+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mastery, Leaderboards, & Massive Club Changes!

1.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #1

Mastery, Leaderboards, & Massive Club Changes!

Some of the biggest changes coming with Trove – Adventures are the massive update to Clubs, the big shift in how Mastery works, and what that means for Leaderboards. Let’s take a closer look!

Clubs
    Trove – Adventures is a complete overhaul for clubs, and it all begins in the new Hub, with the Club HQ.

The Club HQ is a great way to explore clubs you may have never seen before. Explore this massive building to find portals that lead to Club Worlds from around the globe (or cube, if you will).

Each floor of the Club HQ will display a different type of Club World and you’re free to explore them all! The clubs on display here will be sorted by:
    • Popularity - Based on the number of likes in the Club World

• Small but active - Based on the number of members who have played recently

• New Fixtures – Highlights Club Worlds that have recently added new Fixtures (powerful structures that grant various benefits)

• Club Power Rank – Promotes clubs with high PR

• Random – You never know what you’re going to find when exploring clubs discovered in one of these portals.

Clubs will have one top rank, known as President, and the President will have a ton of new tools for customizing permissions and setting up various ranks for new players using the all-new Club UI!

As a player you can still be a member of up to 5 clubs, but one will be set as your primary club. Your main club will be the one that you represent to other players and it provides you perks based on what fixtures are placed in your Club World.

One of these new fixtures for Club Worlds is the Rally of Heroes. Club leaders can place down this fixture and spawn Heroes who give a variety of missions, known as Adventures, to Trovians that can be completed for XP to level up the club!

Mastery
    Before the Trove – Adventures expansion on November 14th, Trovians were able to level up their characters and collect items to reach 300 Mastery Rating (MR). This hard cap on Mastery is being removed and now you’ll be able to substantially increase your Mastery, which adds to your Power Rank, making your Trovians more powerful.

With the changes to Mastery come new Mastery rewards. Here are just a few (including this adorable ally for 260 Mastery):

• 100 Mastery now earns a Dragon Horde Deposition Tome that gives 15 Dragon Coins & a Trove of Wonders when filled up each week.

• 220 Mastery provides 5 Radiant Sovereigns.

• 250 grants a Golden Dragon Effigy which is an item that unlocks a random dragon not already unlocked by the user.

Leaderboards
    With the changes coming to Clubs and Mastery, we’re going to see important changes coming to Leaderboards as well.

Some new leaderboard entries include:
    • Highest Club Power Rank – Counts the Power Rank of up to the top 50 members in a club. You don’t need 50 club members to earn a spot in the leaderboard, but if you have a huge club, it will only factor in the top 50.

• Flawless Ultra Shadow Tower Runs – Rewards teams for the number of times per week they defeat all Ultra Shadow Tower bosses with no Trovians dying.

• Weekly World Boss victories – Counts how many World Bosses you’ve beaten per week.

• Mastery - The Mastery Leaderboard has been reimagined as a way to grant the top 2000 players their Gold Name every week. Item rewards have been removed from this leaderboard entirely.

This is a lot of info and we’re just scratching the surface of what’s coming with Trove – Adventures. Get ready for November 14, 2017 because Trove is kicking it up to a whole new level!
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    Follow me on Twitter!

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

The new mastery rewards thing sounds great, but it's unfair for those who already have 300+ mastery. It would be great if we also got those rewards. Looks like with each new mastery cap, the already high mastery players get punished for playing the game.
    Under Mastery 20? Want a free class coin and some other goodies?
    This is my refer-a-friend code: PM9WJ9R3LPYEX9EGHWQY
    Use this on your account, then reach Mastery 20 and find me in game for your reward!
    IGN: Spyrath

The leaderboard rewards for mastery should probably be gotten rid of all together. The current system only rewards the same max mastery people all the time, and this newest system will only reward those with low enough mastery to get a lot of easy mastery in a week. Either way, there is a large portion of the players who cannot compete.

Edit: They updated the post, so I have no issues anymore since there are no leaderboard rewards for mastery according to this, besides a gold name.

Mastery – With the removal of the Mastery cap we’ve redesigned the Mastery leaderboard so it counts how much MR is earned each week, rather than the cumulative total Mastery Rank.
    Could we please get clarification on this? This is not how it worked on PTS in the slightest and seems like a pretty significant change to make without getting any initial feedback.

I fought really hard to make myself into the top 1k mastery for the rewards... I was not expecting this to go away and it would be a huge punishment! Can we get confirmation?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrath View Post
    The new mastery rewards thing sounds great, but it's unfair for those who already have 300+ mastery. It would be great if we also got those rewards. Looks like with each new mastery cap, the already high mastery players get punished for playing the game.
    According to the PTS Patch Notes these rewards will be granted on first login:

• New mastery rewards have been added at 220 (5 Radiant Sovereigns) and 270 (the Eclipse Key Codex), filling existing gaps. Any player who would have earned these will receive them upon first login.
    • New mastery rewards at 100 (the Dragon Horde Deposition Tome), 250 (a Golden Dragon Effigy), and 260 (Goldwing Falkanzer Cub Ally) replace Chaos Coins or Golden Chaos Chests at these levels. Any player above these Mastery levels will receive the new rewards upon first login.
    • Players with enough Mastery Points will jump from 300 to the appropriate Mastery Rank and receive all the benefits immediately.
    Dazo of Voxel Busters

TroveTools.NET Mod Loader
    Dazo's Trove Resource Compilation | Reddit: Wizdave
    My Refer a Friend Code: HEFP-YHKF-XECT-ERG-2JRWL (free class coin for new players under Mastery 20)

7.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #7
    I've updated the original post to mention that there are no more item rewards for Mastery at all (and remove the error in how Mastery is totaled). The top 2,000 players per platform will have a gold name as the reward for the Mastery leaderboard.
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    Follow me on Twitter!

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    I've updated the original post to mention that there are no more item rewards for Mastery at all
    This is very discouraging... I focused on Mastery to make it into the rewards instead of focusing on PR. Now I will only be rewarded with a yellow name

I understand adding more benefit to the players that are active throughout the week, but to rip this away from people very competitive in this space takes away a big part of the game that was a big focus of mine. Please reconsider the removal of this to reward all play styles.

pretty disappointed with mastery leaderboards rewards we are basically losing 1 golden CC a week now

Quote Originally Posted by TheLazyCanadian View Post
    pretty disappointed with mastery leaderboards rewards we are basically losing 1 golden CC a week now

A more positive change would be to increase the people that can get them through leaderboards to say +5000 top mastery holders. Taking things away just upsets the paying users at the top.

+ Reply to Thread