+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Doubt about DPS Coeff and Maximum Health Coeff

Can I ask a few things about that piffel?

I put my numbers in, everything seems about right (mastery below 300), the crits I get in game is the same I get in there. But on the damage coeff NaNKSh (NaN) and nothing appears on Stat to Focus. Is this normal? I suppose for SH just multiply the crit value on blitz by 12 but still...

Also, when I click on hard, it enables the 1,2,3 to change the bonus you get if more players are the same class. But when I click on ultra the numbers are grayed out. Do you not get or lose the bonus damage on ultra anymore based on numbers of same class players?

Quote Originally Posted by Tubsss View Post
    Can I ask a few things about that piffel?

I put my numbers in, everything seems about right (mastery below 300), the crits I get in game is the same I get in there. But on the damage coeff NaNKSh (NaN) and nothing appears on Stat to Focus. Is this normal? I suppose for SH just multiply the crit value on blitz by 12 but still...

Also, when I click on hard, it enables the 1,2,3 to change the bonus you get if more players are the same class. But when I click on ultra the numbers are grayed out. Do you not get or lose the bonus damage on ultra anymore based on numbers of same class players?
    Don't use , you have to use . that's why you are getting NaNKSh

Mastery on Pfiffel website is using the old formula of 1 mastery point gives 0.2% damage. Current Mastery only gives 0.15% per level. Keep mastery at 0 and use ally for total PD/MD% ur getting, it shows total % ur getting in game.

Also click both hard and ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctech View Post
    It is not more accurate because it doesn't show you all of the digits. It is easy to notice this when you multiply the base by the bonus and realize you need some decimal amount added to the base. My calculations also work with my own stats.

For example, my base md is shown as 126305 and final md is 271494. My mastery level is 533, but it displays the bonus rounded up to 115.0%. The correct value is 114.95%. If you use the stat sheet, you get 126305 * 2.11495 = 271492.5975, which is incorrect. My calculation for the base md is 126305.948, so the final md is 271494.635226, which is correct since the stat sheet doesn't display the rest of the digits.
    I know about the mastery rounding in character stats in game... btw where are you getting 3 decimal numbers from for base MD? i'd understand 1 decimal since empowered MD boost with DD is 4106.3

Question: What does it show in game for total MD? 271494, 271493 or 271492 for you in game?

If it shows 271494 then... 2nd Question: Did you test damage numbers if they match the 271494.xxxx?

Also what would the total MD for 5/4/10/8 be then

Quote Originally Posted by Novuhz View Post
    I know about the mastery rounding in character stats in game... btw where are you getting 3 decimal numbers from for base MD? i'd understand 1 decimal since empowered MD boost with DD is 4106.3

Question: What does it show in game for total MD? 271494, 271493 or 271492 for you in game?

If it shows 271494 then... 2nd Question: Did you test damage numbers if they match the 271494.xxxx?

Also what would the total MD for 5/4/10/8 be then
    1 major boost = 266.66 pr worth of stats. So 266.66 pr of MD = 266.66 * 14 = 3733.24 and if you multiply by the primordial dragon bonus, you get 3733.24 * 1.1 = 4106.564 (3 decimal places).

271494 is shown in game. I didn't test damage numbers because there are 2 unknowns: md decimal and cd decimal. I also don't know if they do any rounding before damage calculation. I'm not sure how they round after the damage calculation either. There are also unknowns for any other rounding they do for gems, gear, dragons, base stats, etc. It is probably possible to figure it out with a lot of testing, but I don't want to spend time on that. It is possible that I need to subtract somewhere between 1.19 to 1.3 md to account for rounding or maybe it is scaled. It is even harder to figure out when the decimals for cd are unknown. Maybe I should subtract somewhere between 0.019 to 0.022 cd to account for rounding.

The total MD for 5/4/10/8 depends on the mastery level. For 530 mastery, I get 274200.73824, which will be shown as 274200 in game.
    IGN: Architect
    Referral Code: YNCGF39PMZK2N6HZPJCQ

Novuhz and Arctech, thanks for the response. I'll wait for the guide on Trovesaurus. Besides that, you need to do maths on the MH calculation to determine the MH or MH% on last gem and the total MH? I know MH will be easier because is just a balance of a flat and a % stat.
    IGN: Larkian
    Mastery: 444 (56.026 points) (rank: 1995)
    Lvl 30 Gunslinger PR: 21.289
    Lvl 30 Neon Ninja PR: 20.563
    Dragons: 24/38 /// 0/3
    Refered: 10/30
    If you are less than Mastery 20 and want a Class Coin you can use this Referal link or this code 36X3DWMHPRGZPPCPK7EE at trionworlds.com/trove/store/redeem/
    PM me ingame for some help either you referred or not.

My simulator is still the most accurate estimate you are going to get outside of Trove. I did make some adjustments based on Novuhz findings a few weeks ago. The problem is your damage is not a whole number and neither is your bonus or your CD or anything else. So when you put in whole numbers, it's going to do the best job it can based on information that is slightly off. The simulator will work for ALL classes, even those with extra bonuses like CB and BR.

The fact of the matter is, you honestly just don't need to worry about a few hundred coefficiency. This is why when I first worked on the mod with TheSymbol, we rounded to the million with 3 decimals after. It was "close enough". Unfortunately people want to eek out every last digit and that simply is not possible until we can see every last decimal reported. If you are really that worried about a few hundred extra coefficiency, I recommend getting outside some.

As far as MH goes, I did a TON of testing on PTS with MH and MH% with both Rev and TR. I can tell you it is not worth it on Rev. You want a PD strong Rev. It's fun on TR, you are basically unkillable with over 18 million health. But you do pretty much no damage so it's all rather pointless.

