+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: PR from new gem system?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    19

    PR from new gem system?

    Hey guys im just wondering for those players that are 23.5k+ how did u boost up so quick? I understand bond brilliance or what ever its called from boons but im only gaining like 7 pr per boost. Is there a order in which we should upgrade gems or how does this work cuz ive boosted like 60 times an im at 22.5k pr still. before the update i was 21.8k so i had good gems all 550+ small gems with 3 star emp gems. Im very sorry about my grammar.

  2. #2
    Senior Member spar13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    1,298
    We've had resources saved up and $. I knew a few people including myself who had over a stack of each type of gem waiting for this update. Opening all of those gave a lot of dust. We've also been saving up souls and dragonite. Just saving up is the reason.



    IGN: spar13

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    19
    any chance u can give me a idea how many brilliance u guys might have used?

  4. #4
    Senior Member PPP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by solarmooned View Post
    any chance u can give me a idea how many brilliance u guys might have used?
    They probably had good gems to start with (so less brilliances are needed). Anyways, it takes 1080 Builder's Coarse Focus / 540 Builder's Precise Focus / 216 Builder's Superior Focus to max all 9 gems on average.

    More info on this post:
    http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...and-Guidelines

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    19
    tyvm thats kinda info i was after =)

  6. #6
    Senior Member Dreadly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    195
    Superior focus route costs 32million flux, which could also buy you nearly 3 years of patron lol.
    Precise focus route is 1.6million of each dust.

    maxing isn't for the faint of heart lol
    IGN: Dreadly | Mastery: 600+

    If you are under Mastery 20 and want a Free Class Coin through the referral system click here

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadly View Post
    Superior focus route costs 32million flux, which could also buy you nearly 3 years of patron lol.
    Precise focus route is 1.6million of each dust.

    maxing isn't for the faint of heart lol
    In a sense, precise focus, is practically free, since dusts can't be traded, you have to earn them, and let's be honest, doing at a minimum of 40~60 dungeons an hour, you're close to 1.5k~2k (with patron, possibly 1k~1.5k without as karma hits at 35 boxes for patrons, and the stellar gem grants dusts worth of 4 radiant gems)

    You're looking at a minimum of 5k dusts per day, if farming often enough, so 1.6mil dust can be achieved within 320 days of farming at a rate of 120 dungeons per day.
    These numbers aren't very accurate as they are a rough estimate of how much dust I get from farming gems for a few hours. I can regularly earn close to 15~20k per day so in my case I could max out a gem in a month of playing every single day.

    As some would know, and the devs have already pointed out, the content they added, isn't meant to be completed within one month or so, they're giving themselves room to improve later while people still struggle to reach max PR.

  8. #8
    Senior Member fruitie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,476
    Quote Originally Posted by UnDrac View Post
    You're looking at a minimum of 5k dusts per day, if farming often enough, so 1.6mil dust can be achieved within 320 days of farming at a rate of 120 dungeons per day.
    Cool, just under a year to max gems for a single class when the devs supposedly want us to gear up multiple classes. Within that time, not only will you have spend a ridiculous amount of dust, but a tonne of flux too. In the mean time, by then all of your effort will be meaningless because another power update will come. One could even be coming up in the form of the club update which could be taking in resources from the entire club to boost stats. It is speculation, but it would tie into the soul sink they've been mentioning a while ago. Not only that, but those extra stats really aren't that much more useful on what you can get without spending tens of millions of flux. Imo we should be putting pressure on them for calling them out on a terrible system because god knows when it'll be adjusted. Yes you can argue that people can max new content early on, but that doesn't mean it's easy if they're spending ridiculous amounts of resources they've acquired from stupid money or a lot of time they've previously put in the game. In fact it doesn't really matter because there's still people treating money as no object and maxing stuff out whilst the new system is useless for the vast majority. Personally I have plenty of resources, but I refuse to waste it.

