+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trove Adventures - Patch Discussion Thread

I agree, and do wonder what they're going to do about Chaos Factor now, but with CC dropping from basic dungeons i don't feel it'll be too much of a lose.

I made a new sig! :3

Quote Originally Posted by SidRiel View Post
    I agree, and do wonder what they're going to do about Chaos Factor now, but with CC dropping from basic dungeons i don't feel it'll be too much of a lose.
    Most likely this is the first step to removing chaos factor as a system completely. in their eyes it's an outdated system that rewards players over and over for no effort.
    I don't think they're just going to take it away from us, that would be absurd, but i do expect some kind of thing down the line where all your factor disappears and you get maybe 500 chaos chests per one you had, idk.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Mastery: 75,672 | Total Power Rank: 310,264 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Trion Support
    Effort over Timegates! | LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 660 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 686 | Gem Rerolling Issue | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Removing some Chaos Factor and removing the coins from chests seems odd, I wish they'd at least state their reasoning / intentions.
    IGN: VoltRabbit Officer of: Garden of Wool

Quote Originally Posted by Spirare View Post
    It's still going live when the patch launches; it'll be removed or modified soon after the patch.
    Oh I know, just seems like it'd send the wrong message to players who aren't aware of this originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Brayer View Post
    I wish they would clarify the zone restriction commands, seems they keep changing. Reading these patch notes it seems they are: basic, modify, standard and expert...which seeing as they got them wrong on the pts patch notes I'm guessing these are slightly wrong too. In pts it was actually basic, standard, expert and the no building one.
    It's still basic, standard & expert. What's confusing is the permission names themselves and the fact that it clearly doesn't relate to the standard zonerestrict.

Not again...

You're taking the chaos factor away. Again. This is like the third time you've pulled this stunt. It's just utter crap.

Poo poo on you.

I'm honestly looking forward to this update a lot! I can't wait to see how it plays out, and how the clubs get more player-focused and less just a gathering with pretty sights.

The one thing I'm NOT looking forward to is the fishing Dragon Fragments. Those fragments better have a higher drop rate, since fishing is not a fast thing at all unless it's fishing week. I dare say, if not, that fragment could take weeks to gain, and I dread that so badly.

Otherwise, very excited! I can't wait for the servers to come back online!
    In-Game Name: EddieVoxels

Preferred Name: Edwynn
    Pronouns: He/Him

LGBT+, Gamer, Hobbyist Writer, Hopeless Daydreamer

Chloromancer Main, Shadow Hunter Secondary

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    Most likely this is the first step to removing chaos factor as a system completely. in their eyes it's an outdated system that rewards players over and over for no effort.
    I don't think they're just going to take it away from us, that would be absurd, but i do expect some kind of thing down the line where all your factor disappears and you get maybe 500 chaos chests per one you had, idk.
    It rewards players for financially contributing to keep their system running. If they remove the chaos factor, that will be one step further to alienating those who have spent the lions share. Everyone knows that the game isn't pay to win, little perks like chaos chests should be replaced with something if they are removed.

8.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    This discussion is about the current Adventures patch. Don't go off topic and do not post conspiracy theories on the forums. This is a place for the team to share info on the game and for players to offer constructive feedback. We've repeatedly said we have absolutely no plans to remove Chaos Factor as a system.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    PvP Master and Bulldog

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Taking away things people have earned is not conductive to keeping happy players.

People earned that Chaos Factor and their gold names as well. I understand that Gold Names will be linked to the top 2,000 players now, not that that will do most of us much good.

You know there are a lot of colors to go around, if you wanted to have a new special color for the top people there was no reason to take away the gold from people who earned it. Why not leave the Gold there at 300 mastery and give the top two thousand a different special color? Also it would have been a good thing to leave the Chaos Factor in at 300 mastery as well.

It will take just as much time and work to get to 300 still right? It's just we can get much higher than that eventually. So why take away the stuff that's earned at 300? Why not leave the gold and Chaos factor as a reward at 300? I'm just confused about this.

Even if it no longer will, those of us who already got there did so by a good deal of work and progress. We should keep something that marks and rewards that progress just as we have had. You shouldn't just take this stuff and leave an empty hole where it resided. It's different for people who never got there, they never had it to begin with. We earned our rewards and now you're plucking them back away from us. That isn't at all a good thing to do.

You're taking away stuff people worked very hard for and earned and this whole "only the top 2,000 in the leaderboard each week get gold" sounds like you're trying to make people have a little pay to win competition going on. If you want to do that, give them a nice cool new color to fight over but leave our stuff we earned alone...

I'm not at all happy with getting our rewards we rightfully earned taken away. You guys say you don't like to nerf things because you don't like to take stuff away after people have it, so why are you taking this stuff away from us that we already had then? Why is that okay? This is really giving me negative feelings and emotions towards the game at this point, and that certainly is going to make my spending go a bit negative from what it's been as well.

I'm so upset I'm practically ready to move on to something else, it's the principle and also the point that the Devs thought this was a good idea. "Hey we're sick of moving Chaos Factor back over and over so we're just going to get rid of it." - they don't think how that makes the people feel who earned it and had it already? They can't just leave it at a certain mastery level but need to take it away? How about leaving it and the gold names at 300 where they have been?! Why take away the stuff we worked so hard for? It just seems like bad decision making.

If they moved this stuff away but did something to show their appreciation to the people who earned the stuff before they stole it from us, that would have at least have been something - but they didn't.

I don't care about the new systems that much now because all I can see and think about is what they took away from us. Do I really want to go grinding for some new system when they can take away our rewards we earn on a whim? No, I don't.

The game is so bright we can't see Drowned Uber portal numbers anymore. Also, staying on Frontier or Permafrost for more than 5m hurt the eyes.

+ Reply to Thread