Final numbers for glacial shards:

250 : 1st frag
    +18k : 2nd frag
    +4k : 3rd frag
    +1k : 4th frag
    +66k : 5th frag

Total: 89k

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    Final numbers for glacial shards: ... +18k : 2nd frag ... +66k : 5th frag ... Total: 89k
    Working as intended, just work-in 17,800 glacial shard nodes while doing dungeon challenges in permaforst /sarcasm, same goes for the sun light bulb biomes that only spawn in prime worlds where no one farms gemboxes?

The response by Fasti in the last livestream doesn't fit peoples playing habits. Hrly challengers aren't going to slow down so you can kill spiders/dinos or mine infinium/glacial shards. Even if you did 10 rolls every challenge, 3 times a day (generous for glacial shards), this person would have to wait 590+ days to visit 17,800 nodes.

at least they're 'considering' infinium in the fire elemental world, where people will actually be coming across it. Anyone get their fragment from Drowned world-Highland/Fae spiders?

I don't think I've ever seen a jurassic dungeon challenge in the last 30 days I've been playing, and I've hatched 9 dragons that required dragon coins in that time. Can't 'work in' killing dino's if it never comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a jurassic dungeon challenge in the last 30 days I've been playing, and I've hatched 9 dragons that required dragon coins in that time. Can't 'work in' killing dino's if it never comes up.
    With the introduction of new collection challenges, you aren't tied to farming a specific biome. Talking about casual players, since you can do your daily challenge in 2 minutes, you still have to fill the Star Bar, and that leaves you some freedom on where you will go. So challenges are irrelevant here, unless you do more than one and biome challenge pops. But then, it's only a problem if you log out between challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    ... you still have to fill the Star Bar, and that leaves you some freedom on where you will go. ...
    Does killing regular mobs like spiders and dinos fill the star bar? as far as I know those don't show up as dungeon bosses. It's a side task that no one would be sure it worked if they didn't make the efforts like we see in this thread, 6-30hrs intentionally killing gobs of mobs. I intentionally leveled alt classes in neon city, 10+hrs of dungeons at 105+ DPH rate, that's like 81 Neon City dungeon challenges minimum for my worst kami fragment drop. Like DDEs, the variance between occurances on a time gated activity seems out of line.

I find it funny that GM woofster said they had their three primordial dragons while fasti has yet to get one, working as intended indeed.

Fasti also mentioned finding them while getting the crafting materials, everyone in this thread would agree that no one person needs 26K to 89K glacial shards for anything, it's even overkill for 'everything'.

I came across many more Dracocolatl's in flyovers to a Neon City than Kami fragments, and I felt that was depressing

Does killing regular mobs like spiders and dinos fill the star bar? as far as I know those don't show up as dungeon bosses.
    Well, you brought up challenges in Dino Biome. That's no different than filling Star Bar in Dino Biome, which makes challenges irrelevant here. That was my point. Also, clearing dungeons, you kill mobs here and there, so you always get few chances.

As for my statistics, I got my first and only Kami fragment from about 3 hours XP farming with focus on Neon City (although I farmed that much only because of ridiculously stacking bonus). More useful information about Kami fragments would be amount of Robotic Salvage gathered, as Kami eggs are supposed to drop from Salvage drops (not sure if they need to appear both, tho).
    I got my first and only Floral fragment from 1k Bulbs, I gathered only 1k more since then.

Quote Originally Posted by KoBeWi View Post
    ... More useful information about Kami fragments would be amount of Robotic Salvage gathered ...
    can't help here, the 5000+ robo salvage I farmed up likely had a huge help from the tome I used while leveling because I needed 4750 alone for Fulguras. The only non-robot mobs in Neon City happens to be the power generator 3* dungeon where they have a Highlands spider or mushroom as the 1st and or 2nd 1* boss for some unknown reason.

I can tell you I dropped off easily over 15 wall trophies in the community chest every hr, supposidly those are 'rare'.

FYI, they took the Jurassic biome and Dragonfire peaks out of the challenge when they switched up the portals and how they generate biomes. Since those biomes are introduced later on, it wasn't fair to newer players who couldn't access those portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    FYI, they took the Jurassic biome and Dragonfire peaks out of the challenge when they switched up the portals and how they generate biomes. Since those biomes are introduced later on, it wasn't fair to newer players who couldn't access those portals.
    I had started the game before that update, and dropped it shortly afterward so that helps explain that, thanks.

I'm glad that bedroom racing challenge barely ever pops up, hated that one prior to dropping the game 9 months ago

+ Reply to Thread