+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Use both Override folders and .tmod files at once (bug workaround)

Exclamation Use both Override folders and .tmod files at once (bug workaround)

Boring info
    As many of you already know .tmods stop working as soon as you have an override folder, well this is only half true. At this time the game thinks that whenever there is an override folder with a file in it, it is making the .tmod files not find the files that they should override when loaded hence we get this wierd bug where .tmod files does not work correctly.

For some of us (especially modders) this is a huge issue, since we usually keep .tmod copies of files that we use while playing and override folder versions of our mods that we are working on at the same time (atleast that is what i do).

The Solution
    This is by far not the most ideal solution but it is the best workaround that allows you to still use override folders AND .tmod files without ever having to worry about extracting .tmod files or anything!

By downloading the script down below and placing it next to your Trove.exe file (in your trove folder) and then running it as a normal user it will begin its process of extracting the client and saving all files that it finds in override folders. This will allow .tmods to find thier appropriate files to override even when using override folders!

How to use
    1. Go to your trove folder where Trove.exe exist
    2. Put the "fix_tmods.bat" file next to your Trove.exe
    3. Run the "fix_tmods.bat" file as a normal user (double click)
    4. Read the instructions carefully.
    5. Wait for it to do its magic (should take around 5 minutes if you have a decent computer).
    6. Once done start Trove as normal and enjoy having the possibility of using both .tmods and override folders at once!

NOTE: Make a backup of your Trove folder just in case if anything goes wrong, but this has been tested and so far no issues has appeared.

Download (right click -> save as...)
    https://gist.githubusercontent.com/t.../fix_tmods.bat

Source Code
    https://gist.github.com/thesymbol/3c...c8d72f2533925c

Credit
    • TheSymbol - Researching and writing script
    • Ignitas - Writing original client extractor
    • ExoDave - Helping with testing

This script has been tested and it works. Very useful tool for current and future modders. Remember to simply run it as a normal user no need for admin.

Thank you.
    So much.
    TheSymbol, ExoDave, and Ignitas,
    You three just saved this little boy's visual enjoyment of the game.

Edit:
    I would like to ask if this also affects mods like ExoDave's Disable Outline Effect.
    It doesn't seem like it and the .tmods stop working.
    What™

Quote Originally Posted by GriphOn View Post
    Thank you.
    So much.
    TheSymbol, ExoDave, and Ignitas,
    You three just saved this little boy's visual enjoyment of the game.

Edit:
    I would like to ask if this also affects mods like ExoDave's Disable Outline Effect.
    It doesn't seem like it and the .tmods stop working.
    it "might" fix that but, i cant know for sure since i dont use that mod, if you can test and come back with results that would be great!

Thank you so much for publishing this! You make the modder life amazing and worth it since the update! hahaha xD

TMODs, never understood the need for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennry View Post
    TMODs, never understood the need for them.
    Me neither, they could just have easily just made it use .zip or any other compression standard.

But as it stands now its the only way to get mods on steam and some users might want to still have the ability to use override mods (.zip) from Trovesaurus.

I deleted my override folder because of lordfafy's video on fixing it so now I can't mod. Does anyone have a solution ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyIII View Post
    I deleted my override folder because of lordfafy's video on fixing it so now I can't mod. Does anyone have a solution ;-;
    Just recreate the folder.
    ~~IGN: Spirare~~
    ~~ Main class: Dracolyte | Power Rank: 22,085 | Mastery: 374 ~~
    ~~ Clubs: Trove Wikia | ~~
    ~~ Dragons: 22/38 | 3/3 ~~

Just recreate it and where will the files be

+ Reply to Thread