up and get more info on if that's still in the cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortorion View Post
    Quick ideas:

- [M2] Spit Fire skill is now Dracolyte's passive (active everytime when Dracolyte takes damage + 3-6sec cooldown)

- [1] Burn Offering skill have increased damage by like 10-20% and decreased energy cost.
    (extra: [1] can be now charged, the longer you charge it, the more eggs you will throw away ~ pretty bad idea cuz [1] don't have cooldown)

- [Class Gem] The spawned Avatar of Flame minions explode after death and deal medium damage with small AoE.

- New [M2] skill detonates all the placed eggs. Simple: [1] place eggs, [M2] detonates them.
    A few random ideas of my own (further balancing may be needed):
    • Fireborn - Damage per hit reduced to 0.5%
    • Fireborn - Now procced by any damage received from the Dracolyte, with the exception of Burning Ward minions
    • Fireborn - Effect can now stack (up to 15%); the effect starts at a couple of barely-visible embers and ends at a thick, obvious smoke rain as more stacking is acquired
    • Fireborn - Effect now wears down at 1 stack per half-second
    • Basic attack - Damage doubled
    • Spit Fire - The Dracolyte gains a flame aura when charged, much like the Flamotron Mk II's shield; this is of course much larger with the ultimate active)
    • Burnt Offering - Permanently replaced with Burning Ward; Burning Ward as a class gem is removed
    • Avatar of Flame - Can now mine blocks while transformed
    • Avatar of Flame - Will no longer revert to regular form while using a key, Hub recall, etc.

Fireborn changes: It should now do something actually useful. Using Burning Ward stacking should help achieve the damage cap (although you can't bypass the stack system entirely using the minions' 28 maximum total attacks per second); Spitfire can also contribute. It also increases reliance on your basic attack.

Basic attack change: Increases reliance on the basic attack (your minions aren't all of your DPS anymore), and overall DPS.

Spit Fire change: It's extremely difficult to see - practically impossible with your ultimate. Usually I just hit M2 at random and hope it was charged at that time. Often I forget to use M2 at all.

Burnt Offering/Burning Ward change: Your DPS heavily relies on minions; making them globally accessible will make the class more useful early-game. Getting rid of the existing class gem also paves the way for a new one with a different balance function (detailed below).

Avatar of Flame changes: Basic QoL.
    • Name: Reign of Fire
    • Replaces Spit Fire (M2)
    • 4 second cooldown
    • No longer requires charging; removes the flame aura when charged, both on the player and minion
    • The Dracolyte's dragon familiar now sprays a burst of flame followed by smoke and embers in a wide circle around the Dracolyte, which taunts enemies towards the Dracolyte for 3 seconds (and possibly apply some other effect to make it useful when farming, such as reducing damage taken from enemies, healing the draco or giving damage reflection)
    • No longer deals damage and does not contribute to Fireborn

This allows Draco to be a legitimate tank if it wants to be, while still maintaining a DPS option. Taunt can be given a 100% uptime using some form of cooldown reduction. (Chronomancer Qubesly is a good option, but removes the health regen of Prowling/Samantha; Chronomantic Emblem is also an option, but requires the team to have enough DPS to kill everything before you run out of flasks, which is unlikely.)
    ~~ IGN: Spirare ~~
    It was supposed to be pronounced rahr, not rare
    ~~ Main class: Dracolyte | Power Rank: 23,088 | Mastery: 425 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: Trove Wikia | | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 22/40 | 3/3 ~~

It pretty much is okay. Not really top of the line for anything.

But hell, if you wanna farm a huge group of Pinatas then boy do you have a real winner in the dracolyte.
    IGN: LippyLapras | Reddit: LippyLapras | Trove Creations Reddit

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiPh0o_ View Post
    It says 171/171 or 200/200 if you've been farming for exactly an hour. And I never farm more than 20 minutes, I get bored after that x)
    I think I could reach 180 dph if I tried hard but... meh, lazy.
    And yeah, not the fastest farmer (NN, LL and SH are definitely farming faster), but not "slow".

When sample size are too small, the result is inaccurate. At 28 I think the number is still very volatile.

If you are talking about farming gems it is better use gem per hour.

The Dracolyte have fatel bug when using ultimate mode similar to Dino Tamer. I don't know if they fix it or not. Very rarely you are lock into transforming stat and you can't do anything unless you switch class or re-log. Haven't play Dracolyte for very long time so I don't know.
    The m2 skill spit fire. You need to keep an eye on your little dragon in order to know if that skill is charged or not. In Dragon mode it is even worse its view is block by you so you can't really tell it is charged or not. A visual indicator on the skill bar is much better, make that skill on cooldown when it is not charged. Or just change that skill entirely.

7.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #17
    Confirmed we have changes coming for the Dracolyte coming in the next few months.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    Follow me on Twitter!

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

It is best news I heard all year lol.

I main draco and I know the limitations, so this is great to hear
    IGN: AstralWraith

Confirmed we have changes coming for the Dracolyte coming in the next few months.
    Cool, but not the class that needs it the most. oh well.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Mastery: 84,850 | Total Power Rank: 338,783 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 689 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687 | Gem Rerolling Issue | Notes for Returning Players
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

+ Reply to Thread