+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Lucky Chest and Personal Lobby system

Senior Member TheRealBenjiYokai's Avatar

Lightbulb New Lucky Chest and Personal Lobby system

Hi guys, this is just an idea that I have. I hope you like it! We need some moderators to pass this off to the developers.

EDITS: 12/24/17 EDIT: Reduced open price of the Lucky Chest from 30 credits to 15 credits, so that this game does not become any more Pay-to-Win.
    12/24/17 EDIT: You can now only get Rare drops from the Lucky Chest when you trigger the Karma Bar. The Karma Bar on the Lucky Chest has been reduced to 70. This is so that it is harder to get Rare drops, as they are very awesome. You can still get Very Rare drops without Karma Bar, but it is highly unlikely that that will happen! I also buffed and nerfed some drops from the Common and Uncommon sections of the Lucky Chest. I also added tome drops from the Lucky Chest. 12/27/17 EDIT: Due to the fact that endgame players can make credits real easy (buying credit pouches off Market Place), the Lucky Chest open price shall now be 50 credits. I also removed Glim from the drop table. Common drops are now 50% more likely to happen, to keep players from getting Uncommon drops a lot. Some drops have been nerfed to prevent the Lucky Chest from becoming too overpowered. I also removed the 3 Super Mount Stashes because Golden Chaos Chests were in the drop table. I buffed some Rare drops because you can only get a rare drop when you hit the Karma Bar on the Lucky Chest. I also removed the Ally Awaker drop from the Lucky Chest because you won't gain much mastery from having all allies unlocked. 1/10/10 EDIT: Whenever the Lucky Chest is ready to open, you have to do 25 dungeons or 25 PVP matches. This will prevent players from going AFK to open the chest. You also get one free Lucky Chest per 24 hours. Credits are removed to open Lucky Chest to prevent Pay to Win. 4/18/18 EDIT: Drops have been edited so that the market place will not be damaged any more. (Look at the prices in the current meta!) You also no longer have to hit a karma bar on the Lucky Chest to get a rare drop to compensate for the reduced drop table. All drops have been set to the current Trove RNG. The karma bar has also been removed. You unlock a Karma Bar on the Lucky Chest if you get enough Personal Lobby props. You now unlock the Personal Lobby Crafting Recipe when you get a class to level 10. 4/19/18 EDIT: Some Personal Lobby Prop rewards have been changed. 6/6/18 EDIT: First edit in a long time I significantly reduced common and uncommon drops, and balanced some rare drops.

[4/18/18 Thread update] PERSONAL LOBBY REWARDS ----- Can it be? IT IS!!!!! The rewards for getting props in your Personal Lobby has now been added after almost 4 months! Scroll down to see them!

In order to clear up any confusion, you can only get the Lucky Chest once you have a Personal Lobby.

The Lucky Chest:
    This is a rewards system that rewards players for being online. When you have been on for four hours, yes, four hours straight, you can open the Lucky Chest! When you have been playing for 4 hours, you have to do 25 dungeons or 25 PVP matches to open the Lucky Chest to prevent AFK. If you are on a mag-rider for more than one hour, you must do 30 minutes of no mag-rider or else the Lucky Chest timer resets (to prevent AFK). You also get one free Lucky Chest per day. Sadly, you can't open the Lucky Chest with credits When the Lucky Chest is opened by any method other than being online for four hours, the 4 hour timer does not reset. The Lucky Chest appears in your personal lobby vault, which I will talk about later. Common drops have an extra 50% of being found in the Lucky Chest. Golden keys cannot be used on the Lucky Chest. The Lucky Chest drops are shown below:

