+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fixing the Draco + flux

Exclamation Fixing the Draco + flux

Hey folks,

I love playing the Draco, but the biggest issue with him is the RNG based around his dragonlings. My suggestion for balance is to make the dragonlings have a 100% spawn rate, but unable to heal. I would love it if you removed the 6 dragonling cap, but I understand that would make him too good.

The other issue with the game is the fact that flux is too hard to get without playing the market. The nerf to titan's treasures really hurt people who can't or don't want to play the market.

Especially with the update to mastery, if I want to get to 450 mastery rank from 420, it'll take me about 10 million flux to obtain collectibles from chaos crafter, etc...

The only conceivable way of making this amount of money is playing the market or spending paychecks on Trove. Most drops are near worthless and requires days of constant grinding to make any measure of flux. I'm missing most of my costumes too, it costs 200k+ in credits in order to get some, this is something a change with credits did and it never recovered to make it easier to get these costumes.

1 post dec 2017 account talking about TT nerfs..

so how much did you stand to make each week from titan treasures, across how many alts?

I happen to have 4,200 magic find, as f2p player. I've found non-patron cuts the shadow trash value in half, radiant/stellars probably not worth mentioning.

The problem at hand is...

Pre TT nerf: Trove's economy has a **** ton of flux. Hundreds of accounts running 30+ alt accounts bringing in a good majority of flux. The people in these situations were racking in 25-30x as much flux as a normal person.

Post TT nerf: We've cut the head of 90% of the incoming flux. We put in some flux sinks and a good amount of flux left the game, but it didn't really drain the massive amount of flux we let into the game for over a year now.

Apocalyptic Times: The demand for all the items are based on the top tier players willing to buy them. Top tier players have 30x as much flux as anyone else. The game has been given to the top tier players, credit prices and most collectables are based on how much top tier players are willing to pay for them. If you aren't a top tier player before the update, we'll you've been poop before and now you really have no power.

Quote Originally Posted by Cytosine View Post
    Pre TT nerf: ... running 30+ alt accounts bringing in a good majority of flux.
    TTs sold for 5K on the marekt due to their avg value and say you could solo old ultra .. 5 TT's, 25K flux on the market, times 30 alts, 750K flux .. on a weekly time-gated basis?

Doesn't seem like a lot in todays economy, but let's roll that back to just 1 account, 25K a week for TT's for an avg person.. 25k? a week? You should be able to match that with the flux items in 5hrs of dungeons, if you invested in MF [like I hoped would pay off], you could make double that in half the time from trash alone.

It would be great if TT wasn't crippled, yay more flux, but other methods outpace it for .. yes, more work.

Apocalyptic Times: The demand for all the items are based on the top tier players willing to buy them.
    The rng can be so gross that the reward can be only paid by the rich, we're seeing talismans drop in value on the market because more people get them now for example.

I'm looking at the same mastery value menu you are, closing in at 400MR, and the chaos crafter has the cheapest options compared to whats left on the market but the requirements for the +.% buff increases and really, shouldn't only top players be going past this point anyway?

Maybe I'll feel differently when my 40 days of gembox farming is over (to max one class) and stop acquiring this flux passively.

Lunar,

I was talking about how much flux was entering into the game not how much flux was being made by TT. TT sold for about 8k and the average value post TT buff was about 7500 flux per TT when opening. It's important to understand this because with so much flux into the game, everything is inflated. Trove decided to rely heavily on credits and credit prices are directly proportional to the amount of flux into the game. Not only that, but I have a strong suspicion only a few select items are responsible for credit prices and most other items are not worth buying with tradable credits (costumes)

Second of all, this can be done on top of almost any other money making method. This isn't a you can either do this or that type of thing.

I'll give you a challenge. I will give you 100k flux towards your mastery goal if you can achieve it. Bring 750k flux into the game this week (I'm not talking about making flux from the market, that's not bringing flux into the game, I'm talking about loot collecting and any other method you know of that brings flux into the game.

