+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gem Dust Tradeable in Market Place - Suggestion/Discussion

Gem Dust Tradeable in Market Place - Suggestion/Discussion

Suggesting that Gem Dust be made tradeable in the Market only.

I can't see a reason that Gem Dust is not Tradeable in the Market Place.... I am only suggesting the it be added to the market and NOT made tradeable in Trade Posts....

This would only be adding 3 items to the market which should be manageable. Id still suggest not being able to use it in a Trade Post since that would make it too easy for third party website/fraudsters to sell the dust for "Real Money" off game and trade it via Trade Post in game.

Why do I think this would help Trove?

- Lower level players who had not embarked on the late game gem grind have a way of making flux by selling dust to higher level players

- It would ease SOME of the repetitive grind elements of the late late game by allowing high level character to buy dust in market instead of needing to do constant farming

-Hooray free markets!

Possible Problems.....
    -May encourage alt accounts/bot farming to get MOAR boxes..... ew (I hate that game design has to account for this but its not an ideal world i guess).

-Ultra strong characters that are maxed out/ near max and don't want the dust could get insanely rich which may outweigh the benefits of new players being able to make flux selling dust. (Probably a minor problem?)

-May tip the scales too heavily in favor of folks that spent real money on credit pouches, which they then converted to flux, which is then used to buy straight gem dust. (probably a minor issue since you can use credits on gem booster boxes anyway)

What do you guys think? Is there a good reason to keep it untradeable in the Market?
    What am i missing?
    I almost always have a giveaway going! My Current Active Giveaway is a $25 amazon giftcard!

Trove IGN: PlagueTV (Mastery 320+)
    I stream! Twitch.tv/PlagueTV
    I love Twitter! @Plague_TV

Under Mastery 20? Click this for a free class coin .... and it helps me out too (yay referral codes!)

Instead of Gem dust it should be Gem dust box

thinking more into it think it was like with keys the progression from it could be sped up. those rich enough might e able to just knock out the rest of gems right off the back. given keys use to be tradable but then due to sts being so much focus on progression they made it untradable. again new to mid game players can be able to catch up in some areas. kinda wish theres different currency options for market. there are defiantly people with excessive amounts of gem dust. maybe something with gem dust boxes could be done or crafting dust boxes for really wanting flux from it maybe
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 20/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNoob View Post
    Instead of Gem dust it should be Gem dust box
    Can you elaborate?
    I almost always have a giveaway going! My Current Active Giveaway is a $25 amazon giftcard!

Trove IGN: PlagueTV (Mastery 320+)
    I stream! Twitch.tv/PlagueTV
    I love Twitter! @Plague_TV

Under Mastery 20? Click this for a free class coin .... and it helps me out too (yay referral codes!)

In this case, let them make a new product in the store for credits

This will solve the problem of very unpleasant situations if you make the dust transferable.

+ Reply to Thread