+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gunslinger "Say CHEESE!"

Red face Gunslinger "Say CHEESE!"

Hello, I'm a new player, and have advanced rather far for my recent startup. I like the game so far, it's really fun. I'm an avid gamer, and I do have a fancy bit of gaming experience, a lot of it able to be related in this game. I have several suggestions, but bringing my first post in, I felt like this fully qualified to be the best idea.

Okay so I love gunslingers, and naturally that was my first class. I love the way they run right now. However, their passive is half cheese at the moment. Charged shot proc is amazing, and I feel like that can remain here or simply be innate on the charged shot ability, the second portion of the lucky shot passive however, I feel is a bit unnecessary. I can just sit over enemies.

My suggestion? Let's add something like a chance to reduce all cooldowns instead, or the ultimate, or even have that as a passive innate on the ultimate. Maybe instead add a crit boost or a chance to boost crit? I find crit is often associated with luck, and I was really happy to see the gunslinger have a luck trait, I'm personally fond of luck as a person just because I like that sort of thing :]

I can already say I've tested kiting with dodge, jump boost, and the jump stat, and they already work well even when I avoid using the float ability. Float is kinda derp in some dungeons anyway, partially due to camera control. Dodge is a bit laggy at the moment, but I have enough jump now to use it all in combination.

I believe in game balance so it's definitely ideal to make sure any buffs are balanced across all characters, and they all follow a similar templates to a reasonable degree, and hey, it's beta, that's when these changes are supposed to be made, that's what beta is for!

Love the game, and I've really been enjoying playing it. I have plenty of ideas and the desire to contribute them as well as in general. I'll definitely be looking out for new ways to improve the game as well, where possible.

A big fan,
    Merrick

P.S. Really wanted to shoot each gun individually and hold for charged shot. Damage values would have to be adjusted with that though, but it would be fun! Also, Dracolyte should have his ult on RB so I can spam dragon idols with LB. It just feels more intuitive that way, at least to me (usually holding right trigger and spamming left trigger for the respective abilities already.)

Plenty of moar to come! Next up: crafting changes and optimization (e.g. moar utility and higher utilization of greater ores, like using formicite for big bomb, and finding diamonds or using 3 types of ore to craft them. Shapestone seems abused and overused, makes sense due you it's high availability, but I feel like higher level ores should be utilized at higher level crafting, either as standalone or in combination sometimes. This is definitely something reasonable for beta, and coincidentally enough, helped play testing thus far as well. That's why beta is the perfect time to fine tune some of these finer details :b) Also thinking about the inclusion of moar crafting skills. I already make LOTS of bombs. KABOOM!!!

Loooooooooooool u do know this game isn't in beta right? Also higher ores r used in crafting stuff like mounts and costumes n other stuff but mainly mounts

Gunslinger is meant to have very low health so the floating is much needed as ur getting 1 shot alot n there r range enemies n bosses that tp also crit hit isn't luck really as its super easy way above 100% so u always crit and his ult is and there r emblems to boost crit and to reduce cool downs of abilities

Once again game been out of beta forever ago on pc n been out of beta since March so 8 months

uh, beta was in late 2014 to early 2015...

Ty, I'm talking about for Xbox, my bad, I got mixed up.

So I returned to this post with an update, I realized the gunslinger's passive could have a chance to restore energy, and previously I had an idea for it to reduce the cooldown of the dodge ability, an idea I forgot to mention. I like the idea of attacks reducing the cooldown of the dodge ability or having a chance to rice the cooldown of the dodge ability because that does actually seem like something that has to do with a gunslinger being lucky. It's really cool being able to float, but it is a little over the top in PvE. Maybe that could be moved and related to the blast jump for a set period of time for a slowdown shooting time? That's presuming it's not removed entirely, it is a bit wild, and I feel like the gunslinger would have enough mobility with or without it, but maybe for a set second or so on use of jump blast would be balanced and viable. Gunslinger's do have difficulty maintaining target while they are trying to kite sometimes due to having to acquire their target again after using a burst of mobility.

Just got my third chaos core from a chaos chest, shadow hunter here I come

Aka, this game needs a massive overhaul and might as well still be in beta lullll

I'm finding it should reduce dodge or something. Trust me, the whole having it teleport thing is really bad looking, and enemies reallllllllllyyyyyyy need some diversity, mainly with their attack styles. I'm currently in U6 with shadow hunter now already btw so I've seen a lot of this game. It really needs to be expanded upon in the game design, yes including ore components and crafting. This game is still in it's infancy as far as versions go, and could definitely become a major MMO with some advancements to the game design. This is a regular thing in development of ongoing online games.

This game does have an incredibly good base at the moment which is why I'd really like to help improve it so much. I also have quite a bit of MMO, RPG, and sandbox experience.

+ Reply to Thread