+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Trove Team post in this thread.   Thread: 1 Year Patron

1 Year Patron

Hello all,

It was a rather large mistake that occurred so I feel it's important to let us players speak on it, and voice our concerns because a lot of us only put real money into it because of what we thought was a deal on patron.

I won't post more on it here yet unless everyone is open for a discussion on the matter. I have documents that I would like to provide from Trove support where they advised me to ask Sony for a refund, as well as a conversation with Sony telling me that isn't possible... But you knew that, didn't you :P

Whether it be an honest mistake, or a scheme that had a lot of us put up our money, with you knowing we couldn't get it back, we should talk about it

Hey, this is Fasti. Please check your forum inbox for a message from me. The OP had to be edited to remove a violation of the forum rules (discussing moderator action) and I provide more info there. Thanks!

definitely up for discussion.. But my understanding is that you will get your refund in credits didn't you? I'm sure one way or another you will get some sort of reimbursement?

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticSheep1 View Post
    Hello all,

It was a rather large mistake that occurred so I feel it's important to let us players speak on it, and voice our concerns because a lot of us only put real money into it because of what we thought was a deal on patron.

I won't post more on it here yet unless everyone is open for a discussion on the matter. I have documents that I would like to provide from Trove support where they advised me to ask Sony for a refund, as well as a conversation with Sony telling me that isn't possible... But you knew that, didn't you :P

Whether it be an honest mistake, or a scheme that had a lot of us put up our money, with you knowing we couldn't get it back, we should talk about it
    I agree, we should talk about it. Not sure how fasti thought it was spiraling out of control, it was a legitimate response to something that wasn't really providing answers from trion.

2 issues need to be addressed. The first is that this was up for 5 hours, not 5 minutes. This wasn't people jumping on a glitch that occurred and abusing it. I waited patiently and even posted on trovesaurus discord asking people about it.

At the 2 hour mark I realized that 1 month patron passes were now selling for half of what they were, devaluing something that I had spent quite a bit of flux on. I had a decision to make. So I purchased the 1 year and put my 1 month up for sale at a loss of half of what it was ( this was the current price as many were selling off their 1 month passes that now seemed to be soon worthless). With a 1 year pass being sold for 5 hours and being cheap, there was no reason to assume the 1 month pass would hold much value for long. Again, this offer was up for 5 hours, not 5 minutes. That pass sold and I lost 250k, but It was fine because I had a 1 year pass now (or so I thought).

Second issue. When this was removed from the market, we never received any info about anything. All I read on Trove forums was one guy asking about it because club members told him he missed out on it. I couldn't find any reason why they would just remove the pass and refund our credits immediately. I had read about previous mistakes that trion made and how many of the longtime Trove players took advantage and were quite rich from Trions mistake, which was never taken away. Now I read today we are getting 750 credits for this "confusion" if we had purchased a 1 year pass.

Now is where I really have a problem with this. I never asked or needed compensation from the mistake. What I needed was reimbursement for the loss due to new market information that drastically altered the market due to this mistake. It's great that people get 750 credits (which I still haven't received yet), but I'm out 250k due to a normal reaction to a market that anyone that was on would have done. Again, this mistake was up 5 hours not 5 minutes. All I wanted and still want is to be back where I was before this mistake happened.

There's some good discussion on Trove Reddit about the Patron Fiasco. I tried to by $10 in coins(against my better judgement) to get the greater dragon cache 5x deal and wouldn't you know it, after multiple resets and troubleshooting, still nothing. Luckily when I contacted Xbox they said it was a licensing issue and gave me a refund then advised me to wait 24 hours for licensing to update? Two things: 1) the deal lasts 5 hours and then it's gone. 2) **** that. Get your stuff together Trion. I'm embarrassed for you.

I was refunded the credits I paid for it, and I received the 750 additional credits as well; however, the product I purchased should not have been exempt from the "All sales final" that gets applied to all other purchases. I accepted this though, because I'm not out for blood here, all I wanted was a refund, which they said I could get through Sony. When I was denied the refund through Sony (Since the product shows as redeemed) Sony said to me that I should contact Trove, as this was on error on their part. Trove then said the best they could do was the refund of credits plus the additional 750.

I came back with a counter offer though, and had asked for three months worth of patron, and they could take all credits in my account. I'll post the reply to that when I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticSheep1 View Post
    I was refunded the credits I paid for it, and I received the 750 additional credits as well; however, the product I purchased should not have been exempt from the "All sales final" that gets applied to all other purchases. I accepted this though, because I'm not out for blood here, all I wanted was a refund, which they said I could get through Sony. When I was denied the refund through Sony (Since the product shows as redeemed) Sony said to me that I should contact Trove, as this was on error on their part. Trove then said the best they could do was the refund of credits plus the additional 750.

I came back with a counter offer though, and had asked for three months worth of patron, and they could take all credits in my account. I'll post the reply to that when I get it.
    Yeah I'm not angry that they made a mistake, although I wish they had fixed it sooner before people and the market reacted to it. I am a bit dismayed that they messed up twice and then leave me feeling like I made the mistake. I would gladly trade my 750 credits for a 1 month patron pass for sure, or even simply 250k flux added to my account.

Good luck Mag, and definitely do let us know how that works out.

Quote Originally Posted by kanamit View Post
    Yeah I'm not angry that they made a mistake, although I wish they had fixed it sooner before people and the market reacted to it. I am a bit dismayed that they messed up twice and then leave me feeling like I made the mistake. I would gladly trade my 750 credits for a 1 month patron pass for sure, or even simply 250k flux added to my account.

Good luck Mag, and definitely do let us know how that works out.
    Exactly, they made a mistake, and no one should be angry at them for this.

I actually hadn't played trove for a few weeks and happened to come back and saw the 1 year patron. For me, this ignited a spark to start playing trove as my main MMO again. I can easily say I've put in well over 1000 hours into the game, so having that "spark" back felt nice, so I'm hoping we can work together on this

When did they send you those 750 credits btw? I got my 1800 yesterday but none since.

They gave them to me when they credited back the 1800.

Banned
    Oooo e this is a fun one eh!
    Everyone has a special story on how this messed them over one way or another.

My sob story is I have nothing to complain about this round...
    Bah... I want to play.

Problem is they have to pick a one size fits all solution, some will be happy, some won't. Wait lol no one will be happy.

Psn has refunded me for trove items in the past. Make them refund you if it's that important to you. Oh wait your screwed because you bought credits bought the patron pass and something else not having the full amount to be refunded.

Oh trion
    Good luck making these guys whole..

+ Reply to Thread