+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tethering Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by l96XJl View Post
    Agreed. It's complete thrash. Just remove it and don't bother trying to make it better. I'd rather have someone leech and everybody wins rather than having to waste time setting up tether and still losing out on loot due to someone getting the box first.
    My sentiments exactly, besides if someone leeches off me it doesn't bother me and if don't want to be leeched from i just go to hub and use the atlas to go to another world.
    Please hot-fix this to remove/disable it completely.
    Under Mastery rank 20 use this referral code for free class coin
    Referral code : YYJENTHP7JY22NQGKTFJ
    Direct link to RAF https://trovelive.trionworlds.com/ac...=ascend_invite

Quote Originally Posted by l96XJl View Post
    Agreed. It's complete thrash. Just remove it and don't bother trying to make it better. I'd rather have someone leech and everybody wins rather than having to waste time setting up tether and still losing out on loot due to someone getting the box first.
    Imo the only reason it is live is because they didn't have time to alter or remove it from the console version which takes time to approve so we have to put up with it too because reasons.

As a mainly solo/duo player because of playing often in short time frames throughout a day I don't find tethering helpful, encouraging me to also play lower leveled zones on a higher class to sweep areas fast before others take them (especially with the new club quests,) which is not a positive style of play.

This game has been one of the most friendly "get in and smash things with others" games since its conception, to change that now because of "leechers" which every person is guilty of, often by accident has also made Trove one of the friendliest games out there adopting a help-each-other environment early in a players Trove lifetime. It would be a pity to see this change.

I have always dream to compete for dungeon to clear with 22k NN while leveling my stuff.

Who would have though that in a world were every resources source is shared, and boss get literally one hit, such a restrictive looting would be an issue ? Really, WHO ??

Well i understand time had to be split between thinking of some character bound juicy cash grab or spend 5min worth of though on core game mechanic. And it seems it has been split wisely as always.

Well done for coming with a system no one with over 10 IQ had never be interested in. Leeching have never hurt anybody. I couldn't care less if someone is leeching me, it doesn't impact me in any way, and i'm grown enough to mind my own αss and no try to police other people gameplay. Hell, i'm might be even glad they stay outside and don't mess with spawn.

Trion team put some serious effort into killing their game, that's damn impressive. I can only commend them for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Azukae View Post
    Who would have though that in a world were every resources source is shared, and boss get literally one hit, such a restrictive looting would be an issue ? Really, WHO ??
    The top few in Mastery have complained.
    "The ones that say a lot and are well known"
    So they did that and guess what, they are happy because then they can remain top mastery while everyone else is getting nothing/

And this tethering is even worse when you crash and come back just to see someone destroy the box right in front of you.

My thoughts on the tethering system.

I could not find a feedback forum, so I'm taking a shot here and hoping the developers take their time in noticing this.

THE TETHERING SYSTEM IS UNFAIR TO PLAYERS!!!

The only "good" out of it is you can make a party, but when you are playing a tank character and still taking blows from 10+ things while the random gunner that just conveniently use the exit portal comes in, shoots the box, takes the loot and leaves without giving you a chance to even get the reward for your hard work. It doesn't "promote players to work together" as much as it made dungeons far more competitive and punish players with poor connections. The only incentive is to wait for a poor sap to take on and solo the boss, then snipe their rewards out from under them.

I should know, I just had this happen to me ten times in two days where I lag just enough that I don't get to open the box, or I am playing a tank, do all the work and get no credit while some boomeranger or gunner uses the exit portal, shoots the box and leaves when I still am dealing with 20 enemies and getting no help.

If a dev reads this, which I am just hoping for, this aspect you put in to "promote teamwork" misses the point by a continent span and should be removed to bring back the old system for collecting rewards from dungeons.

Apparently even your own minions can deny you of your own loot.

I absolutely hate tethering.

It makes me feel like I need to compete with players instead of cooperate. I regularly lose the chest to a gunslinger or neon ninja who break it quicker than me and they usually refuse to/don't care enough to tether to me and share loot. How is this a good system? It's just a lot of invisible crap that the player shouldn't have to worry about. Leeching isn't even an issue. The only people who got pissy at leeching are *******s anyway. If this is the kind of community the devs want to foster than so be it. I'm going to continue fighting other players for loot and I'll actively avoid playing with anyone else.

guess meanwhile im the only one getting anoyed with the message popping up saying i will get kick from the tether party and the hotkey doesnt work or however it suppose to like there is no other players nearby.
    im like literally the only one in the area yet it still says im tethering...

This has turned resource farming into a race that I have seen in other MMO's and it will just foster the attitude of "You stole my resource" as it is now a race to get to the resource before the other player.

IMO, Tethering should be off by default (if not removed entirely), and make the person that wants the tether have to turn it on. That will make for a more friendly community.

Yesterday I ran across a water dragon, I invited an alt account that still needed the fragments. Killed it on my main account and the alt didnt get anything that I could tell. If it doesnt automatically tether you when you invite someone, then its broke IMO.

Please remove tethering, I dont like the toxic effects that it is making on the community.

+ Reply to Thread