Common:
    3 Chaos Chests
    3 Gem Booster Boxes
    2,500 Flux
    5 Dragon Coins
    1 Lesser Dragon Cache
    1 Radiant Soverign
    4 Gem Dust Boxes (dust color is random)
    3 Purifying Dragon Flame
    Uncommon:
    10 Chaos Chests
    10 Gem Booster Boxes
    1 Megaflux Tank
    25 Dragon Coins
    5 Lesser Dragon Caches
    1 Greater Dragon Caches
    2 Empowered Gem Boxes
    3 Shaper's Stars
    5 Troves of Wonder
    3 Day Patron Pass (Not Tradable)
    Random non-legendary tome (can be traded)
    Diamond Dragonite Pouch
    Rare:
    5 Golden Chaos Chests
    Tradable Chaos Factor Coin
    Non-tradable Chaos Factor Coin
    135 Gem Booster Boxes
    100 Megaflux Tanks
    1 Golden Dragon Egg
    100 Dragon Souls (40 for Azulian)
    1 Diamond Dragon Egg
    20 Empowered Gem Boxes
    15 Free Gear Upgrades (Puts a star on any weapon for FREE!)
    100 Troves of Wonder
    1 Month of Patron
    15 Credit Pouches
    15 Diamond Dragonite Pouches
    Random Legendary Tome (non-mastery reward, cannot be traded, if you have all Legendary tomes unlocked you cannot get this drop!)
    Very Rare:
    Mega Chaos Chest
    Mega Dragon Coin
    Mega Flux
    6 Months of Patron
    Mega Pinata
    700 Lucky Chests
    Ultra Rare:
    Hyper Pinata EX Mount (This version of the mount has been modified to give 9999 Mastery Points!)
    It's Raining Mounts!
    Dragon Force (Unlocks ALL dragons)
    1 Year of Patron
    9999 Lucky Chests
    Ultra Sucker Very Rare Ganda Super Rarity:
    123456789 Lucky Chests
    100 Years of Patron
    Ultra Sucker Very Rare Ganda Super Piņata Mount (Gives 12345678987654321 Mastery Points)
    123456789876543212345678987654321 Credit Pouches... All in one stack!
    99999999999999999999 Ganda, the Sky Shepards

If you looked at my edits you may notice that the Lucky Chest no longer has a karma bar!

Personal Lobby System:

With the Personal Lobby System, you can create your own lobby! This is very similar to a Club World, it's just that you can't terraform. To create your own lobby, you need to create a Lobby Card. To create one, you need 5,000 Flux, 40 Golden Souls, 5 Infinity Frames, and 3 Chaos Cores. When you create your lobby, you can name it to whatever you want. In your lobby, you can have up to 10 members in it, but if a person is a member of another lobby, they cannot have their own. Your lobby is only the size of four zones, arranged in a squarish fashion (although the zones aren't squares). You can not terraform anything outside of the zones, you can only terraform the zones provided. If you terraform a zone into the sea of deep regret, you can terraform an extra zone (you still cannot exceed the 4 zone limit though). You can build whatever you want there. You can also build fixtures in the lobby. A fixture unique to the Personal Lobby is the Lobby Vault. You can put whatever you want in there, and it also stores the Lucky Chest.
    The Homeworld Heart system works differently in the Personal Lobby than other club worlds. You get bonuses in the Personal Lobby for more homeworld hearts. For example, if you have 10 props, you get a bonus 5% Magic Find. When you reach 100 Props, you gain an extra zone you can terraform. The same goes for 250 Props, 500 Props, 750 Props, 1,000 Props, 2,500 Props, 5,000 Props, 7,500 Props, 10,000 Props, and so forth. I have not decided the other bonuses for props, but if you would like to add some, comment down below!
    Finally, there will be a portal in the Hub World that will allow you to teleport to your lobby, so that you will not have to take up a Club Channel. In the Club Building of the Hub World, there should be a floor that is dedicated to lobbies.

