+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recreating trove in minecraft? Opinions & Questions

Recreating trove in minecraft? Opinions & Questions

So, for a while now, I've been wanting to remake trove in minecraft as a stand alone server, and/or plugin. Not the current trove though, quite a while back, likely before mop, around when I started playing. That's the trove I remember, and enjoyed the most. This is obviously a lengthy project, time wise, so it'd be something that wouldn't be done in a month, it would likely be a time filler for me, a project that I can do in my spare time. The server would be made without any mods, as most players on mc lack the skill or will to install a mod to play a server, when they can just go to a different one without mods. The plugin/server would be available on GitHub, and of course spigotmc. Anyway, this is an opinions/questions thread, what I'm asking for is feedback from the community here on how this will go, whether it's worth the time trying. Of course i'll be asking trino for permission to do this, as I'm sure there would be some legal issues using their names.

tl;dr, I'm probably going to recreate trove in minecraft soon, please give me opinions/questions on whether this could actually get anywhere.
    I make websites and other stuff for people.

Sadly, this will be very hard to recreate. Trove is not written in a minecraft format, but from a visual perspective I understand (blocky) Trove is written in c++ and will be very hard to recreate in minecraft (java/openGL) Maybe the map you can do but for the features like weapons and that, It is impossible, minecraft coding has a different structure when you make plugins and mods from other games like Trove, blockade3d, and such those minecraft style shooters. I can help if you want with the map, pm me for a server. GL

Tbh, I don't know if I would do maps, or let people make their own. I may just create a configuration for the existing, popular terrain plugins. Namely, epicworldgenerator and terraincontrol/openterraingenerator. Weapons is a problem as you mentioned, but not necessarily making them work, that's definitely possible. Just the shear amount of weapons would be the issue.
    I make websites and other stuff for people.

What you do for weaps is have just the basic types and let players design their own weapon appearance. You can't do all that work yourself it was user generated.

+ Reply to Thread