    This isn't the first game I've seen hold people back artificially to try and slow them down over actually having content that actually feels good. It's quite sad.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
    Cool, just under a year to max gems for a single class when the devs supposedly want us to gear up multiple classes. Within that time, not only will you have spend a ridiculous amount of dust, but a tonne of flux too. In the mean time, by then all of your effort will be meaningless because another power update will come. One could even be coming up in the form of the club update which could be taking in resources from the entire club to boost stats. It is speculation, but it would tie into the soul sink they've been mentioning a while ago. Not only that, but those extra stats really aren't that much more useful on what you can get without spending tens of millions of flux. Imo we should be putting pressure on them for calling them out on a terrible system because god knows when it'll be adjusted. Yes you can argue that people can max new content early on, but that doesn't mean it's easy if they're spending ridiculous amounts of resources they've acquired from stupid money or a lot of time they've previously put in the game. In fact it doesn't really matter because there's still people treating money as no object and maxing stuff out whilst the new system is useless for the vast majority. Personally I have plenty of resources, but I refuse to waste it.

    This isn't the first game I've seen hold people back artificially to try and slow them down over actually having content that actually feels good. It's quite sad.
    Take a look at some reasons why players should max out pr on all classes:
    - New subclass passives? The different between passive tiers are very small and have little to no impact to the core game. They are just something nice to have but not a game breaking factor if players do not have them maxed out. Take a look of the details of subclass here: http://trove.wikia.com/wiki/Subclass and see if anything there must to be maxed out or players will not be able to play on the highest difficulty.
    - U 9? Players do not need all 15 high/maxed out pr classes to do U 9. Even if they are going to release U 10 and higher in the future, again, players do not need to have all 15 classes maxed out, one class (not necessarily to be maxed pr) is enough for farming.
    - STs? Again, players do not need all 15 high/maxed out classes to do Ultra mode. Having multiple high pr classes is great for different situations but not a must.
    - PR leaderboard? Majority players do not need to get in top 100 to be able to enjoy every aspect of the game. If someone wants to be that competitive, that person should be fully aware that it is going to cost a lot of time or money or both because it is simply the nature of it.

    So do players have to max out gems on 1 or multiple classes? No, not at all. Good to have not a must.

    "In the mean time, by then all of your effort will be meaningless." Will they erase/reset players' pr, gems or gears? I doubt it. It is more likely they will become a foundation of a newer system hence not meaningless.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibita View Post
    Take a look at some reasons why players should max out pr on all classes:
    - New subclass passives? The different between passive tiers are very small and have little to no impact to the core game. They are just something nice to have but not a game breaking factor if players do not have them maxed out. Take a look of the details of subclass here: http://trove.wikia.com/wiki/Subclass and see if anything there must to be maxed out or players will not be able to play on the highest difficulty.
    - U 9? Players do not need all 15 high/maxed out pr classes to do U 9. Even if they are going to release U 10 and higher in the future, again, players do not need to have all 15 classes maxed out, one class (not necessarily to be maxed pr) is enough for farming.
    - STs? Again, players do not need all 15 high/maxed out classes to do Ultra mode. Having multiple high pr classes is great for different situations but not a must.
    - PR leaderboard? Majority players do not need to get in top 100 to be able to enjoy every aspect of the game. If someone wants to be that competitive, that person should be fully aware that it is going to cost a lot of time or money or both because it is simply the nature of it.

    So do players have to max out gems on 1 or multiple classes? No, not at all. Good to have not a must.

    "In the mean time, by then all of your effort will be meaningless." Will they erase/reset players' pr, gems or gears? I doubt it. It is more likely they will become a foundation of a newer system hence not meaningless.
    For me, the thing that really made the overall stale grind interesting was that I could play every class on the same level whenever I wanted to before MoP. This cool feature was taken away by the gems. When you have more diverse and complex MOBA characters out there - potentially more than a hundred of them per game - it feels boring to grind using only 1 class for hundreds if not thousands of hours in Trove.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts