+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Name Reclaim by Jan 31!

1.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Name Reclaim by Jan 31!

It's a new year, and it's time to clear the dusty shelves of names long unused. These names will be freed up for use by new and active players.

We will release the names of characters that have not logged in for over one year as of January 31, 2018. If you're not sure you've played a character in the last year, don't take the chance - please log into each character whose name you wish to retain at least once before 11:59 PM PST (UTC -8) on January 31, 2018. This will automatically record your character as being active and will keep your existing names in place.

Be assured that we're not deleting CHARACTERS - they'll remain intact, in case their owners wish to play again in the future. If you take no action and come back after the reset, you’ll be prompted to choose new names for your characters when you log in. There is no charge for the automatic rename process.

The name reclaim and release will apply to ArcheAge, RIFT and Trove PC. Trove PS4 and Xbox One are not affected. We are sending emails to all affected accounts, and will also get the word out through this blog, our livestreams and social media. If you have friends who may be affected, please pass it on!

If you have any questions, please post them on this forum thread and we’d be happy to respond.

Hi I made a ticket about a 1 day ago saying that I haven't recieved my credits, I haven't recieved a reply nor any form of communication from trion worlds. I'm hoping to get a faster response by posting on this thread. Sorry if it has no relevance with the OP

3.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #3
    Unfortunately, posting to this thread will not move your ticket faster.
    Our CS folks will get to you as soon as they can!
    Brasse

Alright thanks for the response sorry if I did anything wrong.

Rename

Hi, I would like to know how this works with the free name change.
    Is it only for people who did not connect more than 1 year ago? or can any player have it? and if so, how can I get it?

6.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #6
    Heya MaGnUm,

It is not a free name change for everyone.

Names will be freed up for any character that has not logged in for over a year. If they come back some time after that, they will be asked to choose a new name when they try to enter the game. Chances are their old name may be taken by someone else by that point.

Brasse

Heya, as you said
    "We will release the names of characters that have not logged in for over one year as of January 31, 2018."
    When/where is this list going to be released?
    Thanks a lot :3

Heya again, since there's still no response, Ima ask again.
    Where/when is that name list going to be released?
    Thanks a lot again

Still no response, so ima ask somethin else.
    When exactly is that name reclaim going to take place?
    I'd really like to change my name to something else, but I fear that the name might be taken pretty much just after the reclaim happens.
    And while we're at that, would it somehow be possible to reserve a name? :3
    Thanks o/

10.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn1ngR4g3 View Post
    Heya, as you said
    "We will release the names of characters that have not logged in for over one year as of January 31, 2018."
    When/where is this list going to be released?
    Thanks a lot :3
    Hey sorry, that's confusion over wording. Sorry about that! We'll be "releasing the names" by freeing them up for use again. We won't have an actual list of names that we publish for people to grab.

After January 31st we'll start a tool that will go through the databases and find accounts that have been inactive for the last year to flag them for renames. Any names they once held will be available for new players.

We cannot give a specific minute where any one name will be free. It's a process that will take time. Names in different games will be available at different times.

+ Reply to Thread