+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Lucky Chest and Personal Lobby system

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar
    I will also leave it to the developers to make the personal lobby bonuses because the developers will probably want the bonuses their way so I will let them have their way
    DEVELOPERS: You can change the Lucky Chest price to open and drops if you want to. Just please keep the 4 hour open timer, please

I think being able to purchase it with credits is a baaaaad idea, people just blow a hundred dollars, get rich and op, and then everybody that doesnt pay is left in the dust. I also think that the every four hours thing can just be gotten by with afking. I get that it was supposed to reward for effort, but i think it should instead give an open every hundred or so dungeons and every 20 or so pvp games so that people dont just sit around and every four hours just go to your lobby to open the chest. I also think that every day, people should get one free open, and that new players should get a few free opens to help them get to 5k+ pr. That sound good to you?

Quote Originally Posted by The King Of Darkfire View Post
    I think being able to purchase it with credits is a baaaaad idea, people just blow a hundred dollars, get rich and op, and then everybody that doesnt pay is left in the dust. I also think that the every four hours thing can just be gotten by with afking. I get that it was supposed to reward for effort, but i think it should instead give an open every hundred or so dungeons and every 20 or so pvp games so that people dont just sit around and every four hours just go to your lobby to open the chest. I also think that every day, people should get one free open, and that new players should get a few free opens to help them get to 5k+ pr. That sound good to you?
    I agree. Sorry for not responding (I haven't been on forums in a while) :P
    My best ideas: None because players are biased
    Follow me on PlayStation Network! My username is Benji_Yokai.
    Owner of I Wanna Be The BUILDERS club!
    Mastery level: 201 (will no longer be updated)
    I main Lunar Lancer as a Tank DPS class.

Does disconnecting affect the lucky box drop? If I error out at 3 hours and 59 minutes (if not sooner which is way more possible to happen) it would be unfair to me to not get it.

Quote Originally Posted by xWiLdKeePeRx View Post
    Does disconnecting affect the lucky box drop? If I error out at 3 hours and 59 minutes (if not sooner which is way more possible to happen) it would be unfair to me to not get it.
    If you disconnect, the Lucky Chest timer will pause, but not reset. If you were to disconnect at 3 hours and 59 minutes, you would have to wait one more minute to open the Lucky Chest.

560 views? Thanks, guys!

what! are you looking to destroy the market place all together. his idea is great and all but needs perfecting or else golden dragon eggs will cost 100k flux.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakathTheEvil View Post
    what! are you looking to destroy the market place all together. his idea is great and all but needs perfecting or else golden dragon eggs will cost 100k flux.
    True... I should tone down rare drops. The Lucky Chest is a little broken right now, but I will fix it when I can.

This sounds like it has potential. There are ways of getting around the AFK concern too like having different events trigger a continue count within the main time block to keep it going. For example, if one of the following events doesn't occur each 10 minute block, the main timer resets: jump, market activity, weapon fire toggle, and probably add like 2 or 3 more for variety. Also, I would have lesser and greater chests like dragon caches. The lesser would have a variety of lesser prizes, each with it's own unique drop rate. The greater would have like 5-7 really good guaranteed prizes, each with it's own unique drop rate. The greater ones would be crafted with 100 lesser ones, similar to gem boosters, to ensure that a greater prize is only given out for 400 hours of gameplay, with each one of the 100 4-hour blocks of time having been verified every 10 minutes for non-AFK activity.

Quote Originally Posted by qpotential View Post
    This sounds like it has potential. There are ways of getting around the AFK concern too like having different events trigger a continue count within the main time block to keep it going. For example, if one of the following events doesn't occur each 10 minute block, the main timer resets: jump, market activity, weapon fire toggle, and probably add like 2 or 3 more for variety. Also, I would have lesser and greater chests like dragon caches. The lesser would have a variety of lesser prizes, each with it's own unique drop rate. The greater would have like 5-7 really good guaranteed prizes, each with it's own unique drop rate. The greater ones would be crafted with 100 lesser ones, similar to gem boosters, to ensure that a greater prize is only given out for 400 hours of gameplay, with each one of the 100 4-hour blocks of time having been verified every 10 minutes for non-AFK activity.
    This is actually the best idea anyone has given me for the Lucky Chest system. I am going on vacation for Spring Break so I will not be able to update Lucky Chest soon, but I will when I can! Stay awesome!

+ Reply to Thread