+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Gunslinger Costume]-Ronin Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious View Post
    Being partially Asian, this makes me really happy! :D
    Things I can suggest are to make the chest with lesser.. volume. [?] Mainly cause well, females weren't allowed to be in the war back in the day! Of course! Dang it, I wish Mulan could help me on supporting that idea..
    Maybe a bit of shadowing too? Straight up red is a little painful to the eyes, so maybe vary your colours + add complementary colours? :D
    Still! The costume overall is amazing, god I'm really happy with the Dragon guns too, eeee!
    yea I made the chest in greater volume, because I imagined the armor to be bulky in the front protecting the heart and all, shading is on my to do list, and I'm glad you liked it . Thanks for the feedback!
    IGN= BlazingKnight

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMate View Post
    Welcome to the world of modding! \o/

Looks like people have aided you with all sorts of good suggestions already, I agree with the ones addressing shading and reducing the shots' VFX. Personally, I'd probably revise the helmet too, to either make a little flatter and "rounder" or make it more kabuto-like (like in the reference picture).

Other than that, it's a really cool mod for you first work, keep up the good work!
    Thank you! I will try and make the hat a bit rounder, thanks for the feedback!
    IGN= BlazingKnight

Quote Originally Posted by Equinoxide View Post
    The vfx are great, but a little too much. Also, the costume is on par, but its exactly the same as one of the Candy Barbarians in game. Maybe some recoloring would fix that.
    The costume in question is the Daybreak Daimyo, which is a craftable costume from the Chaos Crafter. Personally, I don't mind the similarity since it's on a different class.
    To modify Christina Perri's Jar of Hearts, "My arteries explode from the salt inside my soul, so cut the RNG, before it ruins me."

Quote Originally Posted by Craftsman42 View Post
    The costume in question is the Daybreak Daimyo, which is a craftable costume from the Chaos Crafter. Personally, I don't mind the similarity since it's on a different class.
    I never knew that costume existed.
    IGN= BlazingKnight

[update]
    vfx for the regular attack are changed
    Before

After
    IGN= BlazingKnight

Quote Originally Posted by Equinoxide View Post
    The vfx are great, but a little too much. Also, the costume is on par, but its exactly the same as one of the Candy Barbarians in game. Maybe some recoloring would fix that.
    Kinda partial to this comment, as more costumes with the same color scheme isn't necessarily a bad thing, it allows for alot of mix and matching (just take the q'bthulhu or moonsilver costumes as examples) which can be good.

As for the costume itself, i think you should try and do something more with the front, making it as... busty as you have, seems almost too bulky, and there could also be more room for some of the same great patterning you've done to the hat, likewise with the cape, it's very bland currently, and i'd love to see some more tinkering with design on that front.
    IGN: Chronozilla | Total Mastery: TBA | Total Power Rank: TBA | Alpha Conqueror | Gem Augment Info | Companion Egg Issue | Trion Support
    LEGIT Heart-a-Phones Received: 703 | Heart-a-Phones Sent: 687| Fish Caught: 31,208 | Trovesaurus | Geode Master Sheet | Notes for Returning Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Thanks for saving my bacon, Chronozilla.

very unique design and vfx although i dont like the cape much

Vietnamlovely Club - Vietnamlovely facebook
    Refer code: WJZHRYXXC3K9ZYED6DJX

Quote Originally Posted by Duong View Post
    very unique design and vfx although i dont like the cape much
    yes the cape is very bland, I was trying to make those hanging scrolls but I couldn't write the signs
    IGN= BlazingKnight

(UPDATE) Hello there! sorry for disappearing for months, so I changed around the hat and the cape to make them not look so bland
    thanks for reading.
    keep grinding

IGN= BlazingKnight

The Torso looks absolutely awesome now, but im still not a fan of the cape, you could make it wider maybe or add something else to it

+ Reply to Thread