+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dino Tamer is Busted in PvP

Angry Dino Tamer is Busted in PvP

Compared to the other classes Dino Tamer's kill potential is preposterous. The other classes have to play around their positioning, cooldowns, and energy management to perform well; Dino Tamer can 1 shot over half the classes with an energy-less, 4 second cooldown AoE that once landed he can just bugger off. On top of that since he's energy less he can jump around all day and avoid half of the abilities thrown at him with no downside. It's just ridiculous how strong Dino Tamer is and I'm going to show you why.

Dino Tamer's sin against balance comes in its egregious M2, the 'clever snare', Don't be fooled, using this ability is completely braindead. The ability functions by throwing a net on the ground. You can charge it up through three stages over 2 seconds of holding the ability and once thrown it goes on a 4 second cooldown. Enemies who so much as graze this net receive the FULL duration of the debuff it applies, which is a DoT that ticks every 0.5 seconds dealing 200% of YOUR magic dmg to yourself over 3 seconds; when the dino tamer ults this changes to a always max size net that deals 425% of your magic dmg to yourself every 0.5 seconds for 3 seconds. They both impair your movement speed as well!

So what do those numbers mean? Let's break them down.
    My character has 2,378 magic dmg, 200% of that is 4,756 and 425% of that is 10,106.5. Multiply these by 6 since it ticks every 0.5 seconds and lasts 3 seconds and you get:
    • Dino Net without Ult dealing: 28,536 dmg.
    • Dino Net with Ult dealing: 60,639 dmg.

28.5k dmg on a 4 second cooldown with no energy cost!!! That's not to mention the dmg you'll be taking from his dino buddies and hazards/other enemies. If he ults the net 1 shots ANYTHING it touches. Not a single magic class can survive it, and most physical classes still die to it anyway.

This kind of damage is outrageous and an annoying dino tamer player is the only thing that'll get me to not participate in the match and just stay for XP. All the other OP classes can be worked around with good strategy, but a dino tamer can just walk by you, right click, then walk away because you're guaranteed to die.

Yes, I'm salty.

What about Candy Barn which has a 1shot ultimate which can be easily restores with one power up.

Or the Rev and Juggernaut combo.

Ice sage in general.

End of story PvP with classes which are not supposed to be for PvP will end badly unless they make everyone the same level.

And if you want to get away from the Dino Tamer keep a Jump power up spare, they can't net you midair.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcool13 View Post
    -snip-
    Candy Barb has a high cooldowns, low range, and dodgy mobility that can be easily played around. Never approach melee range until you see them waste the ultimate or bait it out yourself. Once the ultimate is down you can easily take on Candy Barb 1 on 1.

Revenant is the slowest class in the game and this can be abused. If the enemy has a good Revenant abusing juggernaut then play around the low mobility they have by countering with ranged. Just stay out of the Revenant's circle of influence and whittle it down. If you see it waste its ult or you feel like you can take him out if he ults then go in.

Ice Sage is similar to Candy Barb in that all its power is behind its ult, which is high cooldown. Stay out of melee range until you're sure the ult is down, then you can go in to fight. Same as the Barb you can try baiting out the ult yourself then abusing the Ice Sage's bad dueling abilities in a 1v1.

All these classes are similar in that if you understand their strengths and kill potential you can space yourself accordingly and come out on top most of the time.

As far as powerups are concerned, assume they have the worst and play accordingly. If you see them use a weaker powerup then you know they dont have a bad one until you see them pick another one up. It's a matter of paying attention and trying to beat them to powerups.

Now how do you play against Dino Tamer? You said it yourself: You don't. You suggest just ignoring them and jumping away, and quite frankly that's all you can do. Beating a Dino Tamer feels like luck most the time since their killing move is so low cooldown and has a large radius. That isn't fun at all. I find fighting the other broken classes fun. Fighting a dino tamer is just aggravating.

I normally don't have many issues with Dino Tamers in PvP, you can basically dodge the attacks if you know your way around a DT. Also dodging every 1.5 seconds can nullify the DoT if you time them right, allowing you to survive at least some of the damage taken from the attack.

But i gotta be honest here, Fae is becoming more OP with the ability to stun lock and basically kill anyone in a few hits. Fae is more aggravating imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider3217 View Post
    I normally don't have many issues with Dino Tamers in PvP, you can basically dodge the attacks if you know your way around a DT. Also dodging every 1.5 seconds can nullify the DoT if you time them right, allowing you to survive at least some of the damage taken from the attack.

But i gotta be honest here, Fae is becoming more OP with the ability to stun lock and basically kill anyone in a few hits. Fae is more aggravating imo.
    I hate fae with a passion. a serious one. every time I kill a fae in pvp, I almost have to try to no run around the house in joy. whenever a fae kills me, i have to hold back from throwing my controller at the tv. I mean, i cant ever fricking attack the thing ONCE. they COULD make it all basic and m2/l2 attacks only though, which wold really balance pvp, except for close range classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcool13 View Post
    What about Candy Barn which has a 1shot ultimate which can be easily restores with one power up.

Or the Rev and Juggernaut combo.

Ice sage in general.

End of story PvP with classes which are not supposed to be for PvP will end badly unless they make everyone the same level.

And if you want to get away from the Dino Tamer keep a Jump power up spare, they can't net you midair.
    As said, CB ult is melee and dodgeable. I've seen revs in the past use their ult while theyre dead which is bs, but apart from that they seem fine.

I have to agree that DT is problematic since it can get guaranteed stuns on you and there's nothing you can do to counter it. Not only that, but dodging will still allow you to take most damage and you only need to barely touch it for it to do a silly amount. But there are other problematic classes as you bring up. My list:
    DT
    Ice sage for it's no cooldown shield and aoe stun that allows you to easily kill anyone (it got nerfed one week to be more reasonable but that didn't stay)
    Fae for it's 0 cooldown stun
    Pirate captain for it's ult that can be spammed, takes 0 skill and one shots low hp classes.
    Knight for its ability to use be practically immune for so long due to powerups and its ult. I'd put it at the bottom of the list, but there still little countering vs a knight flag carrier.

Most other classes seem to have more of an element of skill.

For people who struggle against Fae in this thread.

Fae is a class based around area control/denial with bursts of power with lapses in strength due to energy. What this basically means is a Fae can lock down an area and KO anyone in it with ease if you don't respect that strength. So how do you counter that? Try to avoid approaching a Fae with the higher ground as the higher up a Fae is the more area it locks down with the glitterbomb. Try to bait the Fae to spam it's energy bar at you, then when its out of energy go in to harass it. Force the Fae to jump or blink, you want to keep its energy as low as possible as a Fae with no energy has very little kill potential. I can't stress enough how important it is to put pressure on the Fae; jumping freezes energy regen so if you put the Fae in a situation where it has to jump away then it's at its weakest! When a Fae ults don't fight it within the range of the ult, the ult is basically like Pirate Captain's in that staying in range guarantees death. To summarize, all of Fae's power comes in area denial, if you understand how the Fae's 'kill zones' look you can stay out of them and battle the Fae after it's low on energy.

Basically the moral is don't just autopilot PvP because it feels casual. Putting thought behind your actions helps immensely to perform better. Play some of every class to understand how they deal their dmg and what is the danger zone when against them so you can face that class easier down the line.

+ Reply to Thread