+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This loadout is good for Fae Trickster?

Post This loadout is good for Fae Trickster?

I wanna improve my Fae Trickster so tell me if this loadout is good/fine for him: https://imgur.com/a/L8Hww

First thing to know about Fae is that it's probably the most glass cannon out of any of the classes. Where other classes have skills and stuff to boost up their damage, the fae has it's normal attack and it's passive to help along with it. That said, you're going to want to focus on your damage and getting it dealt as quickly as possible. While the health is always going to be an issue, you're not really going to want to buff that stat. What you're really going to want to do is avoid damage all-together to stay alive and keep your buff up. Instead, increase your fov a little bit when you play and learn to watch for traps and enemies. You have 2 dash abilities, shift and right click, and clones with the click to draw enemies away from you.

I main fae and as such run the following:
    *note* the second and 4th stats are technically interchangeable, the following is just my build.
    Staff:
    - Magic Damage (only choice)
    - Energy Regen - this will help hugely with survival. if you do it right you can keep clones up all the time
    - Crit Hit - This once you have higher leveled gems giving you crit hit you could replace with another stat. I recommend jump for added survivability.
    - Attack Speed
    Hat:
    - Health (only choice)
    - Crit Damage
    - Magic Find - if your survivability isn't that great, you could replace this with jump as well.
    - Attack Speed
    Face:
    - Health (only choice)
    - Crit Damage
    - Magic Damage
    - Attack Speed

As for Gems, you'll want to focus on crit damage, magic attack, and enough crit hit to get yourself to 100%. After that focus on health on gems instead of crit hit. You'll want all gems to have crit damage with 3 base upgrades to said stat (level 5, 10, 15) in order to maximize damage. For an ally I'd run the Starlight Dragonling for when you're trying to do damage. The 10% skill coodown is nice, and the 20% magic damage boost is great. A lot of people might say run a crit damage ally, but by end game you'll be sitting at 1600+ crit damage easy at 20k and beyond. Also, for subclass I recommend dino tamer for the attack speed and net ability when doing normal attacks, since that's your primary damage source

If you have any more questions about the fae, feel free to stop by my stream anytime I'm streaming (evenings 9pm Est start), even if I'm not streamin Trove.

I would change some things here:

Staff:
    - Magic Damage (only choice)
    *- Critical Damage - If you want some Energy regen use it on a S4 ring.
    - Crit Hit - This once you have higher leveled gems giving you crit hit you could replace with another stat. I recommend jump for added survivability.
    - Attack Speed
    Hat:
    - Health (only choice)
    - Crit Damage
    - Magic Find - if your survivability isn't that great, you could replace this with jump as well.
    - Attack Speed
    Face:
    - Health (only choice)
    - Crit Damage
    - Magic Damage
    - Attack Speed

Gem with a boosts on Magic Damage or critical damage for max damage, there's no need for all boosts to be on critical damage, but its ok too, you just don't want boosts on stats that doesn't add any final damage.
    I use Chronomancer Ally, haven't tried Starlight Dragonling , i'll check if it does more damage. @Edit Just tried Starlight Dragonling, it almost doesn't activate the fire thing, i think chronomancer qubesly is a better option due to cooldown reducing.
    For subclass i use CandyBarbarian, since i have a CB 15k+, it drops a lot of candy that raises my Attack speed frequently, much more frequently then Lunar lancer activate.
    My IGN: Etherbl
    Mastery: 300+
    /joinworld Etherion Temple

Thank you all who helped me get 30 refers!

please regard the 2 posts above me as: this is what u can do in ST if there is 25% damage of 1 class of an 8 player group missing to kill a boss/floor. 95% of the time u will want to have a setup like this:

staff: energy regeneration/jump or ch/movement speed
    hat: attack speed/magic find/movement speed
    face: attack speed/%hp or jump or magic damage/movement speed i use %hp 3rd
    ring and ally: magic find
    subclass: pirate (magic find)

explanation:

- very early on auto attack starts 1/2hitting bosses in u9 and stun-bomb 1hits all none bosses and hits more than 1 target. therefor u dont need full attack speed or any for that matter.
    - having enough er to spam stun-bomb/blink is incomparably more useful than a slightly faster auto.
    - u9 is weak, u dont need cd on gear, movementspeed farms the fastest.

+ Reply to Thread