Personal Lobby Prop Rewards:

1 Prop - Special 'Homeworld Heart' hat style (worth 50 Mastery points)
    5 Props - +1% Damage
    10 Props - +5% Magic Find
    25 Props - Special 'Companion Cube' hat style (worth 50 Mastery Points)
    50 Props - GIANT Homeworld Heart Framework
    75 Props - +5% Damage
    100 Props - Tome: Teach yourself to build (gives 250 of each Primal Block when filled with experience, can trigger multiple times per week)
    250 Props - Ally: Love Dragonling (+10 Magic Find, +10% Damage, Chance to ignite enemies, 50 Mastery) An extra zone in your lobby is able to be terraformed
    300 Props - Special 'Love Dragoncrown' Hat style, gives 50 Mastery points
    350 Props - Mount: Love Dragon Fledgling (90 movement speed, 100 Mastery)
    400 Props - Wings: True Love's Wings (95 Movement Speed, 100 Glide, 100 Mastery)
    450 Props - Tome: Builder's Handbook (gives 500 of each Primal Block when filled with experience, can trigger multiple times per week)
    500 Props - Mount: Love Dragon (90 Movement Speed, 95 Glide, 150 Mastery) An extra zone in your lobby is able to be terraformed. The Lucky Chest now has a Karma Bar.
    550 Props - GIANT Companion Cube Framework
    600 Props - +15% Damage
    650 Props: +100 Magic Find
    700 Props: Special 'Heart' Face Style (50 Mastery Points)
    750 Props: Lover's Arsenal (a bunch of Love Weapon Styles) An extra zone is able to be terraformed in your lobby.
    800 Props: Tattered Love Wings (100 Movement Speed, 100 Flight Speed, 100 Mastery)
    850 Props: Aura: Darkened Love (100 Mastery Points)
    900 Props: Tome: Master Builder's Manuscript (gives 1,000 of each Primal Block when filled with experience, can trigger multiple times per week)
    950 Props: Mount: Luvacio, Love's Forthcoming (90 Movement Speed, 95 Glide, shoots fireballs, leaves a trail of Tough Love VFX when gliding, fireballs leave behind a trail of VFX when shot, fireballs explode into Tough Love VFX, 250 Mastery)
    975 Props: Costume: Luvacio Disciple (75 Mastery, affects all classes, meaning you get a lot more than 75 Mastery!)
    999 Props: Ally: Homeworld Heart (10% Damage, +200 Magic Find, 7 Superstition, giant red heart fades away to stone if enemies are nearby, 100 Mastery Points)
    1,000 Props: The Lucky Chest now has a Karma Bar that requires 45 openings to trigger, and the Lucky Chest now only requires 2 hours to open. An extra zone in your Personal Lobby is able to be terraformed.

Those are all of the prop rewards I have made currently. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

If you would like to add anything to this idea, please comment the idea down below.
    SPECIAL THANKS: Fasti for passing this on to the developers when they come back on January 2nd, 2018!
    If you are a moderator, please pass this on to the developers. Thanks!
    P.S. Remember to suggest any changes. I feel that I should be more specific about the buffs granted by props in the Personal Lobby. Since there will be a lot of rewards, I will put them in another thread.
    LOL I just added the Personal Lobby Prop rewards! And I did it without the creation of a new thread! YAY!
    Thanks for reading this, and as always, stay awesome

EDIT 5/7/18: I balanced some Personal Lobby Prop Rewards and added some Lucky Chest drops
    ##############
    #PSN: Benji_Yokai#
    ##############
    It's pronounced yoh-KAI, not yoh-ki (a common misconception)

If you happen to be reading my posts, I quit Trove
    I will still be lurking on the forums to see if things have changed, I still have hope

Great idea

I for one would second the lucky chest idea but maybe think of reducing the price to open it, eventually people will run out of credits and will be forced to buy them.

You might want to take credits to buy it out of the idea, because then people can just p2w themselves into all the dragons, allies, and other stuff. Also, having the same amount of glim as flux would be a bad idea, glim is worth way less than flux and aint even really a currency anymore. Plus, with the ally unlocker thing, what about event allies or promo allies? They shouldn't be in it.

4.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #4
    The dev team is out of the office until January 2, but I've noted the idea down to share with them when they're back. We always appreciate suggestions. Happy holidays!

