+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: On credit pouches and recent packs

  1. #1
    Senior Member Craftsman42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Magrathea
    Posts
    351

    On credit pouches and recent packs

    One thing that I have seen for a while is that more and more packs in the store are not available for credits anymore. About a year ago, Trion was planning to make packs available for credits, and so the Snowfestivus pack in 2016 was obtainable with credits, allowing anyone, not just P2W players the ability to get the pack. In addition, we have weekly deals and flash deals to use credits on, and both F2P and P2W players can get them. It seems that things have changed since then. The extra life pack this year required money, but we can maybe write that off as since the money is for charity and credits aren't money, something weird would happen. Maybe that's understandable, but what about the eclipse pack? It's just a bunch of mounts and styles and stuff, like the Snowfest pack, and the money would all go to Trion, again like the Snowfest pack, but there's no option to buy it with credits, which bugged me a bit, but I kept quiet. And now, there's the Pumpkin Dreadnought pack, which also costs real money for reasons I can't explain if Trion wants to push credit pouches. (and maybe the Shadow's Eve pack still costs money. I don't know since I got it when it was released last year.) So why change it so that the holiday packs are not available with credits?
    To modify Christina Perri's Jar of Hearts, "My arteries explode from the salt inside my soul, so cut the RNG, before it ruins me."

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftsman42 View Post
    One thing that I have seen for a while is that more and more packs in the store are not available for credits anymore. About a year ago, Trion was planning to make packs available for credits, and so the Snowfestivus pack in 2016 was obtainable with credits, allowing anyone, not just P2W players the ability to get the pack. In addition, we have weekly deals and flash deals to use credits on, and both F2P and P2W players can get them. It seems that things have changed since then. The extra life pack this year required money, but we can maybe write that off as since the money is for charity and credits aren't money, something weird would happen. Maybe that's understandable, but what about the eclipse pack? It's just a bunch of mounts and styles and stuff, like the Snowfest pack, and the money would all go to Trion, again like the Snowfest pack, but there's no option to buy it with credits, which bugged me a bit, but I kept quiet. And now, there's the Pumpkin Dreadnought pack, which also costs real money for reasons I can't explain if Trion wants to push credit pouches. (and maybe the Shadow's Eve pack still costs money. I don't know since I got it when it was released last year.) So why change it so that the holiday packs are not available with credits?
    Because Trion is a company trying to squeeze out as many micro transactions as they can.

    Bound brilliance is our main "reward" from the most recent event.....
    What else do you need to use bb? Oh Idk.... well you can grind ST for many hours for a few Hearts of Darkness... or you can grind for hours to get more gem dust... and still barely be able to use 1 or 2 BB per hour grinded.

    ORR

    you can just give trino more money, P2W, buy the gem booster boxes or just p2w buy credit pouches -> buy HoD -> use all the bound brilliance

    So is the bound brilliance really a "reward" ..????
    or just Trion pushing players to either play 4+ hours a day or P2W?

    Trove isnt actually a game- its either a part time job or a cover up to push microtransactions


    This is coming from a veteran player
    LEADER OF THE WORLDS MOST ELITE TROVE CLUB (201, 206, 217)

    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...rienemies*****

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    224
    What you call PTW is required for this game to continue to exist.
    IMO them charging for packs is fine as it increases their operating revenue to produce new content and keep the game alive.
    In the end, they are a business and its ok for them to make money. Support the game by buying a pack when you like the content or think they are doing a good job with the game.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Novuhz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander View Post
    What you call PTW is required for this game to continue to exist.
    IMO them charging for packs is fine as it increases their operating revenue to produce new content and keep the game alive.
    In the end, they are a business and its ok for them to make money. Support the game by buying a pack when you like the content or think they are doing a good job with the game.
    Except they would still make money if they were for credits. Probably even more money. In current state of game with uncapped mastery and it giving stats for each level we could say the game turned into P2W, because the packs give mastery and are not obtainable outside of paying real money for them, if they were for credits I wouldn't call it P2W anymore.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    130
    Whenever I'm playing a FTP game I allocate a certain amount of money to give to the publisher each month or two if I like the game. So these occasional pay only items are fine with me as that's where my money goes. I think these types of items encourage others who never do that to give a little support to the devs as well.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by Novuhz View Post
    Except they would still make money if they were for credits. Probably even more money.
    More sales maybe, more money no. Why?

    1) Credit pouches might be purchased or hoarded from months ago. The revenue from those are long gone.

    2) Modders already have a ton of credits. So there is no revenue from them.

    3) There are already a ton of credit pouches from flippers on the market. So there will not be any revenue until all of those are gone and replenished by new pouches.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibita View Post
    More sales maybe, more money no. Why?

    1) Credit pouches might be purchased or hoarded from months ago. The revenue from those are long gone.

    2) Modders already have a ton of credits. So there is no revenue from them.

    3) There are already a ton of credit pouches from flippers on the market. So there will not be any revenue until all of those are gone and replenished by new pouches.

    Cash flow, plain and simple... alludes to not bringing in as much as they anticipated when originally making the change to loot and store items... and credits come naturally discounted if you buy in bulk... hard $$ has no discount

  8. #8
    Senior Member Pennry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    twitch.tv/Pennry
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibita View Post
    More sales maybe, more money no. Why?

    1) Credit pouches might be purchased or hoarded from months ago. The revenue from those are long gone.

    2) Modders already have a ton of credits. So there is no revenue from them.

    3) There are already a ton of credit pouches from flippers on the market. So there will not be any revenue until all of those are gone and replenished by new pouches.
    Only real valid point here is the Creator Credits. When the purchase was made makes no difference, they still made the money. If they were unwise and blew all their allowance right then and there, that's on them. Nevermind the fact that when a good pack comes up for Credits, we see a spike in Credit Pouch pricing and thus enticing more people to to buy more Pouches for that easy Flux.

    Novuhz's point about Mastery is pretty valid too. Before we had packs come out for cash, then later either have the pieces obtainable other ways or (like the current Spooky Swag Bag) come back for Credits. This works alright under the old system. One can cap out on Mastery stats/rewards other ways if the pack doesn't have something they'd like right away. Then one can catch up and fill in when the pack or its items come around again later. The new Mastery system changes that and puts more pressure on getting the packs right as they come out just so you can keep climbing for them Mastery stats/rewards.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts