Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: (Bad Bugs) Club Ownership & Broken Quest Chain

Exclamation (Bad Bugs) Club Ownership & Broken Quest Chain

Bug Title: Club Ownership Loss to non VP
    Time: Friday, October 20th, at like 8 AM GMT
    Context: I logged into PTS after the new update and went to my club and looked at the club list to see I lost the ownership of my club to a random member that logged on before me when there was no Officer/VP in the club nor any other Leaders/Owners.
    Expected: I expected to still be the owner of my club due to there being no Officer/VP in the club nor any other Leaders/Owners.
    Observed: Instead, I lost ownership of my club to a random Architect/Member. (can't remember what the person originally was.)
    Repro Steps:
    1. Be Me(or any club Owner that hasn't been on PTS in a while with other people in the club), the Owner of my club with no Officers in the club.
    2. Log onto the PTS Server after the update.
    3. Watch as I(or any other club Owner in the same situation) shout many profanities realizing I lost ownership of my club to a person that has logged off a little while before me.
    4. Please end my suffering.
    Picture:
    Me as a Member (Shout out to 1v5_Thx for being the only one Online in my PTS Club besides me lol)

Also, might I suggest adding a check on an off option named "Club Inherit" which enables and disables if the VP gets to inherit the clubs ownership if the president is gone for a long time and is not toggle-able for other ranks.

Bug Title: Broken Quest Chain
    Time: Friday, October 20th, at like 8:30 AM GMT
    Context: While playing on PTS I decided to do the new quest chain. I was doing good and got all the way to the part where I need to use a fae recipe which I could not do because I already have all the fae recipes learned.
    Expected: I expected even though I already had all the fae recipes learned that after clicking the fae recipe 1 time and getting the notification that I already have all the recipes that it would let me complete that quest.
    Observed: Instead, *spams the fae recipe getting the collected all these items notification while the quest stays on my screen for eternity*
    Repro Steps:
    1. Get on PTS
    2. Have all of the fae recipes learned.
    3. Go through the new quest chain till you get the learn a fae recipe quest.
    4. Watch as you cannot complete the quest since you cannot use a fae recipe.
    Picture:

*Hopes Fasti/whatever Admin that views this likes/doesn't mind my humor with the club thing.*
    My Trovesaurus Account
    In Game Name: ArtiusFox PTS: Artius222
    Mastery Rank: Live: *423* PTS: *394*
    Chaos Factor: Live: 4 PTS: 13, Battle Factor: Live: 3 PTS: 0
    Current Flux: 3,195
    Classes Unlocked: 15/15 All 7.5k+ PR
    My Club: Fox World, Props: 727 Come see it, Club also in PTS.
    Help me get Disaeon: Get Referred Here (Below 20 Mastery) 7/30
    Applying Mods with: Tmod Files, 23 Mods Active(Live)
    Signature Updated as of 11/15/17 3:30 AM EST(Eastern USA)

For the "Broken Quest Chain" part (which was also mentioned in another thread), I also had all the Fae recipes, so I got a recipe from a Forbidden Spires recipe dungeon and when I "learned it" the quest line accepted that and moved on to the next part of the chain. So although it specifies Fae, it will accept any new recipe and since none of us have the recipes from Forbidden Spires, that will complete the quest.
    IGN: Wyndsong

Quest will also accept just placing a block.

Club ownership is all messed up. I made another account owner and it automatically made me a VP. After coming back later, I'm back to being owner.

Everything seems to be in order, do keep in mind that any VPs were leaders in the old system, if you've trusted someone else to be leader with you, then clearly you must also trust them to sort out presidency. (since leaders can also demote other leaders, club stealing happens in both systems without trust) What seems to have happened is someone you trusted to make leader wasn't trustworthy. please do correct me if my observation is off.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: 107,873 | Total Power Rank: 346,429 | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronozilla View Post
    Everything seems to be in order, do keep in mind that any VPs were leaders in the old system, if you've trusted someone else to be leader with you, then clearly you must also trust them to sort out presidency. (since leaders can also demote other leaders, club stealing happens in both systems without trust) What seems to have happened is someone you trusted to make leader wasn't trustworthy. please do correct me if my observation is off.
    >I lost the ownership of my club to a random member that logged on before me when there was no Officer/VP in the club. (There also were no other leaders/owners so I guess I should add that.) (Added it)
    My Trovesaurus Account
    In Game Name: ArtiusFox PTS: Artius222
    Mastery Rank: Live: *423* PTS: *394*
    Chaos Factor: Live: 4 PTS: 13, Battle Factor: Live: 3 PTS: 0
    Current Flux: 3,195
    Classes Unlocked: 15/15 All 7.5k+ PR
    My Club: Fox World, Props: 727 Come see it, Club also in PTS.
    Help me get Disaeon: Get Referred Here (Below 20 Mastery) 7/30
    Applying Mods with: Tmod Files, 23 Mods Active(Live)
    Signature Updated as of 11/15/17 3:30 AM EST(Eastern USA)

Just so we're clear, you lost ownership of your club when you initially logged into the PTS build for the first time? Who's the owner now? Have you also taken a look at your club log to see what exactly happened during that time frame?

How to choose randomly? it is normal for the one who created the club when he pressed the button to be president. now and over 100 years
    I do not agree with this

You destroyed the economy now you do not destroy the clubs with this....

8.   Click here to go to the next Trove Team post in this thread.   #8
    Senior Community Manager
    Hey folks,

Let's talk about club leadership, since that's extremely important. If your club has multiple leaders right now, with the release of Trove - Adventures one of those leaders will be made President. We're cool with players disagreeing with that system, but making sure you keep the top spot in your club is 100% in your control.

Since only a leader can be promoted to President, if you're the club founder you'll want to demote all other leaders. Be sure to speak with the players in your club and explain the situation so everyone understands what's happening.

We're going to discuss this in our livestreams and in a blog coming up soon, so we will spread the word on our side, but if you can share the info with your clubmates as well, we'll make sure to hit the most people possible with knowledge.

This is something that may lead to frustration on the part of inactive leaders who miss the messaging and come back in the future, but in the long run this new system will make clubs stronger by making sure they have active leadership.

@Fasti, will there only be one VP as well or can there be multiple?
    || MASTERY: 540+ ||

Quote Originally Posted by Vulant View Post
    @Fasti, will there only be one VP as well or can there be multiple?
    Yes, you can have many VPs. After one "Leader" is converted to President, all remaining "Leaders" are converted to VPs.

I think that "random becoming President" deal was an issue with PTS and PTS only. That'd due to PTS being down so long we were all considered not active for more than the 30 days. The system just saw everyone as inactive and let whoever logged in first be the President as they're now the one active. And on Live where we're all active the system will only pull from the current "Leaders".