Talking I|Thank You|I

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    The dev team is out of the office until January 2, but I've noted the idea down to share with them when they're back. We always appreciate suggestions. Happy holidays!
    I really appreciate you passing this off to the developers when they get back. This is honestly the best idea I have ever had, and I think that it will make the game better. The only thing that I ask is that I want to be credited for the lobby system and the Lucky Chest. Thanks!
    P.S. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
    And as always, stay awesome
    ##############
    ##############

I will still be lurking on the forums to see if things have changed, I still have hope

Quote Originally Posted by The King Of Darkfire View Post
    You might want to take credits to buy it out of the idea, because then people can just p2w themselves into all the dragons, allies, and other stuff. Also, having the same amount of glim as flux would be a bad idea, glim is worth way less than flux and aint even really a currency anymore. Plus, with the ally unlocker thing, what about event allies or promo allies? They shouldn't be in it.
    I decreased the amount of Credits required to instant open the Lucky Chest, as it was requested a lot. I also increased some of the Glim drops and kept Flux drops the same so they would be higher than Flux, and on some drops, I kept Glim the same and nerfed Flux drops. Thanks for requesting that! I DO think, however, that Event and Promo allies should be in the Ally Awaker item, as that is what they did with the Promo and Event mounts in It's Raining Mounts! item in the Golden Ticket Chest. I DO appreciate people like you pitching in ideas like this, and with people like you, Trove will become a better place. Stay awesome!
    ##############
    ##############

Guys I am trying to keep the Lucky Chest balanced so that the developers will want to add it into the game. I will also add a list of bonuses for the Personal Lobby props. Remember, if you want me to change stuff, comment down below. Stay awesome!
    ##############
    ##############

I'm thinking those rewards are a little too good for something that you can get every 4 hours. Unless they made uncommon+ pretty rare.

Also, you have to make the cost to open it consistent with the amount of time you're saving or else everyone would default to the cheap option (paying to open). You can make 250 credits every 2 hours from farming flux very easily, using the laziest flux farming methods, so with a slight discount the cost should be at least 400 to open, and at that price it would still be a bargain for most people. Granted something like this would drive up the price of credits so it might take longer.

Quote Originally Posted by iAndy View Post
    I'm thinking those rewards are a little too good for something that you can get every 4 hours. Unless they made uncommon+ pretty rare.

Also, you have to make the cost to open it consistent with the amount of time you're saving or else everyone would default to the cheap option (paying to open). You can make 250 credits every 2 hours from farming flux very easily, using the laziest flux farming methods, so with a slight discount the cost should be at least 400 to open, and at that price it would still be a bargain for most people. Granted something like this would drive up the price of credits so it might take longer.
    I see your point. Will update the Lucky Chest price
    ##############
    ##############

In case you are wondering what the edits were and you didn't notice them at the top, here is a list:
    EDITS: 12/24/17 EDIT: Reduced open price of the Lucky Chest from 30 credits to 15 credits, so that this game does not become any more Pay-to-Win.
    12/24/17 EDIT: You can now only get Rare drops from the Lucky Chest when you trigger the Karma Bar. The Karma Bar on the Lucky Chest has been reduced to 70. This is so that it is harder to get Rare drops, as they are very awesome. You can still get Very Rare drops without Karma Bar, but it is highly unlikely that that will happen! I also buffed and nerfed some drops from the Common and Uncommon sections of the Lucky Chest. I also added tome drops from the Lucky Chest.
    12/27/17 EDIT: Due to the fact that endgame players can make credits real easy (buying credit pouches off Market Place), the Lucky Chest open price shall now be 50 credits. I also removed Glim from the drop table. Common drops are now 50% more likely to happen, to keep players from getting Uncommon drops a lot. Some drops have been nerfed to prevent the Lucky Chest from becoming too overpowered. I also removed the 3 Super Mount Stashes because Golden Chaos Chests were in the drop table. I buffed some Rare drops because you can only get a rare drop when you hit the Karma Bar on the Lucky Chest. I also removed the Ally Awaker drop from the Lucky Chest because you won't gain much mastery from having all allies unlocked.
    ##############
    ##############

+ Reply to Thread