+ Reply to Thread

Thread: discussion about the dragons

discussion about the dragons

the dragons are mounts that can fly, but it's not worth to use them because they fly slower than the most part of the wings(wings have 100 movement speed and dragons have 95 movement speed), ancient, legendary and others types of dragons above can shoots fireballs that are like free bombs, it would be the only thing to make me use them, but these fireballs are very hard to use, you can only use them while flying and you can't choose where you want to shoot the fireball using the mouse like in ships, and the fireball explosion area is very short, it's not worth using the dragons comparing to wings, they only serves to get ores while flying, but it's still hard and annoying to do, so i wish that the trove team could buff the dragons or we can't use them, the only reason to get the dragons are only for the stats and for mastery, but we want to use our dragons too, and we can't use them if they're almost useless

Everything flies at 110 if you use the Fae subclass. Otherwise, it's a trade-off for getting to use mini bombs that cost nothing while flying vs the 5 higher movement speed of wings.

What are you talking about?

Everyone uses dragons. Literally 95% of the people I see farming dungeons and even on STs are using dragons. There´s so much I want to say I´ll have to create a list
    - Air primordial dragon gives 110 movespeed, and to everyone around too
    - Avoiding the hassle of mounting everytime you land
    - Fireballs go much farter than bombs, if you think is short and not worth it for dungeons I´m sorry to say you suck at using it. Experienced players can use them to enter a lot of dungeons without slowing down for bombs
    - And finally, do you know what balance is? Because what you´re asking is to have one option be greater than others in everyway. Mounts are basically cosmetics and sure, ones will be better than others, but there´s no point in forcing this even more.

Just choose a mount you like and a wing you like if you don´t like using dragons, but most people do. I myself use dragons most of the time or some other mount that also double was wings like that trance sphere, simply because I hate losing speed when I land and having to remount.

I don't think that you really understand the stats that you are looking at. If you have a hard look at the tool tips, almost all of the gliding mounts (Dragons, Phoenix, Rockets... etc) and the wings "fly" at the same speed. The air primordial is one exception.

I have little difficulty in using the dragons to enter a dungeon. My preference is the Fire Primordial (Zahadeen?) as it shoots faster but smaller fireballs than the rest. I think that with time and experience you will find that the dragons are a good way to quickly enter the dungeons.

Note: I prefer the Turtle tank for mining. Yes, I know it moves slower...etc, but so what, that is what I like when I'm farming for bomb making materials.

Dragons can also be used to switch between a 'wings' option and the mount option, making them a little more agile...

prior to this week my fae wasn't 30 yet and the subclass didn't affect the dragons Wings Movement Speed (read 95 on the stats page while flying) so I settled on the air primordial for all my classes, I've since checked and that subclass perk does extend to dragons opening up 110 speed for all that use the Fae subclass.

should this be reported? was it recently fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    prior to this week my fae wasn't 30 yet and the subclass didn't affect the dragons Wings Movement Speed (read 95 on the stats page while flying) so I settled on the air primordial for all my classes, I've since checked and that subclass perk does extend to dragons opening up 110 speed for all that use the Fae subclass.

should this be reported? was it recently fixed?
    Fae subclass only does not affect Fire primordial dragon's gliding speed, as same as Knight subclass does not affect Tank Turtle's ground speed . Not sure it is working as intended or a bug, though I did report this before.

+ Reply to Thread