+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Constellated Crocus D:<

Angry Constellated Crocus D:<

Seriously, I feel stupid, I've tried everything, how do you make this grow?!
    /Joinworld Pixel Hubris

Come, visit, leave a prop, stay for the cookies!

Plants need specific colors of lighting to grow. Read the details for the plant and make a guess as to which color it would need. Throw down a colored torch near it.

This is something a little different it reads " needs light, but not too much" and I have tried everything I could think of : covering them up, using torches, changing biomes, even those "mood lights" I'm at a total loss, The other ones are like you said, very self-explanatory. These though, are trying my patience.
    /Joinworld Pixel Hubris

Quote Originally Posted by Onikrex View Post
    Plants need specific colors of lighting to grow. Read the details for the plant and make a guess as to which color it would need. Throw down a colored torch near it.
    oh they need a coloured torch. I always assumed they needed the glowing blocks I learned something! no wonder mine never grew
    In Game Name : FireflyArc

I got it to grow by making a wall 5 high, that went at a right angle, another 5 high. so 5x5 box with two sides missing.

then plant them all inside. the ones closest to the wall fail.
    but the basic crocus spawns 2 away from wall and 3 away.
    the constellated grows where the wall would be if the box was 5x5, though not in all the spaces.

This is both of the corcus types. at least 2 of each type have sprouted.

As for how to reproduce this in a way that isn't super annoying so you can place them in a garden, i have no idea. I am trying to make roofs over plants that area raised off the ground so it won't destroy other plants to grow these, but no luck so far.

Hopefully the plants are super ugly or we are overlooking something.

each time i remove them and replace them, different ones sprout and different ones fail... it is very frustrating.

Torches don't do anything or mood lamps if you are in a cave. growing in a cave near lava, or just with outside light shining in dosn't work.

these things make no sense. who is gonna make that crap wall every time? i am wanting to put these as an undergrowth of a forest, i can't be making monstrosities each time to get them to bloom

Yup, I agree whole-heartedly, it seems like a lot of work to make them grow, but I DO appreciate the info, at least I have a platform to jump off of now, I'll reply if I come up with any more ideas. All the others are pretty self explanatory, this one though Thanks for the info mustard.
    /Joinworld Pixel Hubris

They do look nice.

8.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #8
    Developer
    These are working correctly. They don't require a specific color of light, but they do require an amount of light that isn't absolute darkness nor absolute brightness.

Finding the correct conditions for them to grow is the intended gameplay for these.

Dusty_Mustard has the right idea, but there are simpler and more consistent methods of getting the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Atronos View Post
    Dusty_Mustard has the right idea, but there are simpler and more consistent methods of getting the same result.

Simpler and more consistent.... hmm.

crocus.JPG

4 high with a roof seems to do the trick
    /Joinworld Pixel Hubris

+ Reply to Thread