+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ed's Writing Corner - Trove Fanfics

Lightbulb Ed's Writing Corner - Trove Fanfics

I think this is the right forum for this? I'm unsure, never posted anything like this before on this forum.

But yeah, I wrote a very brief fanfic that was intended to be longer for a character origin idea I had for a Trove FC. But I didn't like how everything past this first section came out, so I salvaged the first section for it's own story.

I know it's exceedingly rare for Trove to get fanfic writing, I couldn't even find any beforehand. But I enjoy this game a lot, and wanted to contribute my own creativity here. I may write more, hence the more broad title and not just limiting to one story.

The next reply will be the first story I wrote. Any feedback, for this story and any story I may write in the future, is appreciated!
    In-Game Name: EddieVoxels

Preferred Name: Edwynn
    Pronouns: He/Him

LGBT+, Gamer, Hobbyist Writer, Hopeless Daydreamer

Chloromancer Main, Shadow Hunter Secondary

Mourning Night

All she had wished for in life was for the gift of creation, much like her sister had been blessed with.

She remembers a time long ago, where once they ruled together over a world whole. A world crafted with the beauties of her sister’s dreams, yet the horrors of her nightmares as well. She remembers her sister’s light, basking her creations as a beacon of protection and hope, warming their souls for the day ahead.

She remembers how her own light was so pale and weak in comparison. Where the creations basked and played within the power of her sister, her own power caused retreat and slumber. She remembers how her sister willed forth creations without even trying, as if a second nature, while when she tried, all of her creations crumbled to dust. Faded back into the shadows casted down upon the night, caused by the light of her own sister’s potential.

Even her light, even her existence, corresponded to her sister. The Moon could not glow as softly as it did at night without the Sun beaming upon it. The Moon would be but a hidden object in space, with no natural light, no spark of its own to show its beauty.

She remembers well what she felt back then. Jealousy, envy, perhaps even loathing for the sister that seemed to have it all; what with her amazing powers, dedicated followers, and a presence even other gods couldn’t help but face intrigue at.

She wishes now so desperately she never had acted upon those emotions. That in her anger, depression and hate, she had never went into the Void, and faced that beast of many eyes and holds upon hundreds of dead worlds. She wishes now she had never believed his poisonous words and false promises, that he could grant her the power she had long wished for; to create like her sister had been able to.

For she gained her wish all those millennia ago, but at a cost most great; her very freedom. That with the essence of her power, shadowed beings sprung forth of deep navies and bright blue highlights, and for once, they did not collapse into the dust she was so accustomed to. But it was not by her will that they came forth; no, that beast, Q’bthulhu, forced her hand, the power within her twisted by his dark ambitions.

And she could not react, she could not control, for as much as these Shadow creatures were her creations, they were not her own. They were simply a manifestation of the tyrannical madness within that mass of tentacles and eyes that now held her captive within his domain. They were battalion, soldiers for the slaughter in the name of destruction on cruel, twisting darkness.

The darkness that her sister’s creations so feared, that they kept to the light whenever they could, and waited out the darkness in fear of being devoured.

She wished now so desperately she never had acted upon that ambition. For her want to break from the shadow her sister had created her to be from her light, lead her desire to become violent and wrong. And all she could do was watch as these creations, born from her powers, wrought from her soul, invade the world she once called her own with her sister at the helm. That she could once say she helped to aid in its continued existence; now, she was aiding to an ill-fated destruction, as these Elysians and Trovians fought and died by the thousands to the shadows, and her sister panic as her world came undone.

As her world came undone by what she could only think was her own sister’s betrayal. It hurt her within every bit of her being, but no aching could compare to what her sister felt, knowing she was truly at fault, even if she held no control.

She wished now so desperately she never had thought of her demise. That in the growing loathing towards her sister, she had pondered and took pleasure in the thought of, one day, her sister growing too bright like a faraway star would, and explode into stardust as they oft did. How she would be left to rule, and the subjects that once adored her sister above all other would come flocking to her, desperate for a new goddess to plead worship under.

She couldn’t scream hard or loud enough to express her distress when she witnessed her sister sacrifice herself to save the remains of what was ruined of their beautiful world. In that very explosion she thought of in glee, she was gone, and her worlds were shattered and mismatched to patch up and purge the forces of Q’bthulhu, her forces of imprisonment.

Now, no matter what happened to her, she knew that her hubris came at a price irreparable. For her one and only, the sun to her moon, the light to her darkness, her most beloved sister, was gone forever.

Existing now, only as shards of power within the remnants of her followers.

There was truly no hope for the Moon Goddess now, for the Sun Goddess was gone, her world left in a chaotic mess to salvage what she could have. And it was by her forced allegiance to this eldritch monster that she saw her sister break apart entirely.

She had no home back on Trove. Its people would spit at her and curse her for what she had done, even if it mostly spawned from the abuse of another, twisted deity. For she fell for his trap, for a taste of the power she thought she deserved more than her sister did.

She knows now why her creations turned to dust. Because she was not worthy of the honor such as creation. Not when her creations stemmed from manipulation, and spread forth destruction.
    In-Game Name: EddieVoxels

Preferred Name: Edwynn
    Pronouns: He/Him

LGBT+, Gamer, Hobbyist Writer, Hopeless Daydreamer

Chloromancer Main, Shadow Hunter Secondary

+ Reply to Thread