+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Abusing' a free market is literally oxymoronic.

'Abusing' a free market is literally oxymoronic.

Now If all I had to my name was $100 it would be difficult for me to move up the social ladder. I couldn't buy a car. I can probably barely afford a suit and tie for getting a job if I didn't have one. I certainly couldn't afford to date someone or rent movies so that I was conversationally or socially up to date with my peers.

If I Only Had $10,000 it would be a lot easier for me to move up the social ladder than if I only had $100. I could buy a car. I could pay rent in a house.

If I Only Had a Million Dollars it would be far far far easier for me to move up the social ladder. Having more money to work with means more options and that's why we tax the rich so highly. The more money you have the easier it becomes to, say, buy more companies and even more exponentially grow wealth.

If you're struggling to figure out the marketplace what I would recommend that you do is save up some flux and don't spend it until it's time for a come up. People who are unable to save money will often look at those who are able to save money and call them abusers or capitalist dogs or whatever. But the simple truth is that those people who save money are the ones who have more options in the game and when they see a good deal they can buy it and that's why they maintain their wealth and why they're so wealthy. There is no way to abuse a free market because a totally free market is abuse already. A free market says everyone pays the same regardless of how the social network around them has elevated them. A free market encourages monopolies.

If I worked alone building houses it would take me a very long time, but if I had one other person helping me each of us could specialize in the various aspects of building houses and together we could build a house not in half the time but in 1/3 of the time - because both of us aren't constantly changing tools as one example. Therefore anytime two people work together they produce three times as much work not two times as much work.

So very wealthy people with a lot of options who work together create many multitudes more wealth for themselves than anyone else. If you consider that to be abuse you might be a communist.

I was recently called a market abuser by someone on these forums who doesn't understand these very basic premises of freemarket economy. I'd like to clear the air for those of you who may actually quote on quote abuse the system and let you know that there's nothing morally wrong with what you are doing because we aren't causing people to starve and die with our actions.

So for anyone who's a fan of Economics, math, hoarding wealth, making money very quickly or any of those kinds of things I just want to call out the people who think it's wrong and say actually THEY are wrong. And they would probably fail the bechdel test.

True indeed Thats why next major update wil eliminate trade all together Yay trion a Fan of economic wealth

Do you mean that trading between players will be eliminated or trading on the marketplace will be eliminated and are you talking about all items or just non materials?

Im afraid trading all together wil disapear soon I didnt know trove to be this old when started playing 5 months ago Didnt see it before on ps4 free games

Ive seen trading disapearing too much in games to prevent scamming or having multiple accounts I can see this to be difficult to remove? But dont underestimate profit

I realy believe trion for example.. makes decisions knowing balance to come back in time and there not much to do for us but whine and cry or have a chance to get a 5% awnser to some crittical needed questions or to a scream like Wtf is this all of a sudden ? Its all in the what 15 pages of agreement of ps4 or trove it self idk Its there its done But noo

Hopes trove becomes 10x bigger in the next 3 months Then what happens

Thanks so trading isn't slated to disappear soon. You're just speculating, right?

i always find someone selling stuff for ALOT lower then its worth, then i snag it then sell it for a decent price. easy profit for little work and some thinking

my friend even called me a pig and threatened to report me if i dont stop

Laugh hard at him and swim in flux. You will never ever get in trouble for doing this. It's intended.

+ Reply to Thread