+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dev Stream said they'd nerf Fae. Why not the others?

Dev Stream said they'd nerf Fae. Why not the others?

(NOTE: They mentioned nerfing the glitterbomb in PvP, not nerfing the class as a whole.)

If they do any balancing for PvP I hope it only applies to PvP and not PvE. Changing a class because they perform well in PvP sucks. Only like a tenth of the playerbase enjoys PvP. (Me included) If they nerf Fae glitterbomb then please also nerf....

Chronomatic Candy Barbarian. Having an ult up every time you see him is ridiculous as it's a one shot. Also hugely luck dependent so sometimes your whole team dies to 3 ults in a row.

Chronomatic Ice Sage. Same as Candy Barbarian. Ice Sage ult is a guaranteed kill pretty much and chrono powers lets the ice sage have it all the time basically. It's ALSO luck dependent. That's not cool for a PvP gamemode, even if it's casual.

Juggernaut Revenant Ult. The revenant can pull your whole team in, guaranteeing death and letting him get out scott free because he's invincible? GREAT. This one is so frustrating, nerf it.

Chronomatic Pirate Captain. Pirate Captain ult is ridiculous in the first place. Basically one shots anything that's not a tank. Now you're telling me it gets to have up to 3 ults down, or even more? I've gotten 30 kills with this in a 5 minute game with 15 sec respawns. Easily worse than Fae bombs.

Knight (1) dash stunlock. This is like fae bomb stunlock amped up. It's more powerful, costs less, stuns for longer, has a huge hitbox, and no cooldown. If they nerf Fae I'm switching to this and resuming stunlocks without skipping a beat.

Dinotamer net. The way the dmg is calculated was designed for PvE not PvP, so it ends up dealing upwards of 60k dmg on magic classes. (half of the characters!) It's a 4 second cooldown, super easy to land, and it guaranteed death if you touch it. On top of that he doesn't even have energy so he can spam jump and be near unhittable.

For real, if they set a precedent by nerfing something because of its strength in PvP then they better nerf all of these as well.

You can dodge cbs alt pretty easily. Ice sage, don't know much about it so I won't say anything about it. Revs alt is useless, all it does is lure you in, I've got stuck plenty of times with it and I don't get what u mean by "guarantees death because I never die to him. Pirate captain I'll agree with you is broken. Don't think anyone uses knight in pvp or barely anyone. And for dinotamer, if he missed he first one hes dead because 4 seconds is enough to kill someone.

You can dodge CB ult but a good one is sneaky about it. Facing a CB who actually has a brain is killer, read only like 1 in 100 CB's. Having a one shot ability up all the time is what's broken.

Ice Sage ult is the one that freezes you. Once again a sneaky ice sage or a very aggressive one can easily get you with zero chance of escape. They can even run faster than other classes and slow you down so it's extra bad. One shot ko and it gets it all the time, broken.

Revenant Ult with the invincible powerup is what makes it broken. He pulls people in then spams his strongest abilities for free since he can take ZERO dmg. Be glad you've never seen a good Revenant, It can wipe a whole team out if used at the beginning of a match. Broken.

Pirate is ridiculous, glad you're not so contrarian that you'd disagree with even that.

I'm starting to see at least a Knight a game and they all stunlock ko people in 2-3 hits. With no cooldown and a cheap energy cost. And with a full heal ult that makes them nigh unkillable for 10 seconds. That can be spammed with sniper banner.

Even if Dinotamer misses it's not like he's in melee range. I don't know what kind of convoluted situation you're imagining but when a dinotamer hits me he's across the map on some high building just spamming a net every 4 seconds. Even in melee range he can just jump and roll all he wants since he doesn't have to worry about energy.

A class could have a button that kills literally every other player in the game instantly no matter the range and it'd still be broken even if the player was too dumb to hit it. You could write up situations where people suck but the abilities are still broken AND luck dependent which makes them even worse. Thanks for the reply but we have extremely differing opinions.

Would be expecting more pvp nerfs in future when they try to balance it more for sure. Given some quest are 3 pvp matches. Most of the kills come from ults so maybe shorter or less damage from those
    ( 'v') <(if under 20 mastery and want class coin) 20/30 ( 'v')<(forum image upload help) ( 'v')<(returning player info) ( 'v')<(if game bug report it and if brakes bad submit ticket) ( 'v')<( trove giveaways occasionally happen here but more frequent in Trovsaurus)

Seems like you are mostly frustrated with one hit kill moves regardless of which class. Instead of nerfing a bunch of classes down my suggestion would be to double or triple the HP of all classes in PvP and then lengthen the cool downs for death respawns.

This hopefully removes the one hit kill situations, fights would last longer and ability cooldowns would be more relevant since the length of the fighting between characters would be extended and using abilities more than once in an engagement would occur.

The stun locking is a different issue but i think having more HP and therefore extending the fights out longer gives your teammates a chance to come rescue you from a stun lock situation before you are killed.

The longer respawn timer would make death more detrimental to your team, this seems fair since we are effectively making it harder to die.

Would that fix alot of the issues?
    I almost always have a giveaway going! My Current Active Giveaway is a $25 amazon giftcard!

Trove IGN: PlagueTV (Mastery 320+)
    I stream! Twitch.tv/PlagueTV
    I love Twitter! @Plague_TV

Under Mastery 20? Click this for a free class coin .... and it helps me out too (yay referral codes!)

Quote Originally Posted by Plague_Bearer View Post
    Seems like you are mostly frustrated with one hit kill moves regardless of which class. Instead of nerfing a bunch of classes down my suggestion would be to double or triple the HP of all classes in PvP and then lengthen the cool downs for death respawns.

This hopefully removes the one hit kill situations, fights would last longer and ability cooldowns would be more relevant since the length of the fighting between characters would be extended and using abilities more than once in an engagement would occur.

The stun locking is a different issue but i think having more HP and therefore extending the fights out longer gives your teammates a chance to come rescue you from a stun lock situation before you are killed.

The longer respawn timer would make death more detrimental to your team, this seems fair since we are effectively making it harder to die.

Would that fix alot of the issues?
    2x or 3x the HP of all classes in a *CTF* pvp type would only means classes like knight would dominate the meta and win every game pretty much since the objective IS capturing the flag and delivering it not killing people. Now in a death match mode that idea would be nice but i don't think it rolls good with CTF based pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenHero View Post
    2x or 3x the HP of all classes in a *CTF* pvp type would only means classes like knight would dominate the meta and win every game pretty much since the objective IS capturing the flag and delivering it not killing people. Now in a death match mode that idea would be nice but i don't think it rolls good with CTF based pvp.
    Really strong point on CTF <3
    I almost always have a giveaway going! My Current Active Giveaway is a $25 amazon giftcard!

Trove IGN: PlagueTV (Mastery 320+)
    I stream! Twitch.tv/PlagueTV
    I love Twitter! @Plague_TV

Under Mastery 20? Click this for a free class coin .... and it helps me out too (yay referral codes!)

+ Reply to Thread