+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: Producer's Letter: Trove - Adventures

I also had a question, if you are not too upset with my whining. You mentioned Luxion of the Golden Hoard, who sells "previously hard to find items". What kinds of items does this entail? Event items? Expensive items? I play trove in large part for the market, because I find the business aspect of it a lot of fun. While it will not affect my business too hard, as I sell raptor soul traps and rad caches, I am thinking that making a lot of these items available could intensely slash some of the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Din Othar View Post
    Hi TechnoShyft,

Yes we wanted something "Eastern-themed", but honestly it was more about coming up with a unique look and feel that is different from anything else seen in Trove. So we looked at all kinds of places for inspiration.

Din Othar
    Sounds good! Thanks for the quick response!

3.   This is the last Trove Team post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    When you say that contests now reward players with the highest mastery that week, it sounds like the system we already have. Do you mean the most accumulated mastery just that week?
    Can you quote the specific section that's confusing so I can get that fixed?
    Steve "Fasti" Haines
    Community Manager, Trove
    Follow me on Twitter!

Read our forum rules before posting, please! |Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Found a bug? Follow these steps to report it and we'll fix it ASAP!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

We’re also ready to release the highly anticipated changes to leaderboards. All Power Rank and Mastery leaderboards have been adjusted so players with the highest score per week are ranked the highest - meaning that all players will need to put in weekly effort if they want to be eligible for great rewards. Gold names will now be awarded to the top 2,000 Trove players per platform that have the highest Mastery totals week over week.
    This is the part that is very confusing. The wording makes it sound like what we already have, though I suspect it means to say that the highest mastery accumulated that week alone wins. If that is the case that brings its own concerns, but that's another topic.

It only took you guys 3 years!!!! But i'm Super happy to see its finally getting worked on!
    /joinworld 8103043873280053461 for the best club on trove!

There are a couple things my fiancé and I find concerning and would appreciate some expansion on:

"Some adjustments have been made to the passive stats granted by each mastery rank to consider the uncapped nature of this system."
    I can only assume that the adjustments are downgrades in the current bonuses. Is this a fair assumption? If this is the case, I would strongly suggest reconsideration as those of us with high mastery rank invested either significant time or money to get there and rewarding that work by reducing the stats would be less than acceptable.

"Gold names will now be awarded to the top 2,000 Trove players per platform that have the highest Mastery totals week over week."
    Why? There is no point or gain to be had by this change. Is Trove in such economic straits that a gold name has to become encouragement to put more money into the game to achieve it? Once again, time and money has already been invested by those of us with gold names and it would be a shame for that to go to waste.

"All Power Rank and Mastery leaderboards have been adjusted so players with the highest score per week are ranked the highest – meaning that all players will need to put in weekly effort if they want to be eligible for great rewards."
    Does this mean that I will now be required to do a weekly increase to my power rank? Most of my characters are level 30, have stellar gear, and require tremendous amounts of resources for what is typically a small gain. Will this system take this into account?

My complaint is only about the grinding becoming too extrem, feels like everything is made thinking on extreme players who spend hours and hours a day in the game.

Casuals have no chance of achieving most of things that are being implemented, which is really sad.
    IGN: Etherbl || /joinworld Etherion Temple

Quote Originally Posted by Memnarc View Post
    "Gold names will now be awarded to the top 2,000 Trove players per platform that have the highest Mastery totals week over week."
    Why? There is no point or gain to be had by this change. Is Trove in such economic straits that a gold name has to become encouragement to put more money into the game to achieve it? Once again, time and money has already been invested by those of us with gold names and it would be a shame for that to go to waste.
    I agree. I loved this game when I first started playing and decided I wanted to reach the mastery cap for a gold name. I achieved that, but not without spending a lot of time and a considerable amount of money. I know it's "just a game" but I feel like something I earned via playing and paying - which they need people to do in order to continue - was just yanked away, pretty much straight from my wallet. I'll buy the holiday stuff in the future but I don't know if I'll drop money on the in-between buys. The goal has been set a bit higher than what I'm willing to pay to achieve.

This update I had looked forward to for almost a year. But it seems now all my hard work and time and money I have spent on Trove is going to be pushed aside and I am going to be penalized for playing in the past? I have played Trove since the start. Now all my time is going to be reduced to nothing as my almost 600 Mastery? All my buffs from this is going to be reduced? Where is the farness to your existing base long time players?

Survive and adapt or quit and log out

Mastery Point Level at 500+
    Owner of Frozen Hearts Club

+ Reply to Thread