If you do insist on going down the MH + MH% road, you want an even amount of each. There is no distinct advantage in stacking all boosts into MH% vs MH.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Summer Haas, so how should be the gems on Rev and how much MH should it have to be good? I was looking to get PD/MH/MH% on every gem with even rolls into MH and MH%. Should I build PD/CH/MH-MH% and then replace CH with CD when at 100% CH? How about the 2nd ability that scale with HP and the gem Spirit Surge that scale with MH too? It's outscaled by a semitank Rev?
    IGN: Larkian
    Mastery: 444 (56.026 points) (rank: 1995)
    Lvl 30 Gunslinger PR: 21.289
    Lvl 30 Neon Ninja PR: 20.563
    Dragons: 24/38 /// 0/3
    Refered: 10/30
    If you are less than Mastery 20 and want a Class Coin you can use this Referal link or this code 36X3DWMHPRGZPPCPK7EE at trionworlds.com/trove/store/redeem/
    PM me ingame for some help either you referred or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkenn View Post
    Summer Haas, so how should be the gems on Rev and how much MH should it have to be good? I was looking to get PD/MH/MH% on every gem with even rolls into MH and MH%. Should I build PD/CH/MH-MH% and then replace CH with CD when at 100% CH? How about the 2nd ability that scale with HP and the gem Spirit Surge that scale with MH too? It's outscaled by a semitank Rev?
    Forget about MH on Rev entirely. It's no where even close to as good as a PD/CD/CH build with class gem. The MH does not scale like PD does. MH is only good up until you get your class gem, after 5000 PR, you want to go all in on PD/CD. Once you hit 100% CH, then swap that with MH if you want.

IGN: SummerHaas Discord: Summer#9392 Laezaria Leadership Team
    Chaos Chests & Other Useful Info | Forging Calculator | Tomes Calculator | YouTube | Trovesaurus Profile
    Free Class Coin for new players Enter code: D2Z7K6TQX6ZE3PNF66GE

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
    My simulator is still the most accurate estimate you are going to get outside of Trove. I did make some adjustments based on Novuhz findings a few weeks ago. The problem is your damage is not a whole number and neither is your bonus or your CD or anything else. So when you put in whole numbers, it's going to do the best job it can based on information that is slightly off. The simulator will work for ALL classes, even those with extra bonuses like CB and BR.

The fact of the matter is, you honestly just don't need to worry about a few hundred coefficiency. This is why when I first worked on the mod with TheSymbol, we rounded to the million with 3 decimals after. It was "close enough". Unfortunately people want to eek out every last digit and that simply is not possible until we can see every last decimal reported. If you are really that worried about a few hundred extra coefficiency, I recommend getting outside some.

As far as MH goes, I did a TON of testing on PTS with MH and MH% with both Rev and TR. I can tell you it is not worth it on Rev. You want a PD strong Rev. It's fun on TR, you are basically unkillable with over 18 million health. But you do pretty much no damage so it's all rather pointless.

If you do insist on going down the MH + MH% road, you want an even amount of each. There is no distinct advantage in stacking all boosts into MH% vs MH.
    Being able to calculate a more accurate coefficient is not unfortunate. You shouldn't assume people are worried about accuracy nor indicate that they should go outside some for that reason. It was very easy for me to come up with more accurate values, and it involved a few simple calculations based on 2 observations: a comparison of my final md (after buffs) to my base md, and observing the range of values that cd could fall between for the damage value of the ally: evil eye. Determining the value of the major boost was also a trivial calculation based on inputting 266.66 pr versus 266.661 pr for the major boost of an empowered gem with 3 boosts to md. Basically, it only takes me a few minutes to accomplish a more accurate coefficient, so I don't see why it is unfortunate. Generating a top 10 list is also easy for me because I wrote a program that quickly does it for me. I like to apply my knowledge of mathematics and computer science to the games I play.

The point of my responses in this thread is to defend against what Novuhz said: "The link is outdated and was not correct back then as well." If Novuhz wants to know a more accurate way to calculate the coefficient, then he is free to do so. I will not judge Novuhz, but I will share my findings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkenn View Post
    Novuhz and Arctech, thanks for the response. I'll wait for the guide on Trovesaurus. Besides that, you need to do maths on the MH calculation to determine the MH or MH% on last gem and the total MH? I know MH will be easier because is just a balance of a flat and a % stat.
    For now, I can give you a formula to help you figure it out. As usual, you want to look at the base health on your stat sheet. Health is maximized when MH = 100 * (%MH + 100) when PR remains constant. For example, 20000 MH and 100 %MH is an optimal balance.

I'm not sure if I will do a guide on Trovesaurus, which is why I said "maybe". I'm still enjoying my vacation doing other things, but I will decide what to do in January.

Edit: Fixed incorrect equation for maximizing health.
    IGN: Architect
    Referral Code: YNCGF39PMZK2N6HZPJCQ

Quote Originally Posted by Arctech View Post
    The point of my responses in this thread is to defend against what Novuhz said: "The link is outdated and was not correct back then as well." If Novuhz wants to know a more accurate way to calculate the coefficient, then he is free to do so. I will not judge Novuhz, but I will share my findings.
    Because your numbers never matched with coeff trove mod/pfiffel website/summer website.

People using the coeff mod in game will be wondering why the numbers never match your list. But now I understand where you were getting the other decimal numbers, you were getting stat numbers from PR it self and not what the number in a gem displayed in game.

Still I want a test damage number in game if it's actually matching with ur calculations. xD if it doesn't match then ur calculation are not right as well. Anyways doesn't matter anymore. We are going way too deep into calculations, better just use stat numbers in game shown by the game it self.

+ Reply to Thread