I was talking about how much flux was entering into the game not how much flux was being made by TT. TT sold for about 8k and the average value post TT buff was about 7500 flux per TT when opening.
    Looking at the history
    http://trove.wikia.com/wiki/Titan%27...action=history

"4500 / 8000 / 9999" was before I got here, "1500 / 2500 / 4500 / 8000 / 9999" were the commons when I got around to ST, bringing the averages down. I remember people buying golden keys and opening their TTs for tanks days prior to the second nerf. (imo counting on the uncommons/rares doesn't count when it took 14 weeks minimum for a single person to hit karma bar)

this can be done on top of almost any other money making method. This isn't a you can either do this or that type of thing.
    the ease led to its focus to be farmed, I didn't think the their value nerf was necessary when ultra was buffed plus the key requirement.

I'll give you a challenge. ... Bring 750k flux into the game ... I'm talking about loot collecting and any other method you know of ...
    You can keep your flux, my previous post with the breakdown didn't spell it out so going off of it...
    11.8 avg stellars, 2.5 ea, 29.5K
    9.3 avg radiants, 1.2 ea, 11.16K
    47.6K in shadow trash
    5K crystals, 4.8K relics, 2.6K artifacts

That's 100.66K pure flux already for my average day (2.5hrs), however I don't disgaree that getting to that MF point is not for the avg player in the short-term.

Short-term gains are via dragons, everyone you see on a boat in drowned U9 knows this, it continues to be the biggest source of flux for some.

While we're on the subject.. 2.5hrs, 12.4K flux items + quater of shadow trash (11.9K), ~24K pure flux vs finding U9 dragons.

Now, I know I've found 16 dragons on a daily basis (for weeks) within that time frame before I got to a higher MF point, that's 32K flux so a slight improvement above what a guessed avg player might get from dungeons.

Can we get that lower player cap in drowned worlds now pls? I [speculated] proved the acquisition of flux items via dungeons doesn't match whats available. With the path of least resistance, totally proven by the hordes still pirrot farming atm, you have to give them a better option or the behavoir continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    Looking at the history
    http://trove.wikia.com/wiki/Titan%27...action=history

"4500 / 8000 / 9999" was before I got here, "1500 / 2500 / 4500 / 8000 / 9999" were the commons when I got around to ST, bringing the averages down. I remember people buying golden keys and opening their TTs for tanks days prior to the second nerf. (imo counting on the uncommons/rares doesn't count when it took 14 weeks minimum for a single person to hit karma bar)

the ease led to its focus to be farmed, I didn't think the their value nerf was necessary when ultra was buffed plus the key requirement.

You can keep your flux, my previous post with the breakdown didn't spell it out so going off of it...
    11.8 avg stellars, 2.5 ea, 29.5K
    9.3 avg radiants, 1.2 ea, 11.16K
    47.6K in shadow trash
    5K crystals, 4.8K relics, 2.6K artifacts

That's 100.66K pure flux already for my average day (2.5hrs), however I don't disgaree that getting to that MF point is not for the avg player in the short-term.

Short-term gains are via dragons, everyone you see on a boat in drowned U9 knows this, it continues to be the biggest source of flux for some.

While we're on the subject.. 2.5hrs, 12.4K flux items + quater of shadow trash (11.9K), ~24K pure flux vs finding U9 dragons.

Now, I know I've found 16 dragons on a daily basis (for weeks) within that time frame before I got to a higher MF point, that's 32K flux so a slight improvement above what a guessed avg player might get from dungeons.

Can we get that lower player cap in drowned worlds now pls? I [speculated] proved the acquisition of flux items via dungeons doesn't match whats available. With the path of least resistance, totally proven by the hordes still pirrot farming atm, you have to give them a better option or the behavoir continues.
    Very insightful post. Thank-you

Here's a Peek (imgur, big image) at my own situtation, before having to spend 1K pure flux per mastery point.

Even if costumes were on sale they're well above that threshold, but as you can tell that's where mastery is concentrated. It always has according to old 'fast mastery' guides, f2p's [like myself] got credit pouches now atleast.

So yeah, I agree, we need moar flux to pay for things :P

For your consideration, my patron ran out today so I did my usual gembox run without it to comapre to

4,236 mf (green) vs 2,118 mf (white) so far.
    (old history before expanding parameters, and better note taking)

+ Reply to Thread